Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Dawn of Worlds (OOC Thread)  (Read 10140 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Worlds (OOC Thread)
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2011, 11:58:38 am »

Thanks, also I think it looks nice.

I am going to start on my turn, might as well merge the maps as long as I am at it.

We are starting a new round yes?

Riiiiiiight.

Hey GM, do you mind if I cut a wee bit of the ocean off so image shack stop resizing it for these guys. It makes it all blurry.

Damn it is not going to work...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 12:53:13 pm by Criptfeind »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2011, 01:13:52 pm »

How to win friends and influence people (Or at least make it so imageshack® does not mess with your images.*)

Step one: Change the image resize option to: Do not resize:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There is no step two.

*Hah hah just kidding, imageshack® will still mess with your stuff, but at least it is not photobucket, and that is good enough for me.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2011, 03:47:26 pm »

Alright. I'm assuming you dont need to change map when you create an avatar? Because I didn't.
Raggle Fraggle

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2011, 03:58:01 pm »

Not only impractical because there is no enemies but also because, although I don't know the true size of each hex, I suspect that the fortress is much to large for any army to protect.

If you want you feel free to change the rest of the wasteland into a frozen hell, I don't really care what it is as long as it has no water, I just went with what seemed the most realistic, frozen hell on one side and burning hell on the other.

Also you should have 11 points this turn 7 from roll, 3 from last turn, and 1 bonus.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2011, 04:31:42 pm »

Oh. I guess I'll edit. But yeah. I'm assuming it doesnt have entrances and if it does AND have proper fortress design I imagine alot of "WTFing" Cave people. Also I like how I split the continent' with a mountain range and a judgmental yeti.
Raggle Fraggle

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2011, 08:26:43 pm »

I assume at least some paint skills and a paint program are necessary to join, right?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2011, 09:05:08 pm »

No to the first, it seems that none of us have any skills to speak of. To the second I am just using MS paint, unless you have some really weird computer you should have that or something of the same. Although if you want to get fancy GIMP is free.

Edit: I take back that no talent comment, I quite like the trees.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:11:14 pm by Criptfeind »

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2011, 09:17:21 pm »

Excellent. I run a mac so I'm going to download something and screw around till I get the hang of it.

Name: Æther
Description: The essence of existence. If I make an avatar, it will probably end up looking something like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Domain: Magic, Lore, Knowledge, and Chaos
Aspects: Elves, Books, and Spells.
Lore: No one knows how exactly it came into being. Some say is just was, and always will be. Some say that it is the force that created the universe itself.

So I just jump into existence now or what?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:23:13 pm by rty275 »

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2011, 09:23:55 pm »

Nice you likes my trees.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2011, 09:29:46 pm »

I must say, this has all the makings of an epic tale in progress. Good game thus far, I look forward to this...

Also, could we each list our timezones and general availabilities? It would be grand if we could get ourselves a chat room going, this weekend perhaps, and get finish several rounds in one sitting.

To that end. I am in eastern pacific time, (CA, USA) and am usually around in the early mornings/afternoons and late evenings.

I assume at least some paint skills and a paint program are necessary to join, right?

All you really need is MS Paint. Or, if you preferred, you could simply specify what you wanted done and where you would like it here, and I or someone else who was willing could fill it in for you. I've found some sprites from Autorealm that I intend to put to use, and plan on cleaning my part of the map up anyways.

Alright. I'm assuming you dont need to change map when you create an avatar? Because I didn't.

No need really, as long as you note where the avatar is, especially if it is to be defending or performing something. Travel in DoW is generally instantaneous, so aside from those situations, it practically shouldn't matter. :)

@Riccto: You've got it. For every consecutive turn that you begin with 5 points or less, you get a +1 modifiers, which stacks up to +3. If you end your turn with more than 5 points, you lose the whole modifier and it starts over.

EDIT: Welcome to the game, rty275! I haven't checked the thread yet, but if we have already moved onto Round 2 you can just roll 4d6 and make your mark.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:31:27 pm by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2011, 09:32:36 pm »

I'm on West coast time, and I'm usually online something like 6:30-7 AM and 7-9 PM.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2011, 09:41:37 pm »

My sleep schedule changes around slowly, being awake 32 hours does that...hey, we're all on now? why not go find us a chat room and get that done.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2011, 09:49:35 pm »

Sounds good. What chat room and what client?

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2011, 09:53:07 pm »

Anything that let's us role would be ideal.

Alternatively, I have AIM.  ;)
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2011, 09:54:36 pm »

I am GMT-6 Central. Availability wise, weekends are pretty bad for me (I suspect I will miss at least one turn per weekend, maybe two depending on where the split is)  Sometime in Sunday afternoon or night is the only time on weekends I have with a computer. Prospects on the weekdays are much better, Friday is busy and so to is Thursday most days but after eightish on Thursdays I am open. On other day I am pretty much open from 3ish (GMT 9) to 11ish (GMT 5 in the morning)

As for clients, IRC is okay, so is Hamachi.

AIM is cool, there is a thingy that lets you connect to it without downloading, so if I can find that I will link it here.

Also, a word of warning, I have dysgraphia so I can't type fast or spell well in realtime environments.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10