Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Dawn of Worlds (OOC Thread)  (Read 10130 times)

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Re: Dawn of Worlds (OOC Thread)
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2011, 04:25:06 am »

wait does 0 count? cause I have some modifiers left un noted..
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2011, 04:42:45 am »

Come again? If I understand, 0 is less than 5, so you get the modifier. The modifier increases by 1 for every turn you have 5 or less points, up to a maximum of +3, and is lost when you begin a turn with more than 5 points.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2011, 05:52:46 am »

ok so ever turn from start I was at 0 except this one so how much back points do I have?
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2011, 12:46:17 pm »

Ibis, I sent you messages. Could you please reply to them so I can take my turn?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 01:02:48 pm by rty275 »

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2011, 02:07:36 pm »

New entry under House Rules, Misc.: Super Events, for your Chaotic/Orderly needs.

ok so ever turn from start I was at 0 except this one so how much back points do I have?

Judging by your posts, until Round 4 began you have been ending with 0 points. This is difficult to verify, however, because the links you posted to Invisible Castle have broken. In the future, please post the link with the [IMG] tag for easy reference. :)

For Round 2, you should have received a +1 modifier. For Round 3, +2. For Round 4, +3. Since you ended Round 4 with greater than 5 points, on Round 5 you will receive no modifier. If you end Round 5 with less than 5 points, on Round 6 you will receive a +1 modifier.

Does that make sense?

« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 02:19:56 pm by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2011, 03:44:43 pm »

What is this bonus I keep hearing about? I didn't know we got a bonus for ending with less than 5.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2011, 03:58:59 pm »

Read the DoW Rules! There is an explanation of this under III. Power, page 7.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2011, 04:00:56 pm »

I see. Sorry. I should have 6 more points then?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2011, 04:23:11 pm »

Sorry for that guys, I had to go and image shack was being evil. I am fixing the post as I write this.

Also, I don't know about the mega events so much... to do one it takes the god out of the game for a average of eight turns, so longer then a whole age. It seems not really worth it, the player who does one becomes a non player for so long and losses so much relevance, it seem like it will only take away from the cooperative story.

You will notice I did not fix the ground under the mountains, that is because I realized that would take a while and I wanted to get this up as soon as possible because I was holding the game back. I will fix it next time I do a turn if need be.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 04:26:01 pm by Criptfeind »

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2011, 04:24:30 pm »

I would think that 25 points would be good. More than a race, but won't take you out of the game for too long.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2011, 04:28:05 pm »

That is still almost whole age of not playing...

And of course if two gods are doing a great event tug of war it will slow the pacing down a ton...

Maybe there is another way to do this, maybe a way to use mortals to change the world?

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2011, 04:29:35 pm »

What I'm doing right now can't be done by mortals.

EDIT: Well it could be, but for them it would be risky and it would require modern or futuristic technology.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 04:32:50 pm by rty275 »

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2011, 04:39:58 pm »

And of course if two gods are doing a great event tug of war it will slow the pacing down a ton...

This is exactly why I made the cost so high- I didn't want to see a.) at least two players caught up in an endless war to alter physics, or b.) the laws of physics distorted so frequently and in so many ways that we would effectively just be nullifying each others' designs.

Here is the amendment I propose: Super Events remain 50 pts, but can only be performed in the First Age. I do not think this seems as controversial, since there is little else practical to do in the First Age besides create and terraform land, which we are quickly running out of. When the Second Age comes about, we put them away for good and the cold war ceases.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 04:41:55 pm by Ibid Straydrink »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2011, 04:40:52 pm »

Indeed, I like that.

(Although theoretically, next turn can be the last turn of this age anyway. I think you made the amount of land quite well.)

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2011, 04:41:13 pm »

I suppose. I'm pretty much done terraforming anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10