Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 56

Author Topic: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF  (Read 208374 times)

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
Re: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF
« Reply #405 on: January 31, 2012, 05:41:14 pm »

Giant Gummi Bears. 10-foot tall, snarling, vicious predators that can hunt down dwarves in the blink of an eye, cleaving them in two with their giant gelatinous paws.
RAWS DAMMIT

man that is cool
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 31, 2012, 05:47:11 pm »

HOLY when did this get 28 pages long!?

I neglect my own threads... :s

Anyway, looking forwards to the next release, can't wait to mod elf->dwarf syndromes and stuff... ;)
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #407 on: January 31, 2012, 06:07:04 pm »

Anyway, looking forwards to the next release, can't wait to mod elf->dwarf syndromes and stuff... ;)

You really don't want Dwarves protecting Forests with the zeal of Elves...

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING: [flammable head]
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 31, 2012, 08:44:00 pm »

"I WILL BURN ALL THE TREES SO THEY WON'T BE CUT DOWN!!!"
Explore a half-ruined facility and play with dangerous
mutagens in my forum game.
It's back! A bit. Seriously, jump in.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 01, 2012, 04:25:58 pm »

I tried to mod in a crature I and a friend made up called Humidai (Singular Humidis) I used another creature mod (Sergal I believe) as the base.

Came in three flavors

Civilized: On par with dwarves in technology sans the living underground, beards, and being short. Tall, strong, like killing things, and generally foul tempered. They lived in mountain lowlands and forests. And no, they did not care about the trees.

Savage: Hunter-gathers living in semi-permanent society. At best they had copper crap. They choose to live this way in honor of thier past, as pack hunting beasts of the jungles and forests.

Feral: Too stupid or weak willed to attain true sapient status. Still clever by any standard and fight in packs of 3 - 10.

They took a long time to mature to just young status (2 years) and another to mature. ALl had natural fighting skills, and had them have a preference for 2h swords and spears (due to thier large size, these weapons are easier for them to wield than most other races)
The only one I made sucessfully was the feral one, as they are used as fighting animals by other races. Any civs I may have made successfully seemed to always get curbstomped, so i gave up.

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 01, 2012, 05:59:00 pm »

I liked the 'piano' workshop mod, but wanted something a bit more dwarfy.  So I modded in the following:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You could try to link it to SoundSense. I, personally, think that dwarves that train concentration and student by playing Smoke On The Water on a pipe organ would be the best thing ever made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPUR5fWZVQs
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

nicholasneko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 01, 2012, 07:58:28 pm »

Long ago when 3D was brand new and smelting gave strange results I made a little mod "How I mine for fish?" that let you mine for fish frozen into blocks in the earth. Sadly I haven't touched it in.. year..s? But i'm sure its burried somewhere in this forum.

CandyTophat

• Bay Watcher
  • Pixels!
    • View Profile
    • The kindom of loathing!
« Reply #412 on: February 03, 2012, 10:53:51 am »

Traps that pummel anyone who enters them
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 11:13:26 am by CandyTophat »
Dwarf fortress ethics.
Of course there's an ethical way to train doctors! Toss children off short cliffs. Since they're not useful adults, injuring them isn't a waste of valuable labor, and since they're not nobles, it's ethical to use short cliffs instead of tall ones!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 03, 2012, 11:19:29 am »

PTW
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Glitch(TMG)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 03, 2012, 03:27:41 pm »

My first mods, just now. Each space is one where I started over from scratch. In order:

The very first thing i did was randomly swap the names of several of the objects txt files,as I've heard stories how people essed up something and wounded up with a totally messed-up world that made no sense. At first, nothing happened. Went and switched some more filenames, game crashed on worldgen.

Then, I tried to start being more subtle in my screwing with the world. give dwarves magma blood by changing all those "blood" tokens in their data definitions to "magma". Didn't do anything.

Then, I changed every parameter from spec_heat to liquid_desnity of the "skin" material to 0. Every living thing literally combusted.

Then I changed the melting point of all bones to 0. Every living thing just collapsed into a puddle of blood and organs.

Then I changed the melting poitn of some flux stone types to 10. Nothing happened. Then I gave all soil the melting_point parameter, and set it to 0. Nothing happened. Finally, did the same to all minerals, still nothing. 9I wanted my evaporating, collasping world, but oh well.)

Then I tried to give dwarves the entire body definition of whale sharks. Didn't work, crashed them game.

Then I tried with just the first set of body parameters from cave crocodiles onto dwarves. Still crashed the game.

Then I swaped the -entire- data blocks for dogs and giant desert scorpions (excepting ordinary pet, trainable, and value tokens), and embarked with tame scorpions. Took to long to try and dig something out so I could make a kennel and train the scorpions to attack, got bored and left.

Then I went back to the melting flesh idea, and did the first thing I did with skin, but to eyeballs and teeth. When the game started, every living thing's eyeballs and teeth instantly combusted. Small animals like cats bled out, everything bigger survived, put themselves out, and i was left with eyeless, toothless dwarves. Then I decided I should go back and be more careful about that "ignite_point" parameter. This time, dwarves eyes and teeth instantly metled out of their heads, but no fire. Also, somehow, two of my embark dwarves instantly went into romance and became loves, leaving their happiness at ecstatic despite having no eyes and teeth. Then I went back and looked at the bones parameters, from impact-Yield to torsion_yield, and changed -everything- to 0. Eyes and teeth metled out, but bones did not instantly turn to powder in their bodies. I was disappointed. Then I went back and set the melting point of skin, fat, muscles, and kidneys to 0. left all nerves, brain, and organs, and sinew. Everything bled to death instantly.

Then I tested removing the blood tokens from the dwarf data specifically and making their skin and fat melt. Was a success, fat and skin instantly melted, but no one bleeds at all.

Then I went back to that previous "everything is metling except nervous system and organs" and removed the blood tokens. This time, rthe dwarves actually just melted to death.

And then I decided I was done. Enough for an hour's work.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 03, 2012, 03:52:29 pm »

My first mods, just now. Each space is one where I started over from scratch. In order:
And then I decided I was done. Enough for an hour's work.
*sobs quietly*

Glitch(TMG)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 03, 2012, 04:12:55 pm »

Hey, I was just trying the simplest things I could manage for the most spectacular results :B Also, it was mainly a learning experience. Now that I have a grasp of the basics of modding, I can go back later and try to mod more seriously, with more complex ideas.

CandyTophat

• Bay Watcher
  • Pixels!
    • View Profile
    • The kindom of loathing!
« Reply #417 on: February 04, 2012, 06:49:32 am »

Gave my dorf adventurers a "breath attack".
It spawned a ball of liquid/gas wich you had to throw and then it looked like a breath attack  :-\...
Not that weird, but im a starting modder.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 08:20:05 am by CandyTophat »
Dwarf fortress ethics.
Of course there's an ethical way to train doctors! Toss children off short cliffs. Since they're not useful adults, injuring them isn't a waste of valuable labor, and since they're not nobles, it's ethical to use short cliffs instead of tall ones!

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 04, 2012, 07:16:20 am »

crap used as building material, seriously... and lore friendly too in my mod
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 04, 2012, 03:28:51 pm »

gave my dorf adventurers a "breath attack"
it spawned a ball of liquid/gas wich you had to throw and then it looked like a breath attack  :-\
not that weird, but im a starting modder

yep, that one's a classic. It's one of the mainstays of the wizard tower mods.

Next version, it's obsolete, as you can do material emission interactions as adventurers.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 56