Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 56

Author Topic: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF  (Read 208394 times)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
Re: Strangest, Wierdest thing you ever modded into DF
« Reply #375 on: January 02, 2012, 12:15:59 am »

In the next version, my next adventurer will be modled after Blade.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 03, 2012, 01:06:19 pm »

I added in Mecha Streisand from South Park. She's like an iron colossus, but she has teeth and a tail. And hair.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Raptor_a22

• Bay Watcher
  • [DERP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 06, 2012, 04:03:19 am »

Possibly THE most stupid, pointless, idiotic waste of time I have ever modded into DF is: The Plastic Mod

You smelt the Unprocessed Foam (an ore, found in veins in any stone) into foam logs, which can then be used to forge training swords. I also found out that elves decided to make all their weapons out of foam at one point, which quickly became another training regime: A single novice swordsdwarf with nothing but a wolf leather loincloth, a steel shield, a steel helmet and a steel shortsword took on an entire siege... by himself... and won.

Then, it just got more and more wierd. Plastic Ore was created, and Unprocessed Foam was changed to be a stone layer, with Plastic Ore as large clusters.
Smelting Plastic Ore into Plastic Bars, making weapons and plastic 'nerf guns' (modded crossbows) and 'nerf bullets' (also foam).

You start to ask yourself some questions when you succesfully kill a goblin siege with your dwarves using nerf guns and plastic weaponry and armour.
Raptor's CivMod, Mithril and Dark Elves and Alchemy, oh my!
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where severe necrosis leading to exploding limbs is "awesome."

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 06, 2012, 09:09:07 am »

Possibly THE most stupid, pointless, idiotic waste of time I have ever modded into DF is: The Plastic Mod

You smelt the Unprocessed Foam (an ore, found in veins in any stone) into foam logs, which can then be used to forge training swords. I also found out that elves decided to make all their weapons out of foam at one point, which quickly became another training regime: A single novice swordsdwarf with nothing but a wolf leather loincloth, a steel shield, a steel helmet and a steel shortsword took on an entire siege... by himself... and won.

Then, it just got more and more wierd. Plastic Ore was created, and Unprocessed Foam was changed to be a stone layer, with Plastic Ore as large clusters.
Smelting Plastic Ore into Plastic Bars, making weapons and plastic 'nerf guns' (modded crossbows) and 'nerf bullets' (also foam).

You start to ask yourself some questions when you succesfully kill a goblin siege with your dwarves using nerf guns and plastic weaponry and armour.

That's not pointless. That's freaking awesome. That's S.L.A.D.E-worthy material. Could you post the raws, assuming you still have them?

Raptor_a22

• Bay Watcher
  • [DERP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 06, 2012, 06:52:35 pm »

I did some quick digging round and found some remnants

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is all I have though, but I knew I used PVC for the values of Plastic. Its fairly easy to get the foam working as a training weapon material, all you have to do is have the foam 'ore' not actually listed as an ore in the raws, and have a custom reaction that converts it into foam logs. (This can result in some fairly wierd things happening though, like your craftsdwarf making unprocessed foam crafts when ordered to use rock. Not that this wasnt wierd enough to begin with)
Raptor's CivMod, Mithril and Dark Elves and Alchemy, oh my!
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where severe necrosis leading to exploding limbs is "awesome."

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 10, 2012, 08:23:44 am »

Plastic? To make plastic cups? BRILLIANT! Its exactly what I need to hold my fluffy wambler pudding! Then I can export it to the WORLD and make buy so many exotic creatures and weapons, allowing my forts to defend themselves more easily.

Of course, vermin tags need to be removed, domestication related tags added, etc...

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 10, 2012, 11:01:51 am »

Plastics isn't a pointless mod. My version way back when was about using rubber (from rubber trees and all kinds of fungi) and some coal to magically make plastics. Yours is better than what I could think of.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 10, 2012, 01:47:32 pm »

... did I just see code for a plastic anvil?

I'm not sure if it's weird, but my current project is anatomically correct grazing snails. I'm not sure why but it really bugs me that there are no snails in the cavern layers.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 10, 2012, 03:18:17 pm »

and now there need to be giant snails in the caverns.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

wqaopl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 10, 2012, 04:48:13 pm »

im currently experimenting with a colossus race where magma colossus give birth to varying types colossus including adamantine colossus. i havent worked out how to get there wounds to heal yet  =s

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #385 on: January 10, 2012, 05:01:17 pm »

im currently experimenting with a colossus race where magma colossus give birth to varying types colossus including adamantine colossus. i havent worked out how to get there wounds to heal yet  =s
It's all in the Tissue by friend.
Make sure the tissue template (or custom in creature defined tissue) has:
[STRUCTURAL] - gives structure (grasp and stance BP's  with this tissue that are broken will lose function)
[HEALING_RATE:xxxx] - lower is faster healing (1 would be almost instant heal)
and does not have:
[SETTABLE] -  If broken will require setting (or traction if overlapping fractures) to heal
[SPLINTABLE] - Can be splinted/casted (if broken will require these before healing)

Also Question what does the [CONNECTS] tag do? Since I have no idea I always throw it into my tissues just to be safe.

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 10, 2012, 05:03:44 pm »

The Bronze Colossus tissue:

Then add this at the end of the raws:

[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:BRONZE]
[TL_HEALING_RATE:1]

Or for Adamantine Colossus:

EDIT - There are other ways to do this, but on my mod, this is what I use.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #387 on: January 10, 2012, 05:21:13 pm »

The Bronze Colossus tissue:

Then add this at the end of the raws:

[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:BRONZE]
[TL_HEALING_RATE:1]

Or for Adamantine Colossus:

EDIT - There are other ways to do this, but on my mod, this is what I use.
Acually you can drop [HEALING_RATE:1] into the TISSUE declare process and skip the SELECT_TISSUE step

wqaopl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 10, 2012, 05:40:37 pm »

This is what i curenty have but there are some problems with the cast name not showing and immigrants haveing no name  at all.  =(

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 12, 2012, 08:12:10 pm »

After watching the latest Spoony Experiment Counter Monkey video, I just had to mod in the manure golems with their full, detailed backstory. Killing them is also the only way to obtain shit, making it the rarest stonelike-substance in the world.

I also made raws for the double club, but I don't know what civilization would be most fitting to use it.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 56