Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Airfail the Fortress of Tragedy (Succesion Fort, NEEDS OVERSEER)  (Read 18519 times)

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
Re: Airfail the Fortress of Tragedy (Succesion Fort, NEEDS OVERSEER)
« Reply #150 on: April 06, 2011, 02:08:29 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So, what can we see?

Stolen and reconstructed bridge.
On right pummelled and slashed stranglers.
On top frogs and masterwork copper bolts.
On left 2 idiots.
Nightwing bowmans not pictured.

Note: dead elephants, burned grass, dead tigerthings, corpses in moat, dead stranglers, dead ettins. And corpses.

EDIT: T siege arrived.
EDIT: and goblin ambush
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 03:51:45 am by Kogut »
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Edosurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 06, 2011, 02:47:06 am »

can I get in on this game? I take it this is version 31.25.
So now all we've got to do is to put a couple of grannies into the LHC and smash them against each other at relativistic speeds. Lather, rinse, repeat until we got results.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 06, 2011, 02:47:49 am »

Finally I managed to order retreat (why there is no retreat order?)

An yes, it is .25
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 06, 2011, 04:20:24 pm »

The High Tombs are place of battle between dwarves and Warfolves on Giant Eagles. No screens due to terrible interface.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 06, 2011, 05:22:45 pm »

We're all going to die.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 07, 2011, 02:10:44 am »

In other words:
  • time: 2,25 year (sorry for mistake, but at least I finished The High Tombs)
  • population 82
  • -1 bridge
  • +1 kiloproject
  • fortress is now constructed from 5184 stone blocks and 146 metal bars.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:14:04 am by Kogut »

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 07, 2011, 02:19:13 am »

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4142
Info: We have siege, interior of The High Tombs is still TODO (together with removing scaffolding and placing statues on top [stairs are under contruction] )
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:21:54 am by Kogut »

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 07, 2011, 03:31:50 am »

Random notes from the new OVERSEER:
-we must create better place for our dead heroes! Now there are buried in sand pits! [done, coffins NOT moved]
-our food is stored without any protection [better, more efficient food management done, I think we should move also butchers]
-why we have smelter? Ordinary, now useless smelter? [removed]
-our forges, furnaces are so cluttered [cluttered again]
-we should make more soap [I did nothing to fix it]
-our best metal-crafter is producing stone blocks [fixed, now he is named Kogut]
-we have 3 miners and no mining jobs - so Rigoth Sarveshfeb, talented cook changed job from awful mining to his favourite cooking. [done]
- fort is not protected from fliers [fliers are wimpy when confronted with 50+ crossbows. Even Ohmygodwargianteagleswearealldead are harmless.]

Ilikor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 07, 2011, 02:13:11 pm »

I will take the save when I'm home.<<

me eyes are burning from the ascii, but the images are getting burned in my retine and into my brain and I will play this sucession!

19th felsite, 132, first report from the new overseer Ilikor.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 06:05:38 pm by Ilikor »

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 09, 2011, 10:51:36 pm »

I shall now redirect your attention to this thread.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Edosurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 09, 2011, 11:12:36 pm »

I shall now redirect your attention to this thread.

ya, thx. can each update be on a new thread, so that we get a message and know that it's been posted. I would never have looked here.
So now all we've got to do is to put a couple of grannies into the LHC and smash them against each other at relativistic speeds. Lather, rinse, repeat until we got results.

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 10, 2011, 08:51:53 am »

Any news ? If you need help with modding the save to use a graphics set, don't be afraid to ask.

Ilikor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 10, 2011, 08:48:54 pm »

VICTORY, the two imps ambushes have been killed, the tigerman siege is dead and the furies are all dead. A couple of guys went to see the hospitals and the great skills of our medical team saved them all.

The miners have been sent to mine galena out of the mines. A bridge is now across the river with a lever ready to close it. The entrance have been changed to take a curve to protect the inside of the fortress from the fire of the imps. I've opened some space to see the magma, and also to throw the garbage in there, even if the stench is far worst underground, the carrion and flies are annoying even aboveground.

I ordered the manager to tell workers to produce a lot of silver bolts and to smelt a lot of galena, I've also asked for several lead bin and lead barrel.

Nobody died yet, but I'm not very far into my turn... the week-end was spent far from a computer. I have a lot of spare time this week, so my year will be finished before the deadline.

Ilikor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 12, 2011, 03:40:18 pm »

I've finished my turn, I'll upload the save to the DFFD today. Here's a little resume of what happened during my turn.

A first siege arrived during summer, composed of 3 squad of nightwing, 3 squad of furies, 3 squad of elephant, 2 squad of Warwolves, 2 squad of nagas,  3 squad of tigermen, 3 squad of strangler. all arrived during the same week.

The nightwings and furies never came close to the fort, they simply stood still were they entered and that was my luck. I closed the bridge and the markdorf shot them to death.
I worked on the wall, made them all around the second floor and I've put some fort North of the fort, I've managed some kind of markdwarf spot in the north-west of the fort. I've put some fortification on the third floor east of the fortress, to be able to shoot the guys that arrive from there. I've make stockpiles for furniture and we have a HUGE amount of furniture.

During a sortie to clean up a bit, 3 imp ambushes killed 4 guys, burning them to death before getting turned into pincushion. I've put a pump to feed itself from the pumpstack to try to do something with magma. I flooded a bit of the map with magma, killed nobody but.. well there's magma right next to the fort. :)

Then another siege arrived, tigerman, warwolf, all went ok. Then I started to go outside a bit to dig something, and frogmen arrived, I decided to let the military go out and have some fun. I lost several marksdwarf during that fight. :(

No megabeast or titan came to the fort during my stay.

The fortress attracted no migrants during my stay as overseer. So I leave the fortress with less dwarves than it had at first, 69 dwarves left at the end and nothing extremely great accomplished.

here is the save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4206

Edosurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 12, 2011, 07:59:14 pm »

I'm going to the SF Giants game today (WOOT!) and I'll start tomorrow... hopefully.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12