Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Airfail the Fortress of Tragedy (Succesion Fort, NEEDS OVERSEER)  (Read 18508 times)

Edosurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Airfail the Fortress of Tragedy (Succesion Fort, NEEDS OVERSEER)
« Reply #165 on: April 13, 2011, 04:26:00 pm »

Not much worth picturing has happened yet, but I will once something does.

SPRING 133:
There's a frogwoman spearman in the trench outside of the moat. He keeps canceling random jobs, and is really starting to get annoying. I can't get the marksdorf squad to do anything about him, so I am going to try and fill it with magma. SOMEBODY TELL ME IF THERE'S A GOOD REASON NOT TO!!!

The first death is a child trying to remove some floors hanging out from the towers. Oddly enough, right before he dies, I get the warning "Urist McChild cancels remove construction:too injured" Yet, his head lies two tiles from where he lay. I wanted to put some more tombs ontop of the rooms, but oh well. Soon after, someone gives birth to a baby.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to find anything around here. I just now found the bedrooms, including the appartment complex (or whatever you want to call it) with two floors packed full of beds. WTF!!! It is impossible to navigate around here. The caverns are completely blocked off (3 guests are waiting there).

All the water and magma pumping, windmill action, plus splatter of blood everywhere has taken an extreme toll on my framerate. I've been playing for a very boring 1.5 hours, and it's still early friggin spring!!!
 -5 minutes later-
It's only been 3 dwarven days <sighs> I'm not sure I'm willing to sit here for another 18 hours, watching little things flash at about one frame every ten seconds.

here's the link: ... never mind. Dwarf Fortress crashed because of its extreme lagginess

Sorry I never really took my turn.
So now all we've got to do is to put a couple of grannies into the LHC and smash them against each other at relativistic speeds. Lather, rinse, repeat until we got results.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 13, 2011, 04:35:31 pm »

Since we are now out of players I may take a turn while we wait for a new overseer.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Ilikor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 13, 2011, 06:14:21 pm »

Haha, I must say that Airfail was the fortress which raped the most my FPS... But it was fun, I never actually bothered to find where everything was. XD

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 26, 2011, 12:46:47 pm »

Taking save, Downloading new Dwarf fortress.

Playing for great justice.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 27, 2011, 04:01:55 pm »

FPS shields holding at 25.

"What in Armok's Name?! Not only have I become elected back to the position of leader after my long stint in the mines but everything has changed! The fields carefully built and tended during my term? Gone! Our meals are growing scarce though we have enough alcohol to last a lifetime...

No wait, there are some tiny fields but they're growing... Longland grass, blade weed, and rat weed?

Needless to say i told them to produce more sensible foods until we were back on our feet food wise.

THERE ARE DOZENS OF YOU DOING NOTHING, TAKE THE DAMN FOOD FROM THE FARMS TO THE STOCKPILE!

Ah, it appears one of the previous overseers put the fear of Armok into them... More farmers have been made to cope with the new order.

Fountain of Lamneth has begun,
---
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]