Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 53

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia - The treasure awaits! [Game over!]  (Read 112589 times)

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - Who forgot to return the Book? [Day 3]
« Reply #525 on: March 13, 2011, 01:49:04 pm »

The problem is you said it was non-valid vote yourself. If you find it wrong in this situation why would you do that ? Also saying how do you feel with my reasonless vote on you is in my opinion great opening for scummy vote leaving on him. Not that akhier is'nt suspicious but that's not valid reason for voting.

Akhier: So what's your guess on what happened to book tonight? You seem changing your opinion pretty frequently. Also please don't go too deep into wifom, i want to hear simple thought.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 13, 2011, 04:54:06 pm »

The problem is you said it was non-valid vote yourself. If you find it wrong in this situation why would you do that ? Also saying how do you feel with my reasonless vote on you is in my opinion great opening for scummy vote leaving on him. Not that akhier is'nt suspicious but that's not valid reason for voting.

Akhier: So what's your guess on what happened to book tonight? You seem changing your opinion pretty frequently. Also please don't go too deep into wifom, i want to hear simple thought.

As I said, it was a non-valid PRESSURE VOTE.

During his reaction, I thought he showed scumminess, so I kept my vote on him. WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 13, 2011, 05:51:06 pm »

During his reaction, I thought he showed scumminess, so I kept my vote on him. WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?
Super. Why haven't we killed him already?

Because I'm town.

Jokerman: Why are you voting me without reason?

OMGUS, just sayin'

How is it an OMGUS? I FoS'd him ecause he acted scummy, by random voting.
As you yourself have claimed earlier, OMGUSing someone when they're actually scummy isn't really an OMGUS. Since you admit your reason for voting him was nonexistent, it makes perfect sense for him to OMGUS you back, and thus isn't a scumtell.

Hence, you're bandwagoning using a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #528 on: March 13, 2011, 05:54:10 pm »

I have not been changing my guess about what happened to book. He was phased out for the day somehow. Anything else is just guessing until someone says they did it.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #529 on: March 13, 2011, 07:57:50 pm »

Been away this weekend (obviously).

I'll have a nice solid post up in the next few hours or tomorrow morning.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - The Hall of the Gold Dragon King [Day 1]
« Reply #530 on: March 14, 2011, 09:04:56 am »

Vote Count:

Darvi:
Org: IronyOwl, JanusTwoface
Tyberix:
Akhier the Dragon hearted: Darvi, Ottofar, Supercharazad
Ottofar:
JanusTwoface:
Supercharazad: Akhier the Dragon hearted
IronyOwl:
Jokerman-EXE:

Not Voting: Org, Jokerman-EXE, Tyberix

Day 3 will last until 11 PM EST on Tuesday, 3/15
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 14, 2011, 11:22:33 am »

Because I'm town.

OMGUS, just sayin'

As you yourself have claimed earlier, OMGUSing someone when they're actually scummy isn't really an OMGUS. Since you admit your reason for voting him was nonexistent, it makes perfect sense for him to OMGUS you back, and thus isn't a scumtell.

Actully, in that case, it was simply a random vote by Jokerman, as he did not even ask a question with it, other than why don't we lynch me.

Currently, I see Akhierr as scummy and voted him, and that's what really counts, not which type of vote is started off as.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 14, 2011, 12:18:37 pm »

If that's the case then why did you claim it was a random vote? You can't just go back and change your story. Super.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 14, 2011, 12:39:02 pm »

If that's the case then why did you claim it was a random vote? You can't just go back and change your story. Super.

Because, I mistook RVS for Pressure Vote.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 14, 2011, 02:33:54 pm »

Oh, right. Someone flamed me. Does anyone want to claim that?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #535 on: March 14, 2011, 02:40:14 pm »

Alright, I suppose I failed at getting some information out of you.

Anyways, Unvote.

Akhier: Your feelings on being voted by three people? What are your scumpicks?
   Well honestly it is my fault for not paying attention
oh one of the rapid revote with no good reason!
   Super, What is your reason for
voting me? You give none so all I see is a bandwagon
from here.

I pressure voted you.

What's with the OMGUS on an obvious pressure vote?
   I am sorry no it was not obvious.
Pressure vote? Why would you put a pressure vote on someone that says, "How do you feel now that this many people are voting for you?" That's not right.

Explain.

I asked for his scumpicks, and I was also looking for his reaction. He voted me (OMGUS), and failed to answer one of my questions, thereby turning my vote into a valid vote with reasons.

He failed to answer a question, he OMGUSd me, there's nobody as suspicious as him in my eyes yet, he's my current vote. Simple as that.

That's pretty circular reasoning here, you voted him without reason practically calling bandwagon and he voted you for that so your vote is now valid ? If i vote you now for something you could do in the future would that be logical ?

I pressure voted him, to see his reaction, and to make sure my question was answered.

Then his reaction showed scumminess, so I decided to keep my vote there, what's wrong with that?
   I answered who my scum pick is by voting you, I am sorry if you mistake voting for someone as not thinking they are scum.

Why do you think I am scummy? How can a non-valid pressure vote be enough to go on? You asked what it felt like to have you jump on the bandwagon and who I thought was scum so I said it was partly my fault for not paying attention and voted YOU. Also it is hard to understand you when you have not actually explained anything about why you think I am scummy.

Because I'm town.

OMGUS, just sayin'

Actully, in that case, it was simply a random vote by Jokerman, as he did not even ask a question with it, other than why don't we lynch me.

Currently, I see Akhierr as scummy and voted him, and that's what really counts, not which type of vote is started off as.
   So you had already seen me as scummy or something? Why do you think I am scummy?
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 14, 2011, 04:20:42 pm »

This is begginning to annoy me.

I pressure voted you, I asked you a question, you OMGUSd me, you didn't answer my question, I'm keeping my vote on you.

It's simple. Why can't anyone see this?

I think you are scummy because:

A: You OMGUSd me.
B: You failed to answer a question. (I asked for your scum PICKS, as in, a list, not an OMGUS vote that you THINK answers it)

As I have no other leads, the vote stays.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #537 on: March 14, 2011, 04:27:36 pm »

Does it count as morning if you don't get up until after noon?  Anyways:

Here are all of the claimed / confirmed roles and night actions that I found. Let me know if I missed any claims. It's less helpful about figuring out why there wasn't a kill (already a bunch of Roleblocks), but information is always good.

It's less problematic than it normally is because the items are contantly changing. I'm going to go ahead and claim (did in the block below).

And now my standard wall of scummy things. Went back through the thread and linked various scummy things.

Spoiler: Scummy things (click to show/hide)

Org seems off, but probably not enough to lynch him. Supercharazad seems suspicious. Book feels unusual, not sure what to think of that. Paniac/Jokerman has been far too quiet.

Overall, unvote and Vote Supercharazad.

This is begginning to annoy me.

I pressure voted you, I asked you a question, you OMGUSd me, you didn't answer my question, I'm keeping my vote on you.

It's simple. Why can't anyone see this?
Part of the reason is that you've had a bit of a problem with terminology. And it's not the first time this game that you've done something off like that and refused to admit you made a mistake.

It wouldn't necessarily be damning, except for all of the hullabaloo Day 1 with accusing me off the bat of the survival thing (which you never did back down on) or Tyberix not posting for an hour (*gasp*). Then being rather more nervous than expected throughout Day 2. All together, pretty scummy. Thus my current vote on you.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 14, 2011, 04:55:31 pm »

Oh, right. Someone flamed me. Does anyone want to claim that?
So you bandwagon Akhier, ask no questions, deliver no content, and then this is all you have to say?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 14, 2011, 05:13:55 pm »

@Janus: About that post, I honestly don't think that anybody would've NK'd Book, for the same reasons that I don't think anybody would target Joker, but more. I mean, he has been lurky and all that and has been called out on it several times. I doubt scum would let such a scapegoat alive.

@Ottofar: ... flamed? As in insulted? Huh?
Edit: Irony ninja'd me, so no further questions as they are pretty the same as his.

Either way, super really has become more suspicious than usual, what with his throwing around votes like whatnot. However since Akhier's action will take place tonight, I wouldn't want to risk losing another townie. That's why my vote stays on him.
Either he's scum and they lose a NK, or he's town, in which case the NK doesn't happen anyway and it pretty much confirms Books alognment.

Unless somebody blocked or protected somebody without telling us, of course.

Or I have committed a logical fallacy somewhere >_>
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 53