Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 53

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia - The treasure awaits! [Game over!]  (Read 112500 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - Stop the music! [Day 2] [Replacement Requested]
« Reply #420 on: March 08, 2011, 04:55:12 pm »

Also, you said I seemed scummy, but never, and here it comes, said why.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 08, 2011, 05:14:43 pm »

Because it was a general feeling, I had my reasons, but they are lost to time now, I have moved on.

Also, have you nothing better to do than tunnel me for an unexplained vote from the last day?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 08, 2011, 05:15:06 pm »

Something is engraved here on the floor.  You read: --More--

LurkerTracker®
You know you play too much Nethack when...
You try to get your dog to steal stuff for you.
You regularly take items to church, drop them on the altar, and breathe a sigh of relief when there is no black flash.

Akhier the Dragon hearted has 46 posts; the last 1 hours ago. Red text: Zrk2 Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32][33][34][35][36][37][38][39][40][41][42][43][44][45][46]
Book has 17 posts; the last 2 hours ago. Red text: Supercharazad Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17]
Darvi has 48 posts; the last 0 hours ago. Red text: Zrk Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32][33][34][35][36][37][38][39][40][41][42][43][44][45][46][47][48]
IronyOwl has 20 posts; the last 41 hours ago. Red text: Zrk2, Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20]
JanusTwoface has 29 posts; the last 2 hours ago. Red text: Book Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29]
Jokerman-EXE has 10 posts; the last 26 hours ago. Red text: Super Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10]
Org has 33 posts; the last 20 hours ago. Red text: Zrk Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32][33]
Ottofar has 15 posts; the last 4 hours ago. Red text: Zrk2 Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15]
Supercharazad has 47 posts; the last 4 hours ago. Red text: Zrk2 Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32][33][34][35][36][37][38][39][40][41][42][43][44][45][46][47]
Tyberix has 23 posts; the last 1 hours ago. Red text: Darvi Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23]
Zrk2 has 25 posts; the last 0 hours ago. Red text: Super Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25]

Mr.Person: dead, town Bard has 19 posts; the last 41 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19]
SaintDraze: dead, town Bard has 32 posts; the last 31 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32]

Moderator has 23 posts; the last 3 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23]
Nonplayer has 1 posts; the last 194 hours ago. Posts: [1]

Replacements considered: Painiac => Jokerman-EXE.
The Morgue: SaintDraze: dead, town Bard; Mr.Person: dead, town Bard.

Moderator: please prod IronyOwl. They haven't posted in over 36 hours.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 08, 2011, 06:13:39 pm »

I was voting Super because in my readthrough of D1, it seemed as though he was dropping a lot of tells. I also disliked his early attitude immensely and sort of wanted him gone just for that. Now, however, I have found someone else.

Because it was a general feeling, I had my reasons, but they are lost to time now, I have moved on.

Also, have you nothing better to do than tunnel me for an unexplained vote from the last day?

No. This is a scum move. You do not get to say, "Oh, that was then. Things have changed so not anymore." You know what that looks like? It looks like you were making up bullshit because you knew someone was town, and then when things flip you say, "Oh no, forget about that. Here's something new!"

You don't get to place unexplained votes and then tell people not to worry about them. Unvote Super, vote Zrk2.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
BLARG IM DED

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 08, 2011, 06:28:03 pm »

Bah, has it really been two days? I've been having trouble focusing on this game, so apologies for that.

Super. Why haven't we killed him already?
Please elaborate. Specifically, you seem to be saying you're fine with killing him right now, without further discussion. And by "right now" I mean "yesterday."

Both: Current scumpicks, read of the other, and you take on a final verdict over yesterday's disagreement would be welcome.
No strong scumpicks. Yes, I realize that's a rather serious problem.

I just don't feel like going after Akhier anymore, which either means I think he's town or I can't get any effort at all on this game. I assume it's the former, but if it's the latter it should correct itself as soon as I get myself together.

Final verdict, then, is that he's inexperienced town, and therefore panicked and made up an excuse after the fact to avoid looking scummy/letting scum go, and then kept on either misunderstanding or obfuscating for the same reason.

I do have one peculiar suspicion, however:
All of these are directed at me, in some way or another. Why? "because he seems flaky" is not a reason.
Book: I am undecided, but I have a feeling he is scum. (As explained before, I have a feeling about him)
So, Super, lack of reasons are good enough for you to suspect me, but not good enough for him to suspect you?
The fact that you specifically brought up yourself seems funny somehow. It's certainly a justified example, but it still feels off.

There's also the fact that all of your scumpicks are rather... easy. It's hard to fault you for finding Super or Org scummy, but you're not exactly being adventurous here- you've got three bandwagon magnets as your scumpicks. Do you not have an opinion on anyone else, or do you find them relatively townlike? How convinced are you that Super isn't just being a noob?

In the least if he was scum he would have others to tell him what it actually does.
Not necessarily. I've seen clueless scum before (KM4: where scumchat was basically all evil laughing, until I decided to lynch Jack. Then it was all "Oh fuck").
Darvi is correct. Sorcerer's Apprentice III had a particularly heinous example of scum doing something their teammates would never have allowed if they had a say in it. While it's worth keeping in mind, it's by no means guaranteed that more experienced scum will be able or willing to put a cap on the worst scumtells.

You said he was "very" scummy, but now can't even remember why? Have you also forgotten why Super was scummy?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 08, 2011, 07:15:05 pm »

No strong scumpicks. Yes, I realize that's a rather serious problem. [...] which either means I think [Akhier] is town or I can't get any effort at all on this game. I assume it's the former, but if it's the latter it should correct itself as soon as I get myself together.
Lazy, lazy hunting does not become you (by which I mean depth, rather than frequency). What are your thoughts about Janus calling me out for inactivity, my pointing out his is at least equal, and yours not being much better? How do they differ from each other? Is an "experienced/active" player being lurky/busy/lazy a problem, a tell, a circumstance, or something else? Is lazy scummier than busy or vice versa? What should be done about this?

I do have one peculiar suspicion, however:
All of these are directed at me, in some way or another. Why? "because he seems flaky" is not a reason.
Book: I am undecided, but I have a feeling he is scum. (As explained before, I have a feeling about him)
So, Super, lack of reasons are good enough for you to suspect me, but not good enough for him to suspect you?
The fact that you specifically brought up yourself seems funny somehow. It's certainly a justified example, but it still feels off.
There's also the fact that all of your scumpicks are rather... easy. It's hard to fault you for finding Super or Org scummy, but you're not exactly being adventurous here- you've got three bandwagon magnets as your scumpicks. Do you not have an opinion on anyone else, or do you find them relatively townlike? How convinced are you that Super isn't just being a noob?
"Easy" is a relative term. I agree Super is a lame duck, regardless of his alignment. I'm not sure whether he's town or scum mostly because he'd play just as badly as either... his reasons are crap, and I asked questions about them. He must answer those questions to my satisfaction before I remove my vote (barring external factors like a bigger target or day end/tie approaching). For the others, Zrk2 I think is legitimately scummy, and Ottofar is worse than usual. Other than that, I find Janus's calling me out again for being just as active as him a possible attempt at a screen: "If I vote him for doing what I'm doing, I'm safe of others seeing me as suspicious" kinda thing. I'm also still doubtful whether your/Akhier's skirmish was staged or not.

While I agree I'm targetting several newbies, I can't help we've got a lot of them (and indeed, for the forum at large it's a great thing [OOC: Glad to have you, newbies! Invite your pals!])... but if I find them scummy, I gotta vote them, yes? But they're not all I find suspicious.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 08, 2011, 08:24:57 pm »

You said he was "very" scummy, but now can't even remember why? Have you also forgotten why Super was scummy?

Mostly because I had two tests (sorry, no midterms) to study for, as well as lots of other stuff going on and so I have been a little distracted, resulting in my crummy play in this game. (I think I'm getting back on track in WWYDT) No excuse, but y'know, the reasons are there.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #427 on: March 08, 2011, 11:05:35 pm »

Can't shake my feeling of Book, but my vote's not doing any good there. unvote.

Quote from: Jokerman-EXE link=topic=78265.msg2056940#msg2056940
date=1299626019
I was voting Super because in my readthrough of D1, it seemed as though he was dropping a lot of tells. I also disliked his early attitude immensely and sort of wanted him gone just for that. Now, however, I have found someone else.
Then why didn't you say that then?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 08, 2011, 11:56:30 pm »

I wasn't too sure of it myself. I was sort of giving him the benefit of the doubt on that one, but it's more consistent now that we've made it to D2. I still have other suspicions, but I'm curious to see how he responds to being prodded.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
BLARG IM DED

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - The Hall of the Gold Dragon King [Day 1]
« Reply #429 on: March 09, 2011, 08:59:59 am »

Vote Count:

Darvi: Tyberix
Org:
Tyberix:
Akhier the Dragon hearted:
Ottofar:
JanusTwoface:
Supercharazad: Zrk2, Book
Book: 
IronyOwl:
Jokerman-EXE:
Zrk2: Supercharazad, Akhier the Dragon hearted, Darvi, Ottofar, Org, Jokerman-EXE

Not Voting: IronyOwl, JanusTwoface

Day 2 ends 11 PM EST, Wednesday 3/9, in ~14 hours.

Reminder:  Please PM me before day end if you want to check the public pool (or steal from a player if you're a thief) instead of questing.

Supercharazad has requested a replacement.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #430 on: March 09, 2011, 12:05:10 pm »

Zrk2: Supercharazad, Akhier the Dragon hearted, Darvi, Ottofar, Org, Jokerman-EXE
This many votes makes me think that he's not likely scum. Or being bussed, but that's not terribly helpful with so many people voting...

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 09, 2011, 02:48:35 pm »

I had stuff today. Was meaning to post, but yeah.
I'm going to a sports camp over the weekend. Expect only PFP's then.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 09, 2011, 03:29:05 pm »

Desperate attempt to prove my townieness:

I am a warrior.

I allowed the mod to choose my role and got a better item for it.

I got the Wand of Roleblock, but it was stolen by a thief before I could use it.

I now have a Scroll of Treasure.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 09, 2011, 03:38:47 pm »

This many votes makes me think that he's not likely scum. Or being bussed, but that's not terribly helpful with so many people voting...

So, you're concerned about a wagon on him again? Without even mentioning the reasons people think he's scummy?

...where have seen that before? Oh yeah, when you advocated lynching a townie instead, yes.

If Zrk2 flips scum, I know exactly who the next target should be: Janus.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #434 on: March 09, 2011, 04:08:09 pm »

Desperate attempt to prove my townieness:

I am a warrior.

I allowed the mod to choose my role and got a better item for it.

I got the Wand of Roleblock, but it was stolen by a thief before I could use it.

I now have a Scroll of Treasure.
You're missing a piece here. If a Thief stole your treasure then you couldn't have used that last night. If you just got a Scroll of Treasure while questing, that would have been your night action, in which case you would no longer have it.

So if you're going to claim, you might as well do it fully.

So, you're concerned about a wagon on him again? Without even mentioning the reasons people think he's scummy?
Yup. I am concerned. Do you think him so scummy that the idea is impossible? I don't.

...where have seen that before? Oh yeah, when you advocated lynching a townie instead, yes.
Also in Bastard Paranormal. When the same thing happened to me. Guess how I turned out that time... (Hint if people don't want to look it up: I was town).

And yes, I recall that you won as scum that time Book. Point still stands.

If Zrk2 flips scum, I know exactly who the next target should be: Janus.
Which looks exactly like what it is. You trying to set up tomorrow's lynch. We can deal with that tomorrow though.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 53