Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 53

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia - The treasure awaits! [Game over!]  (Read 112616 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - The Hall of the Gold Dragon King [Day 1]
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2011, 10:32:34 am »

Bloody hell, am I just a vote target wherever I go?

Every game, I'm town, every game but one, I'm lynched D1.

Darvi: Do you have any other reasons for voting me? Other than just saying, "your reasons are bad, DIE!"

Janus said he didn't want to die, only scum should care about survival.
This. This is sooo stupid. Town should care for their survival too.
Examples! Yay.
Townie with an Artifact weapons: "No I kinda want to survive"
Others:"oh man total scum he wan 2 sovive"
Townie again:"What"

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2011, 10:56:54 am »

Ugh, replace me.

I'm terrible at this game.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2011, 10:58:31 am »

Supercharazad, if you keep giving up like this you will NEVER get any better at the game.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2011, 11:05:06 am »

Supercharazad, if you keep giving up like this you will NEVER get any better at the game.

The problem is that when I actually try, it's always a D1 lynch. I'll play until I get replaced.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2011, 11:08:16 am »

It's the way you play. Voting for people without putting much thought into why and then claiming that other people do exactly that is stupid and/or scummy.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2011, 12:20:22 pm »

Supercharazad stuff first. Everything else in the next post.

Janus: If you are town, then survival shouldn't matter, only the death of mafia, but mafia are MUCH more afraid of death as it hurts their chances of winning.
Why do you care so much about survival?
Three points:
- As pointed out, I was responding to being a SK. Of course I would want to survive as a SK.
- "Only scum care about survival" is patently false. *Everyone* cares about survival to some degree. If you read my previous games, you will find that I'm probably more interested in surviving than I strictly should be (particularly in the early game). Dying D1/N1 is no fun.
- You yourself care about survival. See here where you seem awfully perturbed about dying D1.

Does this mean that you yourself are scum?

Woah that went fast, reading now answers/anything else in a moment.

It's been over an hour.

Care to explain why reading the thread takes an hour, Tyberix?
Promising to deliver more later and then not delivering *is* a relatively common scum tactic, yes. But give them *at least* 24 hours. Particularly during the weekends and particularly when there's been quite a lot of posts already.

It looks worse for you, because at least he promised (and then delievered) reading the thread. So far as I can tell, you haven't. Your initial point was a reponse to the last post (at the time) and you haven't answered the at least one question posed of you before that.

Abd triple posts (like you had here), look like you're jumpy.

In fact, you're more scummy than Janus right now, so:

Unvote
Vote Tyberix
FoS Janus
That was a really quick vote jump. Take a deep breath and think a bit before posting. You'll look less scummy.

YOU are scummy because you said you were reading the thread, and an hour leter, there was nothing, and the post stating you were going to post soon was useless. 
You are also OMGUSing me, and my previous post was so as I didn't have to edit, because people can have second thoughts.
Yes, that was essentially a literal OMGUS. Once again, OMGUS is not automatically a scumtell. Certain peopole do it all the time as scum, but others do it as town or scum. Depends on how volitile they are.

Ugh, replace me.

I'm terrible at this game.
Everyone learns. Stick around and see what you can do.

So far as I've seen so far, these are the scummy things you've done:
- Read into scumtells that are not absolutes and tread them as absolute truth.
- Flail about wildly attacking anyone that attacks you.
- Giving up. Doesn't help either side.

Take a deep breath, calm thyself, and leave your posts for a bit before actually posting. You'll be fine.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2011, 12:27:18 pm »

JanusTwoface: What are your experiences with Org?
... Did you know that this is a potentially explosive topic when you asked it? Particularly since this is the second time someone has asked it this game. Davri did yesterday and I answered here.

... ;p ... ;p  ... ;p ... ;p ...
That's a lot of ;p's. Which immediately makes me jump to the idea that you're scum and want to keep me off guard with a lighthearted tone. Makes me think of buddying.

What was your intention with ;p's?

JanusTwoFace If you would get your hands on kill item would you kill your scumpick in case he don't get lynched ?
In the early game, yes. We have a few mislynches available to begin with. At MYLO/LYLO, probably not unless I had a confirmed reason (an item inspection) to believe it. Not worth the risk.

Mr.Person, Ottofar, and SaintDraze haven't posted yet. Granted, it's the weekend and still early in the game so there's no particular cause for alarm, but I wanted to post that to remind myself come Monday.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2011, 12:40:12 pm »

Ottofar: You've been lurky of late. Can we expect you to be active this game? Should we lynch you if you fail to live up to your reply? Give us some thoughts on how you think the class system is going to work out, and who would be the scariest scum team from those playing.

Let's see. The class system. Don't really have any thoughts on the matter. They won't probably affect the game much. Day game, at least.

Lurkiness, might happen. I hope not. Lynch is Okay, if I'm more useless than usually.

Scum: Org, for obvious reasons.
Janus with Org. I don't remember seeing those two in same scumteam, but their natural policy lynch thing might do something.
And one of Mr.P, Book, or IronyOwl, or me, for the experience. Better at avoiding scumtells.

Bit tired, alpine skied today.

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2011, 01:01:38 pm »

JanusTwoface: What are your experiences with Org?
... Did you know that this is a potentially explosive topic when you asked it? Particularly since this is the second time someone has asked it this game. Davri did yesterday and I answered here.
It wasn't the same question, but okay, answer wouldn't be that different.
Care to explain these obvious reasons? He might be somewhat unreadable for now, but he doesn't look clearly scummy for me.

Org: What do you think about Janus? And about all these often unbased attacks on you?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2011, 01:11:35 pm »

Did somebody ask a question towards me that I've missed? I feel like a yes, but I also don't feel like rereading this short thread. This is, after all, Lazytown.

@Book: Eh, I don't think I'd get my own encyclopedia entry. Sorry Book, I'm not as cool as you are. After all, you have your own book named after you. Ah ah ah.

Tyberix, what's your opinion on active lurking being scummy/not scummy and what should be done with active lurkers?

@Supercharazad: Hmm... you seem jittery. You are aware that the question Janus was answering began with "As a serial killer", right? Do you understand what that means and what Janus was referring to? If not, a serial killer is a third-party with a kill that wins if the rest of the game is dead. Dying means losing. Also, serial killers aren't town, so of course if Janus was a serial killer he'd exhibit anti-town behavior.

@Janus: I have to ask, why didn't you start this game with an Org policy lynch? What are you going to do about Org? (I'm not trying to inflame you into attacking Org, nobody even bother bringing that up).

@Org: At what point do you think a "townie with an artifact" has gone too far with their self-preservation?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2011, 01:23:45 pm »

Supercharazad 2/12 votes isn't a problem without solution,just go on without previous mistakes. Giving up isn't a good thing to do at all.

What was your intention with ;p's?
That's a bad habit i got, when i start using emotes i can't stop - i just stop noticing i write them ,using them as punctuation marks. Other thing is that most of my BM experience is mostly player-based ( i mean how others get to scumhunt or defense) and not that important when playing with others.

Org: You feel that artifacts are valuable enough to justify that ? Why ?

Fakeedit:
Tyberix, what's your opinion on active lurking being scummy/not scummy and what should be done with active lurkers?
Active Lurking = evil that should be rooted our as fast as possible, if done on purpose lurker should be the first one to attack even if just to make them talk. If they continue their agenda - lynch is justified, if not well it depends how their reaction was compared to ongoing events but anyway lurkers of any shape are scummy as hell. Another thing is that sometimes lurk - big contributing post - lurk isn't that bad of course if it covers most of the questions asked before.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2011, 02:00:15 pm »

Well that justifies my play style. Time to disappear until midnight on Monday! Doop doopie doop.

On a more serious note, alright. It's good to see another player with a hard line no lurking policy. There's way too many players that tolerate lurking, accidentally or intentionally. Would you use any inspections/kills/roleblocks/whatever item on a lurker or would you use them on another player and try to lynch the lurker?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2011, 02:04:11 pm »

I'm not giving up, I'm asking for a replacment.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2011, 02:08:41 pm »

I'm not giving up, I'm asking for a replacment.
That is basically giving up.

On a more serious note, alright. It's good to see another player with a hard line no lurking policy. There's way too many players that tolerate lurking, accidentally or intentionally. Would you use any inspections/kills/roleblocks/whatever item on a lurker or would you use them on another player and try to lynch the lurker?
Who exactly are you asking that question? Tyberix?

Wait. You think Org is scum... for being Org? Did I get that right?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2011, 02:09:56 pm »

Wait. You think Org is scum... for being Org? Did I get that right?
Wait, forget that. I misunderstood the question you answered to. My bad.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 53