Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 53

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia - The treasure awaits! [Game over!]  (Read 112403 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - Who forgot to return the Book? [Day 3]
« Reply #615 on: March 16, 2011, 08:11:48 pm »

Mmm, roleblocking people at random, sometimes without even reading the thread.

Interesting.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 16, 2011, 08:12:12 pm »

I dunno man.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 16, 2011, 10:04:53 pm »

Day over- locking thread for day end processing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - The Hall of the Gold Dragon King [Day 1]
« Reply #618 on: March 16, 2011, 10:46:57 pm »

Vote Count:

Darvi: Tyberix
Org: IronyOwl
Tyberix:
Akhier the Dragon hearted: Ottofar, Supercharazad
Ottofar:
JanusTwoface:
Supercharazad: Akhier the Dragon hearted, Jokerman-EXE, JanusTwoface, Org
IronyOwl:
Jokerman-EXE:

Not Voting: Darvi

After a long day of debate, it is decided that Supercharazard is the one that goes tonight.  Everyone grabs rocks and starts pelting him with them.  He blocks the first few, but quickly falls to the ground.  A particularly large one cracks open his skull, and he is no more.

From the collection of jewelry in his pack, it’s pretty clear that he’s a thief.  However, it’s also clear he is an innocent one.  You’ve missed again!

As the group breaks up for the night, a portal POPS open and spits Book out!  He’s none the worse for wear, except he now insists everyone call him Jim Groovester.

Shrugging, you head off for the night.  Can this mystery be solved?

Night 3 has begun!  Night 3 will last until 11 PM EST Thursday, 3/17... if I'm not too drunk to process the night.  Otherwise, it'll be the morning.

Jim Groovester has replaced Book.

Rule reminder:  If you have three or more items in your inventory, you have a chance to fail to quest (or check the public pool.)  Your chance of success is 2/N %, where N is the number of items in your inventory.  You may drop an item in addition to your night action if you wish to prevent this.  The dropped item goes in the public pool.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 11:04:00 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia - Everyone hates a thief [Night 3]
« Reply #619 on: March 17, 2011, 10:00:42 pm »

The remainder of you gather in the open area again.  Again, you are short one person- IronyOwl is not among you.  His body is quickly found, stabbed in the back three times.  From the money and wares found on his corpse, and lack of incriminating evidence you deduce that he was an innocent merchant.  Hopefully he saved a gold piece for Charon’s boat.

The eight remaining people gather in closer.  Will you be able to find any of the three murderers today?

Day 4 begins now!  Day 4 will last until 11 PM EST, Tuesday 3/22.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Roguelike Mafia - Money can't buy you protection, apparently [Day 4]
« Reply #620 on: March 17, 2011, 10:05:14 pm »

The scroll reports that the Legacy weapon is about.
Code: (Legacy Weapon) [Select]
Targeted player and everything they own disappear from the game, including artifacts. Players removed this way don't roleflip. This isn't a kill and can't be protected against.I would guess this is what happened to book.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 17, 2011, 10:18:53 pm »

You would think I would be in a position to confirm or deny that but I'm not yet.

I'm working on catching up with the game now.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #622 on: March 17, 2011, 10:20:25 pm »

The scroll reports that the Legacy weapon is about.
Code: (Legacy Weapon) [Select]
Targeted player and everything they own disappear from the game, including artifacts. Players removed this way don't roleflip. This isn't a kill and can't be protected against.I would guess this is what happened to book.
Umm... Book/Jim Groovester *is* back. They came back last night:

As the group breaks up for the night, a portal POPS open and spits Book out!  He’s none the worse for wear, except he now insists everyone call him Jim Groovester.

PPE: Ninja'd by Jim Groovester. I think that about sums that up...

I'm a little confused about IronyOwl.  I was actually leaning towards him being scum towards the end of the day yesterday because of how uninterested he's been in everything. Combined with the fact that I'd protected him yesterday with a Wand (and thus could have had another charge), I expected that the scum wouldn't have targeted him.

Sigh... rethinking things.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #623 on: March 17, 2011, 10:44:59 pm »

Sorry, I forgot that Book got replaced.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #624 on: March 17, 2011, 10:45:22 pm »

The sword is out there though.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #625 on: March 17, 2011, 10:50:45 pm »

Toaster, When you get delayed for something like oracle scroll, do you get the results from the night you where delayed or the night after?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 18, 2011, 01:01:49 am »

Toaster: Does the scroll of oracle give the number of artifacts created, or the names of them?

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 18, 2011, 02:58:14 am »

Bah!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 18, 2011, 07:51:48 am »

If you are delayed, the action itself doesn't occur until the later date.  If the Oracle Scroll was delayed, the artifact list displayed would be correct as of the end of the night the effect happened (so the latter night, not the night the user actually used the item.)

The Oracle Scroll gives a list of the names of the artifacts.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 18, 2011, 08:14:33 am »

'Kay.

Akhier, any other artifacts, then?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 53