Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: The New Web of Pages - [Hiatus]  (Read 8985 times)

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The New Web of Pages - [Winter 102 - Therleth's New Toys?]
« Reply #120 on: March 02, 2011, 11:25:50 pm »

Nigel should probably begin working on an elaborate death trap involving magma, but I'm not exactly sure what how it should be built.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2011, 11:27:15 pm »

Nigel should probably begin working on an elaborate death trap involving magma, but I'm not exactly sure what how it should be built.

I have been working on a simple project with him.  Pull a lever, fill a reservoir, pull the lever again.  Pull the next lever, which depressurizes the water, and then pull it again to seal it off.  Pull the last lever to fill our cistern.  Almost done.

I can work with water easily, but we haven't dug down deep enough for magma yet.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 03, 2011, 02:03:57 am »

Looks like I have my work cut out for me smoothing and engraving all those rooms.  I'll do some crafting in between to use up some of the vast quantity of rock that was generated carving them out though.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #123 on: March 03, 2011, 09:52:44 am »

On the next Season, Valrandir will be continuing his mining operation full-time.

"What's this, someone is smoothing my walls?"
"So shall it be! There is a limit to what I can do myself."
"However I will now instruct him with the tip of my pick comprehensively NOT to engrave anything just yet."

Valrandir will not allow any engraving in his project.
The engraver will first own his skills smoothing, and THEN, he may engrave :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 10:04:06 am by Valrandir »

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #124 on: March 03, 2011, 09:59:35 am »

Alright uhh question.  How do I move the Goblins without taking them out of their cages, or without killing the haulers?  I just want to make sure I don't mess that up.

Valrandir is still doing his mining thing, though.  Unless he doesn't mind postponing it, or Kipi tearing through it, that will have to wait for a bit.  Or we could build it above ground?  Also, they were all Hammer Goblins.

If this is going to conflict then you could seal the great hall entrance (While Valrandir is outside, not inside).
Then the doctor will help with the pit.
Then the great hall project can continue with only one miner.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #125 on: March 03, 2011, 10:01:21 am »

We have about five picks, and can make more.  The problem is Valrandir wants to make the thing by himself, and I can't tell a miner to "only go here", and another miner to "only go here" without complex burrows.

Actually, that might work.  Burrows it is.  xD

Oh yeah! Just connect his mining job, all three Zs of it, to the food/drink area and his room by one burrow and assign him to it. Assign Therleth to a burrow that covers the pit zone, her room and the food zone. Badda-bing.

Just create a borrow in the pit area and assign all miners except Valrandir.
This will ensure no disturbance in the great hall construction site, and the Doctor helps with the Pit then its fine.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 03, 2011, 10:07:08 am »

We have about five picks, and can make more.  The problem is Valrandir wants to make the thing by himself, and I can't tell a miner to "only go here", and another miner to "only go here" without complex burrows.

Oh yeah! Just connect his mining job, all three Zs of it, to the food/drink area and his room by one burrow and assign him to it. Assign Therleth to a burrow that covers the pit zone, her room and the food zone. Badda-bing.

This will ensure no disturbance in the great hall construction site, and the Doctor helps with the Pit then its fine.

Also works. Less hassle with burrows, although I think the doc wanted to work on the bedrooms and the bedrooms only. But that's a minor character thing, I guess?
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #127 on: March 03, 2011, 10:44:38 am »

Also works. Less hassle with burrows, although I think the doc wanted to work on the bedrooms and the bedrooms only. But that's a minor character thing, I guess?

What matter to Dr Val is that no other miners strike his grant hall.
And the pit construction should not take too long with 5 miners.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 03, 2011, 11:42:19 am »

Kipi and Babylon are already in Master status for engraving.  Sure, Babylon can go do some crafting stuff later.  As a note to Plisskin, we have a ton of leather due to trading and hunting, if you wanted to do anything with that.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 03, 2011, 02:28:55 pm »

Kipi and Babylon are already in Master status for engraving.  Sure, Babylon can go do some crafting stuff later.  As a note to Plisskin, we have a ton of leather due to trading and hunting, if you wanted to do anything with that.

We do?!

Okay first, the pit.

Then, the leather: have her turn it all into cloaks, hoods, backpacks and waterskins. Once we have enough to outfit a military, have her make leather robes until we've got maybe 10-15 skins left for strange moods.

Then if there's time, the pumping. Next trade caravan who aren't stick-waving poofties, she's opting for the purchase of weapons-grade metal and whatever trap components we can afford.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 02:33:37 pm by plisskin »
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #130 on: March 03, 2011, 04:26:47 pm »

We do?!

Okay first, the pit.

Then, the leather: have her turn it all into cloaks, hoods, backpacks and waterskins. Once we have enough to outfit a military, have her make leather robes until we've got maybe 10-15 skins left for strange moods.

Then if there's time, the pumping. Next trade caravan who aren't stick-waving poofties, she's opting for the purchase of weapons-grade metal and whatever trap components we can afford.

Dr Valrandir: "Euh plisskin, I don't see you catching up to me anytime soon with all this 'work' stopping you from operating that pump!"
"Besides my training plan is already in phase 02"

So plisskin, what will you do?

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 03, 2011, 05:04:08 pm »

Dr Valrandir: "Euh plisskin, I don't see you catching up to me anytime soon with all this 'work' stopping you from operating that pump!"

The doc be's trollin'.

I'm going practice my CQC on some gobbos next season, that's what I'm going to do. This season is just preparation time.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2011, 05:55:57 pm »

The doc be's trollin'.

I'm going practice my CQC on some gobbos next season, that's what I'm going to do. This season is just preparation time.

"Ahh! Disarmed gobbo punching bags!"

Valrandir goes back to mining faster, he must not fall behind.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 03, 2011, 09:28:15 pm »

Argh.  I think I have to take a break from this.  I just messed up Valrandir's Project massively, and we got a 32 migrant wave, putting us at 80 dwarves.  We just have too few players (the point was for every dwarf to have an owner...) and too few projects, resulting in everyone in the fort being married (I get spammed with CONGRATULATIONS) because they're idling all the time.  Having 50 idlers is just not natural.  Sorry.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 03, 2011, 09:39:06 pm »

Argh.  I think I have to take a break from this.  I just messed up Valrandir's Project massively, and we got a 32 migrant wave, putting us at 80 dwarves.  We just have too few players (the point was for every dwarf to have an owner...) and too few projects, resulting in everyone in the fort being married (I get spammed with CONGRATULATIONS) because they're idling all the time.  Having 50 idlers is just not natural.  Sorry.

Oh seriously? I thought the Urists were carrying out various fort tasks! Oops, well that's . . . terrible. I'd have had Therleth beat them into usefulness smoothing the whole fort, digging out crap, making a metalworking industry, etc etc.

But now they're all married and the grand housing hall is borked.

If you have a seasonal save handy I'd suggest taking that break and adding to the first post that we need as many people to sign up as possible.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10