Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: The New Web of Pages - [Hiatus]  (Read 8982 times)

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
Re: The New Web of Pages - [Autumn 102 - The Grand Housing Hall]
« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2011, 09:22:14 pm »

I did, but I should get respect anyways.  xD  I recorded doing one row, moved down, played macro.  Though I did manage to fuck it all up by starting my macro one tile too low, and had to start all over on the middle.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2011, 09:22:18 pm »

On the winter, Valrandir shall continue his mighty mining operation of doom.

"I shall keep digging, always, more, digging, all winter!"
"The project must be done!"

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2011, 09:22:50 pm »

I did, but I should get respect anyways.  xD  I recorded doing one row, moved down, played macro.  Though I did manage to fuck it all up by starting my macro one tile too low, and had to start all over on the middle.

!! < * RESPECT * > !!

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2011, 09:27:04 pm »

These are Ramps or Stairs?
If there are Ramps, then so shall it be.
It does not affect my plans.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2011, 09:34:03 pm »

Stairs.  It matches your specs exactly.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2011, 10:00:49 pm »

I love you ♥

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #111 on: March 02, 2011, 07:46:49 pm »

Fuzzy can keep doin' what he's doin'.

By the way, I find it hilariously appropriate that there (god, I'm tired. I actually put 'their' there at first :o. Yes, shocking, I know.) is a dwarven civ with a totem as their symbol.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
Re: The New Web of Pages - [Winter 102 - Therleth's New Toys?]
« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2011, 08:58:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Billybob's Memoirs
1st Moonstone

There is a dire lack of plants around here; a problem I must fix.  I grabbed the nearest Laborer and elevated her to status of Farmhand.  This has not been one of my best moves; she is very opposed to my beliefs.  Argh.  Apparently she is recently married, so unlike every other person's apprentice (which seems to be a pattern around here) there will be none of that strange romance going on.

Therleth's Log
23rd Opal

Crossbow Marmot is doing quite well.  I'm going to reassign him to military duties so that he can train for the impending threat.  Something just does not feel right...

Babylon Quarterly
28th Opal

Valrandir and his mad housing project march on.  I must respect the idea that he will do it himself, instead of relying on the labor of others, and that it is for the common man.  This place may be shit, but at least he makes it bearable.  That is, until he starts telling me to smooth his project.

Kipi jumped to it like the overactive try-hard that she is.  I'm reluctant to let a novice do the work of an expert satirist like myself.  I haven't gotten to engraving yet, but I suppose I will cross that hurdle soon enough.

Therleth's Log
13th Obsidian

I will not be outdone.

14th Obsidian

We all knew this day was coming.  Now to prove just how ready we are for it.  Charge!

Nigel and his Apprentice's cage trap line caught a goblin, and I believe it will snare a few more.  Our four squads, The Awe-Inspiring Diamonds (myself), The Geared Greennesses (Nergal), The Faint Shields (Miss) and The Tin Decency (Crossbow Marmot) head out to intercept.

Before engaging, I already caught site of not one, but four captured goblins in our cage traps.  The last objective is clear.  Fight the remainders!

...we now have four goblin prisoners.

Scruffy's Autobiography
27th Obsidian

My dear fellows, I seem to be sober.  How strange.  This is due to a chain of reaction in our processing lines, pinpointed to one source.

Our dedicated brewer has been strucken with some strange convulsions!  This is absolutely ruffling!  Woe befall this fort--

At this time, someone informed Scruffy of the reserve booze

Slobber and scribbling is wiped across the rest of the page

-- END OF WINTER 102 --

Woo, we're two years old!  And...  probably down one Brewer!  He's requesting Plant Cloth, which due to Fuzzy's dyetheworldandmakeitintomasterpiecesocks campaign, we are out of!  Pig Tail doesn't even grow in spring!  So...  uhh...  Gotta hope he holds out for a season until the Elves get here, and take some cloth from them.  Woo..  It's a Mason mood, by the by.  So, what will your dwarves do for the next season?

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 02, 2011, 09:51:59 pm »

Any of those goblins drop an iron knife? If so, equip it to Therleth post-haste. I could settle for a copper knife if it's of any quality. Not like gobbos are capable of quality goods. No knife for her.  >:( Yet.

First off, Therleth will dig a pit in a place passing dwarves won't accidentally go near. It'll be five Z-levels deep and she'll enlist a couple Urists to help if we have the spare picks. Construct like so:

X = wall
. = open
> = ramp
B = bridge anchor when raised
+ = floor

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
X . . . . . . . . . . . . . X
X>>> . . . . . . . . .  X
X+++ . . . . . . . . .  X
XB B B . . . . . . . . . X
X++++++++++++X
X++++++++++++X

So when the bridge is deployed access may be granted to the pit by connecting to the top of the ramps. In the pit itself, at the bottom, build a dividing wall that separates the bottom of the ramp from the area where prisoners will be thrown. Add a door to the wall that can be forbidden, or a floodgate with switch whichever seems better. This pit can later have magma/water systems attached to it but for now is just a hole for gobbos.

After this is completed, assuming it takes less than a season, set a garbage dump by the pit, build the prisoners' cages next to the pit and harvest dat goblinite. Toss them all in.

Any remaining time left will be spent pumping.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 08:59:25 am by plisskin »
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2011, 09:54:54 pm »

Alright uhh question.  How do I move the Goblins without taking them out of their cages, or without killing the haulers?  I just want to make sure I don't mess that up.

Valrandir is still doing his mining thing, though.  Unless he doesn't mind postponing it, or Kipi tearing through it, that will have to wait for a bit.  Or we could build it above ground?  Also, they were all Hammer Goblins.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2011, 10:03:15 pm »

EDIT: disregard this
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 10:08:03 pm by plisskin »
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 02, 2011, 10:05:00 pm »

We have about five picks, and can make more.  The problem is Valrandir wants to make the thing by himself, and I can't tell a miner to "only go here", and another miner to "only go here" without complex burrows.

Actually, that might work.  Burrows it is.  xD

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 02, 2011, 10:06:55 pm »

We have about five picks, and can make more.  The problem is Valrandir wants to make the thing by himself, and I can't tell a miner to "only go here", and another miner to "only go here" without complex burrows.

Actually, that might work.  Burrows it is.  xD

Oh yeah! Just connect his mining job, all three Zs of it, to the food/drink area and his room by one burrow and assign him to it. Assign Therleth to a burrow that covers the pit zone, her room and the food zone. Badda-bing.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 02, 2011, 10:52:13 pm »

Look through the stocks for any rope reeds, vine whips, or seeds thereof. If we don't have any, get an Urist to gather every plant on the map until we find some. Moods are to be respected.

Even above electrum, Armok forbid we ever have to make that choice.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2011, 10:54:09 pm »

Oh hey, Herbalism.  Sure.  I haven't touched above ground farming at all (I haven't been told to yet, and I don't do many things out of my own initiative in this community fort), but I can do that.  That just might save our Brewer, nice thinking.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10