Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 288

Author Topic: CvRTD: End Of The Line  (Read 199263 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 150 (Electric Apocalypse, Agile Friar)
« Reply #4095 on: February 07, 2012, 11:39:43 pm »

Taricus failed to post an action in like two weeks, so he's getting auto'd.

MAGIC

Quote from: Zathyran Firsankh / Talarion: 94 (1)
Poke the golem with my sword. If it's already dead, search the room.
Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra: 50 (8)
Just push my golden cross on it
Quote from: Pierre Dé Grasse / Krath: 1 (1)
Killsteal the Colossus! And then LOOT!
Quote from: Claire Rosara / Irony Owl: Autofirst, because Claire's the only one who would directly benefit from getting the kill (5)
Kill colossus if still alive, then loot.
Quote from: Alora Moonsilver / wolfchild: 48 (5)
Kill collosus, then search it's corpse for anything useful

Quote from: Mirror Colossus / SeriousConcentrate: 48-40
2x smash Malleus for the lulz.

SCIENCE

Quote from: Friar Greenmoore / Dwarmin: 31 (4)
Apply my acid to the locking mechanism on the cage, then bash it away it with my mace!
Quote from: Biernat Hara / Riccto: 30 (3)
Bowl through the Zombie and attempt to save CLOTHY MAN.
Quote from: Alexander Sylias / adwarf: 92 (1)
Attack the Zombie, and let Biernat move on to the Friar.

Quote from: Frenz Grende / Grimmjow6th
Stand around untill an idea comes to mind!
Quote from: Tariq al-Sayyid / Taricus
Take a deep breath of that sweet, sweet poison gas.

Quote from: Experimental Zombie / SeriousConcentrate:48
Moan with pathos. All the pathos.

Claire drew back her cutlass. (8+1 vs 5+2; 4+4 Massive Success, 2d6x2; 16 and kill, 8 health back) With a final slash to the face, the mirror construct was vanquished, glass shards exploding outwards in a shower of fine dust, leaving behind only a small amount of mirror shards. The pirate crouched and scooped them up. (Claire gets: Mirror Shards! Merchants can apply these to an armor or shield to give it a 25% chance of reflecting magic, without it counting as an upgrade level.) Seeing that their progress was no long blocked, all five decided it was a good time to take a look around. (1, 8, 6, 7, 2) Zathyran and Alora didn't find anything and instead elected to sit on the stairs up. Pierre found a black sphere among the debris; perhaps it was what had animated the golem? Regardless, he rolled it in his hand for a moment and over the back of his fingers before flicking it up in the air, catching it, and putting it away. (Pierre gets: Black Pearl! It's a trade item.) Claire grabbed one as well. Maybe they had been its eyes?

The real find, though, belonged to Malleus. Looking around, he managed to find a large weight that could be attached to the head of his warhammer. He immediately did so. (With this weight on, Malleus's warhammer deals an additional +2 to Frozen enemies rather than +1.) The party went upstairs and found a storage room... with a pagan tree (in Malleus's estimation) and a few wrapped gifts under it. Each was addressed to a party member. Zathyran picked his up first and inspected it, then shook it. It didn't rattle. After a moment, he shrugged and ripped the paper off of it, revealing... a book? Inside the front cover was a note.

Zathyran
I've been monitoring your progress carefully. I believe this will help you.
- A friend

Intrigued, he read the first few pages... then kept reading, absorbed, as everyone else opened their gifts. (Zathyran gets: Tome of Magic Conservation! Only Zathyran has enough knowledge of the arcane to use this artifact, and while he holds it, the MP cost for magic books is reduced to 1 per level.) Pierre opened his next and found a jaunty little red velvet hat, topped with a white fluffy ball and with a white furry brim around the bottom. He rather liked the feel of it. (Pierre gets: Santa Hat! While wearing this, any gift he receives from using his Charm skill is improved, much like Claire's Trophy Raider L2.) Malleus, meanwhile, find a series of spiked straps, accompanied by an illustration showing how they were to be worn. With a little assistance from Pierre, he put them on and looked at his armor, now covered in spikes. (Malleus gets: Spiked Straps! These can be worn over any armor. When an enemy successfully grapples Malleus, he gets to make a free attack using this weapon in response.)

Claire's gift was completely puzzling. It was a large box that could be turned and manipulated, revealing various slots and holes of many sizes as it was turned. Was it storage of some sort? She would just have to check it out. (Claire gets: Horadric Cube! It doesn't do anything until IO either sends me those tables or decides it should be freeform :P) Finally, Alora tore open her gift and found an amulet, carved from white crystal and in the shape of a chalice. Holding it made her feel calmer, more in control. (Alora gets: Crystal Chalice Amulet! While wearing this, Alora can stay in werewolf form without expending MP.)

In the tower of Science, Alexander drew his claymore and attacked the zombie! (6 vs 6 (8 vs 8 ( 5 vs 7))) But the zombie ducked the blow, and just moaned pitifully. (EZ loses 1 HP) In the cage, Greenmoore poured the acid on the lock and gave it a few seconds to work before smashing the lock. (3+1 Acid) He couldn't quite manage to break the lock. Biernat made his way over and lifted a foot. (Stand back, holy man," he said before launching a kick. (5+2 Strength +1 Acid) He smashed the door open, and Greenmoore got out, aided by the giant. But unfortunately, as Greenmoore got to his feet, they heard the sound of many locks disengaging. That... wasn't good. (Next round, Mechanical Zombie Horde joins the battle!)

Tariq took a nice, deep breath. (-2 HP this round.) Yep. That was definitely poisonous gas in the air. Frenz, meanwhile, sat and thought about matters. (-1 HP. 8) He wasn't certain about anything, but he was sure he could rule out the eastern wall with the demon mouths entirely. The answer had to lie in one of the other murals. If he had this place pegged right, the other two demon mouths would have the same result.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Both Ahra and IronyOwl get their 40th 8 skill this turn. ^^^ Also adwarf gets one for his third 8 (and he should have gotten one for two in a row earlier, but if he didn't choose HP/MP increase I forgot to mention it ^^^;).
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 12:30:03 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD: Turn 151 (More Presents; Fun with Poison Gas)
« Reply #4096 on: February 08, 2012, 12:06:00 am »

Alora stared at the amulet I wonder who this belonged to, it seems familiar. Did my teacher atempt to thwart Dracula?

She put it on, then lead the way up the stairs
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: February 08, 2012, 01:20:58 am »

Also, worked on the templates a bit. I can't figure out how to work them into the quotebox, though. It always ends up in a broken link. I tried copying the format for quoting a post but it doesn't seem to work that way.

Quote from: Malleus Raulat / Ahra link=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/59151152/CVRTD/Ahra.rtf
Standard text.

That's what happens when I try it. Anyway know how to fix that? :\

In any case, here's the above address as an actual link. Maybe I'll just have to put it in the spoilers... assuming links work in spoilers...

Tried the link, turns out it tries to download. *sigh* I'll work on this some more... If no one knows how to fix that problem (save as a txt or something? Tried that, opens but with no word wrap. :\) I guess I'll have to abandon the idea...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 01:30:47 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: February 08, 2012, 01:48:24 am »

Riiight... anyone got an freaking clue where this is from?
lets get going ya gitz

Wrath of Raphael
"The righteous wrath personified by the templar of the LORD gives his soul no rest, all enemies must be eradicated.
broken bones yield, gushing blood blod stops as the Templar delivers his last strike on this side of heaven,
Tears of blood running as paradise is laid atop his vision and spurs him to fight and die, In nomen dominus Raphael ordinem"

Kind of an boosted "You will go to afterlife with me" for 1 round
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: February 08, 2012, 01:49:58 am »

Er, in more mechanical terms, please? Sort of like, live for 1 round after losing all HP?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: February 08, 2012, 01:59:52 am »

with stat boosts preferably, and dont forget unhealable.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: February 08, 2012, 02:06:03 am »

Sounds sort of like class evo territory, which I think I told Dwarmin way back when he suggested something like that for Greenmoore? ???

If you want my suggestion, you could benefit more right now from upgrading hammerman or shield bash. ^^^ (Your defense is so ridiculous at this point that Malleus dying seems fairly unlikely for the majority of the remaining bosses. :P)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: February 08, 2012, 05:46:00 am »

shield bash it is then.
Quite fucked indeed.

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: February 08, 2012, 01:33:33 pm »

Go over and inspect the mural's "Try not to breath in too deep, eh?"
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: February 09, 2012, 12:24:06 am »

Continue onleftwards.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 01:53:35 am by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: February 09, 2012, 01:51:43 am »

o.O

(._.) d

(._.)d *thunk*

I realize I totally forgot to mention that there was supposed to be a choice of left or right for you Magic guys. Ah well, my bad...

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: February 09, 2012, 04:41:15 am »

Then alora will lead in a leftward direction, unless maleus wants to go in-front that is
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: February 09, 2012, 05:52:12 am »

front in and its malleus=hammer
                     maleus=uum dunno?
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: February 09, 2012, 06:05:22 am »

Action: Use my earth book to bend as the metal of as many cages as possible to slow down the emerging horde and keep them from escaping.

IF the above is not possible, just try to raise the stone from the walls and floor to do the same.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: February 09, 2012, 07:24:49 am »

oh maleus is actualy deamon, but it could have meant you killed demons so that's where I got it from

Do we need a rear guard, or do we put the squish people in back cause nothing could be behind us?
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 288