Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Craftsthunder, a 31.19-.21 Succession Fort [Strike the earth! Apply within.]  (Read 25028 times)

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
Re: Craftsthunder, a 31.19 Succession Fort [Strike the earth!]
« Reply #120 on: February 28, 2011, 11:15:35 pm »

It is now Luftwaffle's turn.

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
Re: Craftsthunder, a 31.19 Succession Fort [Strike the earth! Apply within.]
« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2011, 03:37:56 pm »

Has he been pm'ed? If not, feel free to take initiative and tell him. I'm not the most reliable person in terms of getting stuff done on a regular basis, after all.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #122 on: March 01, 2011, 03:59:24 pm »

Has he been pm'ed? If not, feel free to take initiative and tell him. I'm not the most reliable person in terms of getting stuff done on a regular basis, after all.

I sent a pm with the link at the same time I posted.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #123 on: March 03, 2011, 09:11:44 am »

Bumping this back to the top.

Who would like to take his turn now?

Ale Explosion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 03, 2011, 10:29:47 am »

I'll give him one more day to start before jumping in.

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #125 on: March 05, 2011, 02:12:56 pm »

I've taken the liberty of updating the rules and guidelines, and I think I'm going to send Luftwaffle a reminder as well. Never mind, I just reread his most recent post. I'll let Ale Explosion know he can start whenever he wants, as long as it's soon. Hopefully we will be able to avoid this sort of situation in the future.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 02:15:30 pm by EvilFuzzy9 »

Ale Explosion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2011, 04:25:11 pm »

Alrighty, I should be able to get into the action this afternoon and/or tomorrow (hooray for long weekends).

I take it that there aren't any particular requests for mini-projects?

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 05, 2011, 08:47:19 pm »

Agatharchides: Carpenter mandates that his quarters be paved in platinum.  ;D

Nah, it's your game, run wild with it.

EDIT: Are we going to upgrade to .20? It seems most of it is bugfixes which AFAIK should carry over.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 10:54:51 am by agatharchides »
Memento Mori

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2011, 11:50:02 am »

So with the .20 release, is the fortress migrating or not?

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 06, 2011, 12:24:10 pm »

Whoah, .20 has already been released? Huh. ??? What sort of changes and bugfixes were made?

But yeah, if it's compatible, then update the save to the new version.

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 06, 2011, 03:41:00 pm »

There is a big link at the top of the forum listing them  ;) I assume the bugfixes will apply and the only other changes are capybaras and pandas, which probably aren't worth starting over for.
Memento Mori

Ale Explosion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2011, 09:58:21 pm »

Ok, I've downloaded the most recent version of the craftsthunder, oddly enough it seemed to be the entire game too and not just a save folder. Anyhow, I've loaded it up, it works, and I'll probably do updates at the rate of 1 season per day.

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 06, 2011, 10:59:17 pm »

Yeah, that's how I got it so I passed it on that way. Don't ask me why.  :o
Memento Mori

Ale Explosion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 07, 2011, 01:23:54 am »

ooc: had some issues uploading pictures, so for now just a text update.

28 Obsidian

Well, certainly a different setup, as always is the way for succession games. Let's see, oh, there are some gobbos out front. They seem pre-wounded so that's a great chance to see if our limited military can do even easy tasks. Charge!

1 Granite

Ah, just as the lazy soldiers finally got their gear and got outside (as the two wounded gobbos were crawling slowly towards the map edge), they run smack into an ambush! Of one goblin, who jumps across the gaping chasm when dodging a trap, and seems to be running. Hah! Go forth and slay the cowards, my dwarfy comrades!

Damn, didn't catch them in time. Ah well, alert cancelled, time to do some ... hmm, I'm not sure what, let's have a proper look around.

Booze stocks are low, need to top those up. The mayor is practicing at being a noble, by wanting a better room and adamantine items, pff, he can wait his turn. Added some gem cutting tasks, for future trade needs. Got plenty of idlers so smoothing the mayors rooms to hopefully shut him up. Hmm, what we really need though is a Ale Explosion patented is a Self-Maim-o-matic, at least a small version anyhow.

4 Granite

Now the brook is flowing again and community is happily busy plundering the goblin corpses from my predecessor's campaigns. The self-maim-o-matic pit has to be a bit out of the way due to rooms dug out in lower levels, but once setup it is easy to build some walls and such to channel invaders to their doom.

20 Granite

The lazy miners seldom bother to dig a spot or two before wandering off to go on break or such, traitors! Oh, some potter has been struck by a fey mood, hopefully he makes something more useful than a flower holder. Now some migrants have shown up too. Those without useful skills are being designated as miners, masons, mechanics and architects so that my self-maim-o-matic can be continued with more speed. Oh hey, the potter claimed a magma forge! Maybe we'll actually get a usable item.

5 Slate

The migrants are toiling away at the self-maim-o-matic, and some have been found to be marksdwarves, so they're getting assigned to a new squad and lucky for them, the potter ended up making an iron crossbow. "Shriekstyled the satiny rift" is an iron crossbow glazed with rock crystal, encircled with bands of red tourmaline, and has spikes of iron, green jade, elk bird leather and rock crystal.

26 Slate

The pit, walls and bridge components of the maim-o-matic are nearly done, soon the trap laying section shall be commissioned. The doctors have complained about having no splints to immobilise limbs, fine, I've ordered some iron splints to be made, as wood is scarce and iron is more dwarfy anyhow. I've also ordered some iron chains made, for the early warning system to supplement the maim-o-matic.

1 Felsite

Waah wah wah we want food. Well go get some plants or something you slackers, I'm busy directing the construction of my masterpiece, the maim-o-matic.

16 Felsite

Alert! Tree huggers have been spotted! Lure the hippies in and then it'll be slaughter time! They can't be allowed to spread word of the maim-o-matic. All military dwarves on deck! or depot as the case may be!

19 Felsite

Success! The pointy eared gits have been dealt with, as have their pack animals. The secret of the maim-o-matic remains safe and the plunder should provide for mundane requirements to keep the whingers away from me. Thinking of the maim-o-matic, it is done except for the trap placements. While that gets done I'd best think of the next glorious utility device. Perhaps a high pressure washer?

10 Hematite

Cows don't seem to be good sensor units as farmers drag them off to get fed at times. So turkeys it is! There also seems to be some nasty beast that has emerged in the caverns, a giant hairy flat worm, with a square shell, gaunt appearance, and deadly dust. I have no idea what that dust does, but I'm going to check that it doesn't have any means of entry into the fort.

I didn't notice the season pass, autosave must be off, hmm. Anyhow, I'll continue with the saga tomorrow, hopefully with screenshots :)

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 07, 2011, 02:04:50 am »

So it seems we now have a legendary weaponsmith, armorsmith and a steel industry. Excellent.  :D

I'm a bit curious to see this Maim-o-matic, it sounds like a bigger project than any suicide device I've seen. As for other projects, there is always the waterfall and I deliberately put the entry hall under the brook with the intention of making a drowning trap. Either of those could be useful and fun in both senses. 
Memento Mori
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18