Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 143

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 634522 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #1830 on: November 25, 2022, 01:58:22 pm »

This week the epic store freebie is "Star Wars Squadrons"
Unfortunately it requires an EA account and to go through their launcher. Hrm.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: November 25, 2022, 02:24:27 pm »

Sadly, even if you use the open source Legendary or its frontend Heroic Launcher (so you don't have to install or use the epic launcher), it will still need that EA origin thingy.
Thanks but no thanks.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: November 25, 2022, 02:49:41 pm »

Yeah I didn’t think it possible but EA are finding more ways to be utterly horrendous.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: November 26, 2022, 02:18:18 am »

I played that game a while back. It wasn't the most groundbreaking or exceptional game, but I all I wanted from it was to fly a TIE fighter, and it delivered very well on that.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: November 26, 2022, 03:37:27 am »

I played that game a while back. It wasn't the most groundbreaking or exceptional game, but I all I wanted from it was to fly a TIE fighter, and it delivered very well on that.
For my part, I've been getting most of that from modded X4 (Interworlds), but X4 costs money.  Free is free, and that's good to hear. 

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: December 01, 2022, 11:22:23 am »

This week on the epic store the freebies are "Fort Triumph" and "RPG in a Box"
Fort Triumph seems to be a cartoony mix between a (simplified) Heroes of Might&Magic for the turn based hero parties exploring a world map and improving their castle and a (simplified) XCOM for the turn based battles.
RPG in a Box is some kind of RPGMaker but with more camera views (from 2D top to 1st person view)

Next week more interestingly there should be "Saint Row 4 Re-Elected" (that's Saint Row 4 with all its DLC included) and "Wildcat Gun Machine" whatever it is.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 11:29:05 am by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: December 08, 2022, 06:32:54 pm »

this week the epic freebies are "Saint Row 4 Re-Elected" and "Wildcat Gun Machine"

Looks like next week they're starting their Christmas and year end "mystery freebie" run, hopefully the games will be as good as they were last year.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: December 10, 2022, 03:37:52 am »

Hello everyone. Anyone by chances know if there are freebies of any kind for the Nintendo Switch?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: December 10, 2022, 03:51:24 pm »

Hello everyone. Anyone by chances know if there are freebies of any kind for the Nintendo Switch?

You can search the Nintendo eShop by price, which includes free. It's mostly freemium and/or crap. Doesn't really count as free, but if you have a Nintendo Online subscription, which would be required for playing online games anyway, you do get emulators for the NES and SNES, and a Pro subscription has an emulator for the N64, all with fairly decent(and growing) libraries. There's a Genesis emulator, but I forget if that's the basic or Pro subscription.

Very rarely, if ever, are there games put on "sale" for free, like how Steam, GOG, or Epic do. Most are a time-limited rentals of the full game, which, again, is generally limited to subscribers.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: December 10, 2022, 04:37:39 pm »

Awesome, thanks for the guidance my friend!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: December 12, 2022, 11:13:42 am »

Gog have "Ghost of a Tale" as a freebie you can claim in the next 2/3 days
https://www.gog.com/fr/game/ghost_of_a_tale
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 11:25:40 am by Robsoie »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: December 12, 2022, 11:20:02 am »

I've recently been enjoying Heads Will Roll: Downfall. It's basically A Legionary's Life, but with better graphics and set during the middle ages.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: December 15, 2022, 12:41:01 pm »

Today's "mystery game" from Epic is Bloons TD 6. I still remember when Bloons TD was a free flash game. Am I old?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: December 15, 2022, 12:53:54 pm »

Yeah it was a series of tower defense flash games, for some reason that i never understood myself (as to me other tower defense flash games were much better than bland bloonstd ) it was really very popular.
This one seems to be the first bloon TD that was made in 3D instead of old flash.

On an additional note, epic is now giving away 1 game by day instead of by week until the 29 of december, like they did last year, hopefully there will be some good one amongst them (last year there were some very good offerings amongst the bunch)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 01:22:03 pm by Robsoie »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: December 15, 2022, 02:00:26 pm »

Today's "mystery game" from Epic is Bloons TD 6. I still remember when Bloons TD was a free flash game. Am I old?
Eh, it was/is still free up to 4, near as I can tell, and there's F2P ones since then. You probably are old, but not that old :P

... anyway, it's a'ight as TDs go. Popularity wise, it had pretty clean aesthetics, enough complication to draw you in, and a fairly unique way of handling damage that made the series stand out fairly well. It's not surprising it managed to become and stay decently liked.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 143