Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A haunted ocean!?!?  (Read 4948 times)

elctropenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • The one true electric penguin
    • View Profile
A haunted ocean!?!?
« on: February 15, 2011, 10:40:08 pm »

Yeah so I was generating a world i wanted to have a lot of good and evil and the entire temprate ocean is evil has any one seen this before!?!?!
SO MANY FREAKIN HARPYS!!! OH THE PAIN!!!! (last words of urist mcducan as he vainly tried to stem the tied of none stop harpy kamikazes)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: A haunted ocean!?!?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 10:46:47 pm »

You freak out about a lot of things, I've noticed.  This isn't particularly uncommon, you'll get a lot of sea serpent and zombie whale types.

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 10:47:13 pm »

Embark next to it. I dare you.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 10:47:46 pm »

You freak out about a lot of things, I've noticed.  This isn't particularly uncommon, you'll get a lot of sea serpent and zombie whale types.

In other words; more fun!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 10:53:11 pm »

You mean Fun.

elctropenguin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 10:56:05 pm »

eh but it still funny becuase the entire ocean looks like it has oil in it but there are serene forrest calling my name
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 11:00:56 pm by elctropenguin »
SO MANY FREAKIN HARPYS!!! OH THE PAIN!!!! (last words of urist mcducan as he vainly tried to stem the tied of none stop harpy kamikazes)

elctropenguin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 10:57:22 pm »

oh look thats quite humourus the other ocean is completely good so yeah...

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 11:45:47 pm »

I've had an evil ocean beside a good forest and vice versa(I spend a lot of time generating world with different mods and such). You'll get them once in a while, I have had no increase in difficulty playing on them. Nothing threatening has ever crawled out of the ocean at me yet. Though who knows, I might have been overly lucky.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz

elctropenguin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 11:58:14 pm »

all the sunnden you get attack by a ten foot tall skeletal unicorn serpent thing lol

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 08:39:58 am »

What amazed me was how skeletal sharks moved on solid ground.  I suppose that dead water animals don't need to breathe and therefore won't suffocate on land, but they aren't exactly configured for land movement.  At best they ought to flop along like a landed fish, but they still moved with the speed of sharks.   :o
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Mkombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 08:43:00 am »

^ Haha, that's a creepy thought. I've not yet encountered any undead yet.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 10:23:13 am »

What amazed me was how skeletal sharks moved on solid ground.  I suppose that dead water animals don't need to breathe and therefore won't suffocate on land, but they aren't exactly configured for land movement.  At best they ought to flop along like a landed fish, but they still moved with the speed of sharks.   :o

Maybe some evil god gave them legs, Gyo-style.

Because, I mean, how does a completely skeletal fish FLOP, exactly, without muscles?
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

PwndJa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 10:27:33 am »

Evil oceans are some of the funniest embarks I've ever had. Zombie whales flying out of the water at lightspeed, crashing into a Dwarf and sending some of his limbs flying halfway across the map made me fall out of my chair in laughter.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 11:45:15 am »

Because, I mean, how does a completely skeletal fish FLOP, exactly, without muscles?

How do skeletal legs move without muscles?  Skeletal fish flop the same way.  Or should do so, anyway.   :D
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 12:06:41 pm »

How do skeletal legs move without muscles?  Skeletal fish flop the same way.  Or should do so, anyway.   :D

They clearly move with an unearthly spectral force that has reanimated them, substituting dark necromantic energies for their former earthly muscles and flesh. Thus, they swim across the surface of the land as they once swam through the waves.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Pages: [1] 2