Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Game Over  (Read 124763 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Game Over
« Reply #555 on: February 28, 2011, 08:43:24 pm »

Yes, but looking back over my PMs he did actually ask me about his win condition. So he knew he had to win with town.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 28, 2011, 08:44:28 pm »

Ah.  So he just made it impossible for himself to win :\.  Great.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 28, 2011, 08:46:15 pm »

Dariush, unless you were a survivor, you guaranteed that you would lose by not voting.  Why?

Heh, I was right about NativeForeigner.  The only reason I changed my mind was because Dariush was a) scummy and b) couldn't ninja anything.

Yeah, you were definitely right about me. I'm surprised that I passed for town after I made that mistake of voting you.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 28, 2011, 08:46:35 pm »

Okay, legitimate afterthoughts:

Wuba: Rage harder / u mad bro / etc., the Doppelgangers played to win so don't blame us for "ruining the game." We got lucky with:
1) Leafsnail not knocking any of us off
2) TWO nightkills and a roleblock on our side
3) The very abrupt elimination of almost everything that could harm us on night 1.
4) The inability of people to recognize Jim as obvtown?

Doppelganger Vigilantes need to be weighted even higher than they are now. They severely imbalance the amount of time it takes to reach Lylo.

A reminder: removing Dopp Vigilantes would still leave the Combat Camo possibility.

Spore Spreader as a true jester who can infect Dopps/Aliens wouldn't be able to lose.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #559 on: February 28, 2011, 08:52:41 pm »

I'm done.
Mmmk. Have fun with that.

Spore Spreader as a true jester who can infect Dopps/Aliens wouldn't be able to lose.
Unless the Spore Spreaders are changed to not win as a team. The only win if they themselves are lynched (and thus manage to propagate themselves).

Problems with that option:
- What happens on nightkills? Loss like true Jesters?
- How many are infected? 2 per kill could cause serious problems.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 28, 2011, 08:55:31 pm »

Yeah, you were definitely right about me. I'm surprised that I passed for town after I made that mistake of voting you.
It wasn't really "passing for town".  It was more "Dariush was looking more scummy and wouldn't be available for the plan anyway".  Heck, Mr.Person sent me a pm telling me he thought you were scum.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 28, 2011, 08:56:57 pm »

It wasn't really "passing for town".  It was more "Dariush was looking more scummy and wouldn't be available for the plan anyway".  Heck, Mr.Person sent me a pm telling me he thought you were scum.

I was just basing that off of the PM. I'm not surprised that I didn't fully pass for town.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #562 on: February 28, 2011, 08:58:55 pm »

I was basically confirmed scum after I lied about blocking Book.

I'm kind of amazed Jim didn't call me out on that. Book even wrote up a fake PM from "webadict" saying that "webadict" was going to block Jim, that I could throw out as a cover in case I was called out on it.

Which would have been awesome.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 28, 2011, 09:01:53 pm »

A few things. One, dopp vig is fine, but VERY swingy.

Two, don't discuss balance of the game here, there's an entire thread devoted to just that topic.

Three, I actually didn't suspect Jim much at all D2. I know I kept saying "oh, Jim is scum, Jim is scum", but I would of voted Leafsnail before voting Jim. And I certainly would of voted Book before Jim, that's for sure.

Four, wow we sucked pretty bad there. Leafsnail, your first instinct as an Extie should of been to kill Pand, not because he might of been a dopp, but because he could of killed you. Also, what techs did you take?

Five, I knew for a fact from Book's comments that scum were aware of that plan. I figured the leak was either Leafsnail or Native, but Dariush really was being rather scummy. I dunno, I just decided to go with lynching Pand and hope for the best.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 28, 2011, 09:04:34 pm »

I'd like less powerful teams in the future. That way runaway victories like this by either team shouldn't be possible.

I was basically confirmed scum after I lied about blocking Book.

I'm kind of amazed Jim didn't call me out on that. Book even wrote up a fake PM from "webadict" saying that "webadict" was going to block Jim, that I could throw out as a cover in case I was called out on it.

Which would have been awesome.

What would that have accomplished? I knew you were scum. I figured you were telling the truth, and that you blocked Book for WIFOM. Scrutinizing your actions wasn't required.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 28, 2011, 09:05:03 pm »

Mr.Person - actually, I thought it was very unlikely that Pandarsenic would kill me (since he didn't seem to suspect me), and he would mean I wouldn't have to avoid so many lynches.  I didn't count on him being a doppelganger and the whole game unravelling so quickly.

I took camo (obviously) and replicator.  The replicator would've been very useful if I actually survived the day, but I didn't.

It would've been odd for me to set up that plan as a doppelganger.  I mean, it would just be sadistic.  Then again, I guess I have a track record of doing that.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 28, 2011, 09:31:51 pm »

Kinda sad to have not survived day 1., still, sign me up for the next one

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 28, 2011, 09:55:26 pm »

Hey, I went along with you, right?

I think you not shooting Book N2 was stupid. Jokerman? Really? You spend most of the day voting Book and kill Jokerman? That makes no sense and was one of the reasons I suspected you so much.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 28, 2011, 10:00:07 pm »

I would also agree on balancing teams for lower power levels in general.

Leafsnail, I thought you were almost certainly an Exty from your Vig claim, but killing you would invite Deathbombs and if you had a shield would let us know we were onto you.

Also, srsly, why Jokerman?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 28, 2011, 10:09:49 pm »

Because I realised most of webadict's arguments completely sucked towards the end of day 2 and the case on Book in general wasn't great either, leaving me with only a gut instinct I couldn't explain.  Plus I was actually twisting and misquoting Book and I decided to stop.

Jokerman was being passive and bad throughout day two and had two votes.

And on day 3, it clearly didn't matter whether you thought I was vig or exty.  Probably better that you thought I was exty, even.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40