Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33

Author Topic: The Lacuna Expanse  (Read 30651 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Lacuna Expanse
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2011, 03:41:42 pm »

My system is empty, according to my probes and the starmap. However, I am doing quite well.

If you do an alliance, feel free to invite the "Nex Katocracy"

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2011, 04:18:41 pm »

:-\
Out of resources for about a day. Probably should have focused more on resource production than the tutorial. Or focused more on the tutorial.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2011, 04:37:28 pm »

Yeah, if you finish the tutorial you get a building that gives you free resources and 5 days worth of "complete the build queue instantly." It's definitely worth doing.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2011, 04:59:10 pm »

Registerd, seems interesting enough, empire name is Angels of Sidaroth, but it's taking forever to load the planet for some reason -.-
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2011, 10:22:15 pm »

Registerd, seems interesting enough, empire name is Angels of Sidaroth, but it's taking forever to load the planet for some reason -.-
This happened to me, using Chrome 10.0.648.45. The game seems interesting and different from what I hear about it, but it isn't very responsive after a few short moments. Firefox any better? Reminds me, I need to update Firefox.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2011, 10:33:31 pm »

I use Firefox... No probs so far...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2011, 10:36:30 pm »

I use Firefox... No probs so far...

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2011, 10:42:32 pm »

I'm not having any problems, on Chrome 9. Guess I should stop it from updating? XD

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2011, 10:52:58 pm »

It's been a bit slow for me, but that may have been my crappy connection.

When I registered, though, it took a couple of tries because it timed out.

EDIT: It does crash when using the Starmap. That could be a problem later on.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 11:02:24 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2011, 11:16:26 pm »

Well just finished the Tutorial. And just a note to those who haven't gotten the building that you get...

The timer is that of 5Days worth of actions. Meaning that for a Building to upgrade that takes 20mins, it will subtract that time out of the 5days...
It also either takes an hour from your time or what ever it will take for you to amass that amount for the free resources...
It will leave a Crater as a final present for you when the timer is over. This is as far as I can tell, decoration...

Finally. It will continue going down no mater if you are building anything or not. Plan wisely what you want to upgrade and how much resources you will need cause you might never notice it gone until you are halfway through something huge...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2011, 11:31:25 pm »

I just finished the tutorial as well. I figure you might as well suck as much use out of it as fast as possible, since any second of time it has that's not used for anything is a waste.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2011, 11:37:02 pm »

Don't waste it on filling Resources if your max in less then what it will take to fill. This uses the full time taken even though you only get say 2999...

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2011, 11:38:20 pm »

I'm in on this, it looks quite nice. SaLem Empire. Look forward to Dwarven antics once I get beyond helpless newbie level.

Argon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2011, 11:47:11 pm »

If we're going have an alliance, i think we should all attempt to get in the same zone. Mine's negative|negative, what about you guys?
Or we can have a section for each zone, though that might be too fragmented to do any good.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2011, 11:57:07 pm »

Zone:-1|0
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33