Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: The Combat Zone - Forum Strategy Game  (Read 5107 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: The Combat Zone - Forum Strategy Game
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2011, 01:15:08 pm »

So, as for me?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2011, 01:19:58 pm »

We'll see. Might be fun, thou also extra work for me.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2011, 01:20:41 pm »

And definitely more difficulty...

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2011, 02:32:31 pm »

I know I don't have any units but my vote goes for:

Hold position! We don't have enough support currently to execute a proper counterattack!

ShadowZane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2011, 02:33:42 pm »

My vote:
Do not move on any further, fortificate youre position and wait for backup/support or new orders!
"Never discuss with an idiot,
first he brings you down to his niveau and then he beats you there cause of his experience"

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2011, 02:49:32 pm »

You decide to wear them down instead of risking the lives of your men in an attack. The firepower you're directing towards the rebel positions is immense, enough to cut down the trees hiding them.

A horn sounds off in the woods, and is answered by an impressive roar. Amazingly, the rebels are reforming and launching another massive attack. There's movement all over the rebel front, as the weary and battered remains of the first attack get back up and begin their last, desperate charge towards the town.

It is a slaughter.

Men after men fall, until there are no more men to fall. The leaders of the rebels attempt to rally them for a final push, but it's over. What few rebels remain are either dead or too afraid to move. Men begin flowing out of the woods and back towards where they came from.

The amount of casualties inflicted on the rebel side is staggering - and not a single Dutch or British soldier is lost. There are more dead rebels than wounded, a clear testament of their devotion to their cause and the brutality of modern warfare.

After the battle is over, the Dutch commander calls you over. He's planning his next move, and wants the British Army's opinion on the matter.

It might be best to follow the fleeing rebels to their base and eradicate this threat and the warlords once and for all. But there's also a large-scale rebellion going on in a nearby city as well, and the puppet government's troops might need help keeping it under control. The city possesses a major supply depot for the Dutch troops stationed here, which cannot be allowed to fall into enemy hands. Which should it be?

((I was actually surprised by the AI's suicidal last attack. It did my job for me. Upgrades/new troops come after this decision.))

Unit Commanders
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2011, 02:53:54 pm »

My vote goes to moving to the city to offer government forces some needed help. We can't let the rebels get that supply depot!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2011, 02:54:49 pm »

If I had this game, I would have scrubbed that suicide attack...

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2011, 03:08:19 pm »

Well, once it is enabled to us, I would like to be the leader of a Snipersquad, supporting the rest, but for now, get to the city!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 03:11:51 pm by Atilliano »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2011, 03:10:41 pm »

I could just give you a sniper team already.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2011, 03:11:47 pm »

Well, once it is enabled to us, I would like to be the leader of a Snipersquad, supporting the rest, but for now, just hold the line and don't go forward to try and kill the rebels, just keep shooting on them from cover.
Everybody's dead Dave.

Ahem, I think we should go to the city too.

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2011, 03:12:46 pm »

Well, once it is enabled to us, I would like to be the leader of a Snipersquad, supporting the rest, but for now, just hold the line and don't go forward to try and kill the rebels, just keep shooting on them from cover.
Everybody's dead Dave.

Ahem, I think we should go to the city too.

sorry, didn't noticed there was a page three already, but I changed what I said now, and, yay! Sniper squad!

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2011, 03:13:07 pm »

go to city.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

ShadowZane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2011, 03:15:52 pm »

How I said,
id like a recon/special forces team, control over an Apache or something, alternatively an APC/Tank
"Never discuss with an idiot,
first he brings you down to his niveau and then he beats you there cause of his experience"

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2011, 03:27:09 pm »

Ok I will take cotrol of the halftrack.

Have the APC hold position if the enemy begin to gain ground pull back to the next building for cover and have the halftrack pull back behind the building on its left.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6