Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: The Combat Zone - Forum Strategy Game  (Read 5105 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Combat Zone - Forum Strategy Game
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 08:26:54 am »

Ill take the vehicles and provide support with those

I move the apc back behind the wall for added cover and move the halftrack behind the building on the left.

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 10:23:24 am »

I'll take the other squad of infantry and stay on the roof shooting the places where there are the most rebels.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 10:24:50 am »

Cant wait to get a tank call the halftrack MS-1 and can I get an Mg or anything put on that

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2011, 10:25:30 am »

Get the people who are currently outside the wall to get cover behind it before resuming the firefight.

Have the others provide covering fire.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2011, 10:47:16 am »

I'm getting seriously fed up with this screenshot bullshit. Printscreen causes everything in-game to magically lose all their texture, details, etc and FRAPS, which I just downloaded, makes the pics studiply dark for some reason.

I might just stick with FRAPS though, it's lesser of two evils.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 09:24:33 am »

There's no chance that the rebels can cross the fields alive. It'll be a slaughter. You call the Bulldog APC back inside the town's walls for extra cover, as it's a sitting duck out there.

The rebels charge across the woods, and the forward observers stationed there finally realize it's time to go. Unsurprisingly, they don't get far. When one of their troopers falls, they're forced to hit the ground, caught right in the middle of the firefight. They begin firing at the rebel troops rushing through the woods. There's no shortage of targets.

The decision to pull the Bulldog back turns out to have been a good one. A rebel heavy weapons team cuts straight through the jeep and the wall behind it before it is pinned down by return fire. The concentrated fire of the Dutch-British troops is wreaking havoc on the inexperienced rebel forces.

All around, the rebel advance is stopping. Looks like holding the line was the right decision. These young, untrained insurgents have never experienced the horrors of war before, and seeing all your friends fall around you does wonders to morale. It is a miracle they have not turned tail and fled yet.

For a while, you repeat the same actions over and over - aim, fire, aim, fire, only stopping to reload. The insurgents attempt desperate charges across the plains, only to be cut down on to the bodies of their brethren.

The results aren't pretty.

The rebels are guaranteed to break and flee any moment now. Should you organize a counterattack before they can get away, or keep up the fire and watch them run?

---

Unit Commanders
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((I got FRAPS working better, yay!))
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 10:49:36 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 09:27:03 am »

Hold position, it might be a feint.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ShadowZane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 10:38:19 am »

Is there something like Helicopters in later missions? if yes I want to command those, till then Ill take 1 infantry section
"Never discuss with an idiot,
first he brings you down to his niveau and then he beats you there cause of his experience"

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2011, 10:48:33 am »

Helicopters are off-map support only, I'm afraid. You can call in strikes, but you can't directly control or even see them. They'll be available as 'upgrades' that you can take between battles.

ShadowZane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2011, 11:03:50 am »

Priority list (units)
1. Control over off-map support
2. Recon/Special Forces
3. Tank

Would be cool if I could get some of those^^
"Never discuss with an idiot,
first he brings you down to his niveau and then he beats you there cause of his experience"

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2011, 12:02:52 pm »

Hrm, may I control the rebels?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2011, 12:05:00 pm »

I like to keep them on AI, so no, sorry. Might be interesting, but I'm afraid you might actually win. >_>

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2011, 12:06:17 pm »

Don't worry, I'm pretty bad at strategy. At least one mission...

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2011, 12:58:44 pm »

how comes it we have 4 fireteams now? I thought we had two.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2011, 01:14:00 pm »

You're right, those two aren't in the game yet. If anybody wants to become a platoon/company/whatever leader instead of a normal squad, just say.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6