Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526491 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 3: The Calm Before The Storm
« Reply #8685 on: March 22, 2014, 05:36:27 pm »

"Very well. Let us leave."

Put on that head-mic. Never know when it might come in handy. Then follow Rob!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8686 on: March 22, 2014, 09:47:37 pm »

James contemplated Amos' words, and then spoke sighingly.
"...yeah. No use bothering with it now since it's gone. What's the plan, anyway?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8687 on: March 22, 2014, 10:31:20 pm »

((You haven't changed my armor dude.))

Anna leaned in to whisper quietly to the Marshal after they were done talking about the plan.

"Sir, we can't let that 'crat that's with us live. He'll screw us over the first chance he gets, and worse, he'll do it while we're fighting. We need to take care of him now and use his gear to help against what's coming. Problem is how we're going to take him down quickly without him holding us off until the presbyter arrives..."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8688 on: March 22, 2014, 11:03:20 pm »

((You haven't changed my armor dude.))

((Ah, yes. I fixed the mistake turn before last, then forget to update the staging wiki. Propagated error, I apologize.))

James contemplated Amos' words, and then spoke sighingly.
"...yeah. No use bothering with it now since it's gone. What's the plan, anyway?"

"Do what they tell us, unless it gets down to crunch time with no decent orders. Then we do whatever it takes to survive." Amos shrugs. "You know, the usual. You got a bright idea?"

Anna leaned in to whisper quietly to the Marshal after they were done talking about the plan.

"Sir, we can't let that 'crat that's with us live. He'll screw us over the first chance he gets, and worse, he'll do it while we're fighting. We need to take care of him now and use his gear to help against what's coming. Problem is how we're going to take him down quickly without him holding us off until the presbyter arrives..."

The Marshal grimaces. "The thought crossed my mind," Feuer replies, his voice pitched as low as yours. "Technocrat Evan is anxious to play dead. Might be quick to oblige him, then put a sabot through his braincase while he's still on the ground. I would love to have the bastard interrogated, but you're right, he's a liability." The marshal's brow furrows. "Unless, of course, you can convince him to link and let you lead. Your will, his strength. If he really does have good intentions, that would go a long way to proving it."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8689 on: March 22, 2014, 11:48:29 pm »

"Fuck him, we'll kill the bastard and be done with it. He can play dead for real. I'll take the high ground with Tyrin and one of the others, while you take the rest and head off to a different position with the Sabot launcher. When he's down, nail him with it and if we have time, then we can grab his stuff and get ready for the Presbyter. Sound good?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8690 on: March 23, 2014, 02:02:27 am »

((Quickpost because catching up with action here))
(You will have to save against the Damping field next round)

Spoiler:  Tyrin Laveros (click to show/hide)
Resist...the wave?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8691 on: March 23, 2014, 03:27:19 am »

((Quickpost because catching up with action here))
(You will have to save against the Damping field next round)
Resist...the wave?

(Doesn't need an action, it's just essentially a warning that's going to pop up and tell you when your next save is going to be.)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8692 on: March 23, 2014, 09:36:20 am »

"Most of the brilliant plans I come up with on my own involve charging in and getting savaged for it, so... not really, no."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8693 on: March 23, 2014, 12:28:13 pm »

"Fuck him, we'll kill the bastard and be done with it. He can play dead for real. I'll take the high ground with Tyrin and one of the others, while you take the rest and head off to a different position with the Sabot launcher. When he's down, nail him with it and if we have time, then we can grab his stuff and get ready for the Presbyter. Sound good?"

Feuer nods. "Sounds fine, captain. Let's make it happen." The marshal turns away from you and raises his voice. "Alright, here's how its going to be. Hickie, Jeremiah, Wigs, Technocrat Evan, take the ground floor, spread out to take points. Hickie, find strong cover and get ready for patch and fix.  Evan, prop James' friend up on the east wall and yourself on the west wall. Jeremiah will give you something to make you look more dead." Feuers orders are quick and loose, letting the ground crew spread out into positions they're comfortable with. "Anna, Tyrin, James, take the high ground. Keep the presbyter off guard. I'm going to draw the bastard in, so DO NOT blow the ambush until he's inside. Everybody clear?"   
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8694 on: March 23, 2014, 12:54:06 pm »

James prepared to follow the order, but he had one question.
"Should I avoid preparing kinetics so he doesn't detect me?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8695 on: March 23, 2014, 11:20:00 pm »

"Probably a good idea James. We're dealing with a mountain of power coming right at us, so we need every edge we can get. So don't do anything that he can detect right away and hammer the bastard when he's in position. Tyrin, when we get in position, patch James up. We need to be in the best possible shape for the fight. Now let's move!"

Stick to the plan and head upstairs with Tyrin and James and into cover. Deactivate my mindbar and rest while we are in position, and remember to reload my new assault rifle.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8696 on: March 23, 2014, 11:47:47 pm »

"Alright, then!"
STICK WITH THE PLAN and go to high ground with Anna and Tyrin.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8697 on: March 24, 2014, 06:35:36 am »

Yes, sir.
Get into position.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Nunzillor

« Reply #8698 on: March 26, 2014, 05:24:55 pm »

Can I request that Harry's character sheet be added to the list of current players on page 1, please?  Just curious about the stats.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8699 on: March 27, 2014, 12:45:19 am »

Can I request that Harry's character sheet be added to the list of current players on page 1, please?  Just curious about the stats.

Absolutely not.

It's done.
---
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 602