Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527561 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22, Ch. 2: It got worse.
« Reply #8145 on: August 26, 2013, 02:43:55 am »

Dom looked down. She thought Hoke had said something about being a person before he was an AI, but she'd figured he was just being an ass. Ash confirmed that it was the truth. "...I see. Do you remember anything about yourself, before you became an AI? Or did they wipe most of that out to make room for their bullshit?" If she sounded a little angry, it's because she was disgusted with the idea of the Technocrats just taking people and fucking with their lives. Hell, they had personally interfered with her life at least twice now.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8146 on: August 26, 2013, 02:44:47 am »

Tyrin looked at Jenna and weakly gave her a nod, thanking her for that. He could feel..well, in a well described form, warmth radiating from his wound. He didn't know blood would be this warm..and if so, this was a very precarious situation.

"J-jenna..go over to Anna. T-" She's right there. "Please try to convince Ced to take us in. We can't go out this way."

..What if she doesn't believe me.
Then I must lie to her. We'll all die if we try this exit!
...And this wound. I wonder if it hit my organs.

"They've guns trained right at the door. We need to make our own way out. Blow down the wall. And not in this direction. If they can muster enough force to get me like that, then they're dead set to kill anyone who exits this building.

"Which means the colonists are also free targets now. Do you have anything we could use?"

Try to stabilize wound. And..err, try to wonder if I can prod Ced on this unfortunate matter and to try..to ask to go into the backroom--where it leads?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8147 on: August 26, 2013, 02:45:36 am »

"I was damn good at making things, actually still am, just have not realy had the chance you know, soldiering is something that is a necessity, it's not who I am"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8148 on: August 26, 2013, 02:59:12 am »

"Mmm. I see. I never was much good at anything before all this, myself." Dom sighed. "Just... moving crates and shit. Tried construction work for a bit, didn't like it. Was a bouncer at a strip club for a few years and that was a fun job, before I got fired for beating a few too many grab-happy drunks half to death." She flexed her hands. "I never was good at controlling myself when I got pissed off, and I always liked to fight. Didn't take much of a reason for it, y'know? That's why I look like this." She indicated her face, with its scars and black eye.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8149 on: August 26, 2013, 03:02:58 am »

"Ouch, sounds like you have found something out here then, or I am bad at drawing conclusions, either way"
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8150 on: August 26, 2013, 03:21:37 am »

Dom shrugged. "More that I have to try to keep a grip on things. These powers... I dunno what'll happen now if I really lose my temper. Before I just had to worry about not beating a guy hard enough he dies. Now I don't know if like the area around me will blow up or something. Gotta... keep a lid on it, you know?" She sighed and covered her eyes with a hand. "More honestly... it's been harder to get that angry since losing Jeffrey. For the longest time I just felt like I was going through the motions; getting up, going to work, blowing most of my paycheck to get so drunk I could barely walk, coming home to an empty apartment and passing out in a cold bed just to get up and do it all again the next day."

She took a deep breath. "Just trying to deal with things, I guess. I haven't really felt in control of my life for a long time, so I sort of know where you're coming from, even if our circumstances aren't the same."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8151 on: August 26, 2013, 03:32:26 am »

"I realy do hope we both get what we need from this, your a good woman Dom, and i'd like to be friends if there is a chance."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8152 on: August 26, 2013, 03:39:51 am »

Dom nodded. "That's why I'm really hoping we can get this mess straightened out. I don't wanna hurt you either." She looked at the Immortals. "...I feel sorry for these guys. I know why you hate the Father so much. The proof of what kind of asshole he is is right in front of us. Hell, I've talked to him myself; I dunno if I told you this, but I took a nap earlier when we were all here and exploring and that guy took over my dreams, tried to get me to sell out my team and yours too. I don't know what exactly he wanted. I got woke up before we could talk much, luckily."

She thought for a moment. "Hmm. If the Father is an AI, then how did he get into my dreams? That sounds like a psychic sort of thing. Is he more than an AI? Do you know?" she asked Ash.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8153 on: August 26, 2013, 03:42:12 am »

"He is the strongest single mind I have ever seen or felt, that is all I know, and he seems hell bent on controlling everything, we can't just let him run rampant, you can see why I am skeptical that your Tarric, actually won, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt, for now"

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8154 on: August 26, 2013, 05:59:31 am »

I'll see what I can do. Damien stares intently at the commander. Do try to remember that there's only so much I can do, and coping with your incompetence is not, in fact, part of it. He cracks his knuckles and neck. That being said, let's get this over with. I have better things to do.

Wait for the dropship to get into position, then jump out and take stock of the situation. Get ready to retaliate at any attackers.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 05:53:18 am by Fr0stByt3 »
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8155 on: August 26, 2013, 07:39:10 am »

She thought for a moment. "Hmm. If the Father is an AI, then how did he get into my dreams? That sounds like a psychic sort of thing. Is he more than an AI? Do you know?" she asked Ash.

((Bingo))

I'll see what I can do. Damien stares intently at the commander. Do try to remember that there's only so much I can do, and coping with your incompetence is not, in fact, part of it. He cracks his knuckles and neck. That being said, let's get this over with. I have better things to do.

Jump out of the gunship and take stock of the situation. Get ready to retaliate at any attackers.

((Uh. The gunship is in the air, moving pretty quickly. Not saying you can't jump out, but its an interesting first choice of action.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8156 on: August 27, 2013, 05:52:24 am »

Right then.
Changes incoming.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8157 on: August 27, 2013, 08:30:31 am »

((It would be better if you did jump off from that height, and probably utilize parkour to land safely though. :p))

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8158 on: August 28, 2013, 05:38:50 am »

((I'm just waiting for it to stop. Then I'll jump out. :P))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8159 on: September 06, 2013, 07:48:53 pm »

Turn is written for everybody, but I'm on the wrong computer to make the map of Hensfield. Still, it's there. So update should be within a fortnight.

Serious, I just want to wave my arms at you in mixed consternation. I made a beautiful map of that entire floor weeks ago, Wolfchild has it, and yet the two of you will manage to move on without really actually doing ANYTHING on that floor. HNNNNRRRG.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 602