Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526087 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Oh well get out of there, try to find way to objective
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Hmm, I'm having a little trouble here editing my page as I know nothing of Wikidot editing. Is there any function similar to Spoilers? Because I'd like to add my stories to my background, but avoid making it look like I'm making a monument to my guy. :P

If no, is there any way to make tabview appear under the character bar or stop at a certain distance? Because as it stands it runs right over the character bar, blocking part of it out.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Here to help! :D Here's an example code for ya.

Code: [Select]
[[collapsible show="+ (story title here, or just Show if you don't feel like naming it) " hide="- (story title again, or just Close works too)"]]
(main body of text here)
[[/collapsible]]

It's probably obvious, but just in case, you don't need to use any parentheses anywhere. ^^^
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 02:27:44 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, thanks! That really helped.

Edited my page. Hopefully I didn't mess anything else up while doing so.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

No problem, dude. ^^^ I'm not THAT good with it but if you need anything else, I'll see if I can help.

EDIT: Oh, right, that reminds me. Big D asked me to do a character portrait of Tarran for the page, if you don't mind me taking a crack at it. So I have a few questions:

1. You don't mind if I do, right? This is the big question. >.>
2. Is the King of Fighters style like Dom and James have on the map OK?
3. Anything specific you want, like a certain background or a scar on the cheek or something of that nature?

EDIT 2: I keep forgetting things 'cause my memory is horrendous. >.< wolfchild, you don't mind if I do one for Ash with the same questions as above, right?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 02:51:31 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

I'm going to bump the thread because I want to tell you about a dream I had involving the players of Deviation-22 last night.
What happened first in the dream is that I was somehow signed in as Taricus and had apparently unknowingly made a post as him. And then the Draigcorp that Draignean makes jokes about actually existed, and apparently had its own TV channel. Also tv channels hade like picture listings of their shows, and Draignean's channel had his avatar plastered on all of them.
'Twas weird.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1. You don't mind if I do, right? This is the big question. >.>
2. Is the King of Fighters style like Dom and James have on the map OK?
3. Anything specific you want, like a certain background or a scar on the cheek or something of that nature?
1: I do mind. While I don't have anything against you doing it, it really is something I'd rather do myself (of course, I'm bad with faces so, so far it's only been helmet pictures), and Draignean didn't inform me either.
2: I don't know what you mean.

I'm going to bump the thread because I want to tell you about a dream I had involving the players of Deviation-22 last night.
What happened first in the dream is that I was somehow signed in as Taricus and had apparently unknowingly made a post as him. And then the Draigcorp that Draignean makes jokes about actually existed, and apparently had its own TV channel. Also tv channels hade like picture listings of their shows, and Draignean's channel had his avatar plastered on all of them.
'Twas weird.
Pfff, come on man, you're only supposed to be nutters in the brain inside the game, not outside.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 01:37:20 pm by Tarran »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

1: I do mind. While I don't have anything against you doing it, it really is something I'd rather do myself (of course, I'm bad with faces so, so far it's only been helmet pictures), and Draignean didn't inform me either.

Oh, whoops. I had intended to PM you and wolfchild about the concept before I opened the wiki.  :-\ If I didn't get you then I probably didn't get wolf either. Well my face is red over that one.

The images would be for the wiki, I asked SC about it so the artistic style would remain consistent. If you don't want him to do it then I can continue using the blanks.

'Twas weird.

While the fact that I influenced the subconscious of another human being is something that I can check off of my gigantic list of evil, I'm mildly disturbed by this. I can't exactly tell you why either. Perhaps because I'm a fugitive from a reality where I actually did own Draigcorp and I'm only here due to a failed attempt to overthrow the reactionary government. That, however, is highly unlikely.

Moving on from your dubious sanity, I'm on the whole turn thing. Been working on Arkham's recently, seeing as it got a whopping hole punched into its progress by recent events.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The images would be for the wiki, I asked SC about it so the artistic style would remain consistent. If you don't want him to do it then I can continue using the blanks.
Well, I'm working on my own picture as of this moment. So continue using blanks until I either fail horrifically or succeed amazingly please.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

okay. Turn might not be tonight. My head is splitting. I'm going to take some meds and do something that doesn't require thinking. Sorry.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your head is splitting? Dude, I don't think meds can heal your head splitting in half.

:P

Anyway, it's okay, take your time.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Yeah, take it easy, dude. No rush. We'll still be here. :P

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tarran Smith

Slowly walk north but stop before the T junction.

You walk slowly north, away from the rest of the group. Last time you went through here you were kind of rushing it, now you take you're time to look around a bit. Not that the scenery really changes around here.
     On your immediate left the wide east-west corridor continues, but you can detect other branches splitting away from the main path. The end of the corridor is not in sight. Straight ahead and a bit jogged right is another corridor, you can see doors on either side [Observation 3] with small plates next to them. They could be locks, descriptions, or something else entirely, you can't really tell. On your right is the corridor you arrived by, it's still dusted with ants, it still leads to the closest thing to outside, and it's still empt- [Observation 3+1] wait, no it's not. Jogging up towards you is a human shape with a familiar bright green light in its hands.

---

Ashley Fey

Oh well get out of there, try to find way to objective

You're happy that Tarran and Dom are happy about James not being dead, but you have work to do. You just need to find a way to get somewhere useful... A way whose stupidity falls short of repelling down the open shaft without ropes or harness. [Int 3+1] Your mental blockage finally clears and you realize the somewhat obvious. Of the two elevators that are already here, only one has been taken. Sure, you're going to have to override the exterior locks, and then probably isolate the control systems so nothing remote overrides the elevator into a massive gauss cannon, but it should get you down to a maintenance level, or at least some place with more working systems than this floor.
    You head over to the remaining elevator's locked interface panel and start working on getting it unlocked. [Mechanical 3] The work you do is no masterpiece, but it's dark over here and the designer of the system didn't use any of the traditional markings to denote functions. Despite this, you succeed in getting one door to sputter partially open, enough for you to squeeze inside anway.
    Now, if the Voice does have some way to track you, you're willing to bet that he's going to drop that elevator the instant you're too far in to jump back out. You can stop that by activating the emergency braking system the instant you're inside, but if you can't find a way to disengage the EBS after that, the elevator will be dead in the water, and you'll be back to square one. Of course, if he isn't tracking you enough to know when you're in the elevator, then this should be a piece of cake.
   It just depends on which gamble you're willing to take.

---

Dominique Wakeman

"I'm tripping over this fat-ass's leg," Dom growled back at Tarran, gesturing at Jordan as she got to her feet. She then got the railgun and ammo and left James's condition up to the actual medic.

Jordan smirks at you as you pull yourself off of James, he continues smirking even after your fat ass comment. Smug bastard.
    You stalk away from James and back to one of the dead immortals you saw earlier, muttering insults most of the way. The part of the way that isn't taken up by obscenity is occupied by almost shooting Taric when he jogs up to you from out of nowhere. Well, maybe not nowhere, you might have been paying too much attention to inventing new phrases to burn skin at fifteen paces to see him. When you get close enough to see his expression, he starts stating at you in a way that seems to insinuate that something is your fault.
   You grab the rifle from one of the dead, or mostly dead, immortals, wedging it in with the rest of your kit. Taric continues to stare at you meaningfully. It's vaguely creepifying.

(Artemis Railgun added, one energy cell added.)

---

Taric Sizier

Quote from: He who is called I Am
Rejoin the group. Stare at someone until they feel bad for abandoning me.

You jog towards the light, knowing that if this isn't your group then it's probably some form of interesting ambush. You get most of the way to the light without incident, and you can see a figure silhouetted against the light from the stand now. The fact that it isn't shooting at you gives you a good feeling about your odds.
    Another shadowed figure storms around the corner that the lightstand is illuminating, coming right for you at a decent clip. You slow to a walk as it approaches, shining your light on it to see who, or what, it is. Dom gives a start as the bright green light illuminates her, coming very close to drawing her handcannon on you before she realizes who you are. Instead of apologizing for leaving you in the dark, or at least greeting you, she just kneels and pulls a long barreled rifle off one of the burned corpses crumpled against the side of the tunnel.
   You stare at her in what you hope is a guilt inducing way. Having never felt the emotion yourself it's difficult to tell.

---

James Evan

James ran and grabbed the rifle, beating the figment over the head with it. To unjam it. Yeah. If the technocrat grabbed it first, James grabbed the weird person thing and charged into the trooper with it.
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

After kicking the trooper's rifle away, Blight brings her own pistol to bear. [Quickshot 3+1] Her angle is bad for shooting, but she still rips a small furrow across the trooper's chestplate. (Trooper armor -8)

The trooper, deprived of his rifle, unholsters a small pistol that's nearly identical to your own. [Quickshot 3+1-1] The dreamspace bullet burrows into your shoulder, entering your body with surprisingly little pain, more like a minor stab wound than a gun shot. (James Dreamspace HP -10)

Meanwhile, the thug back in the security office struggles to move, crawling his way into a corner where he's out of sight. [Will 2] His helplessness improves little, largely due to the fact that his figment lacks the backbone to stand up and fight.

You [dex 4] manage to snag the rifle off the floor, bringing it around like a club in the same motion. [Melee 4 Vs Dodge 6+1] The trooper slips just out of range, twisting back in after your blow passes in an attempt to pistol whip you. [Trooper Melee 3 Vs Dodge 5] The attack is clumsy, and you're able to use the momentum of your makeshift club to carry yourself away from his strike.

---

Turn Recap
Taric is receiving missions from god x3
James is dancing with a big metal stick
Tarran is looking around
Dominique is being stared at in a creepifying manner
Ash is potentially getting out of dodge

Jordan is evaluating James
Harry is resting

Other Events
Tarran Will be encumbered as soon as the gravity goes back to earth normal
Tarran is Tired

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge -Pyotr Ivanov- (Taric)
Ident Badge -Kira Masse- (Tarran)
Unpowered Pad (Tarran)

Spoiler: Enemies (James) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPC (James) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dominique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 08:49:34 am by Draignean »
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

James attempted to shoot the trooper, and if that didn't work he would drive his fist into the trooper's face.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"So, guys, there's this hallway down here." Tarran said, pointing west. "Anybody want to explore this one? Only with less splitting up this time?"
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 602