Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529929 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 You fail at failing.
« Reply #4590 on: July 11, 2011, 11:28:39 pm »

The problem with that arguement is that you want to take the "Powered" bit away...

Powered armor of course is powered. It does not however confer any constant bonus like a carapace or a bio-suit does.

The suit will be explained in detail later but here is the basic rundown,

A suit has a built in capacitor that can store a certain amount of power, (500+) plus whatever external capacitors you have added. For the purpose of recharging a power-cell holds 100 units of power. (There are larger power storage units made specifically for vehicles, the suit can also hook into a building to recharge.)

The power pool inside the suit can be used to increase your abilities, different suits cost different amounts for their boosts. For instance the suit in question costs 10 energy to add a +1 to your strength, (18 effective strength points.) so draining an entire powercell into a single punch would give you a devastating +10 to your brawl roll for damage. However a Hercules suit (an industrial labor suit) can convert just 5 energy into a +1 for strength.

Dexterity, Endurance, and Strength can all have their effective values modified by expending charge, some weapons also take charge to activate the recoil dampeners used to compensate for heavy rounds. Shields, sonic dampeners, boosting energy weapons, etc all take charge.

The powers of a suit depend largely on what type of suit you're using and how much power the wielder is ready to sink into it. Aysu suits can cloak and can move more silently than a falling leaf when they need to, Hercules suits can crack open a mans skull like breaking an eggshell, and so forth and so on. Suits are tools of war, nothing more or less. As different from each other as a hammer is different from a wrench or a screwdriver. A suit that is running on sparks is a noisy, slow, and relatively weak deathtrap to whoever is wearing it. A fully charged suit is a death machine.

Important note: A suit spends an amount of charge per turn it moves equal to one half the amount it takes to boost its strength once.

On the subject of weapons that are meant specifically to be used with powered armor:

1. Power is stored inside the powered armor, energy cells are meant to be manipulated by human sized hands so reloading would be a pain in the ass if you had to do it manually. Retractable lines in the wrists hook into the weapon energy feeds to provide the power.

2. Ammunition boxes are hooked to the back rails and connected to the weapon via belt-feed, so like energy cells small arms mags aren't used due to the difficulty of holding them. (Boxes are finite but empty boxes can be replenished by converting clips of an appropriate caliber using a non-combat round)

3. There are exceptions to these rules, the Dybbuk and other launchers that can't be configured for belt feed use standard load mechanisms.

4. Attempting to use a weapon that isn't designed for or hasn't been modified for use with power armor incurs severe penalties to its use if you are wearing a suit, the same applies in reverse as well.

5. Power armor has a number of slots on the back (4-12) and a pair of slots on the shoulders (Though using those does give a slight penalty to your ability to see), each slot can car an ammo box, a capacitor, a special item, a gun, or similar-item-that-I-can't-think-of-right-now-that-you'd-want-to-clip-on-to-your-suit.

Well, we have the perfect training ground. And I wholeheartedly expect it to be the target for just about every heavy weapon used by anyone trying to kill us too.

As for it's current usefulness, I'm going the Soviet route (RA Soviets): Screw subtlety, just barge in and kill them! :D

Remember the Finns.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:31:09 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: July 12, 2011, 04:54:21 am »

Would it be possible to hook up a generator to a suit?

Remember the Finns.
The finns never stood a chance with Tesla coils, war bears and falling space stations ;)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: July 12, 2011, 08:09:34 am »

what if you somehow used it to store psychic energy? :P
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: July 12, 2011, 10:54:58 am »

Would it be possible to hook up a generator to a suit?

Sure, strapping a small fusion reactor to your ass sounds like a great plan.

what if you somehow used it to store psychic energy?

Well that depends on your abilities, if... hey, wait a moment...

You guys never picked your psychic ability reward for defeating Hake, or your other psychic reward for GTFO of the station alive.

Whoops.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: July 12, 2011, 10:56:18 am »

Ohh, I've got to do that then :D

And we have to Psionic abilities to choose? O_o

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: July 12, 2011, 10:58:49 am »

Pretty sure we chose one, but now I can't remember what it was. You might as well list them again. :p
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: July 12, 2011, 11:32:20 am »

Ohh, I've got to do that then :D

That was sarcasm.

Yes you can strap a generator to the suit, yes it is a very bad plan if you plan on going into battle. Search and rescue suits have generators, but people don't generally try to destroy those.

Pretty sure we chose one, but now I can't remember what it was. You might as well list them again. :p

Augh, well...

Tarran, Taric, Dom, each of you needs to pick which ability you want to evolve, then you'll get your three unthinkable options.

---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: July 12, 2011, 11:34:11 am »

Ability? Like Taric's Psionic [REDACTED]?

EDIT: I knew it was, not going to stop me though :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: July 12, 2011, 11:53:36 am »

I'm staying far the fuck away from Taric in battle then. Anyway, for evolution, I'll pick Slam. If you mean we get two abilities to level, then I'll also pick Telekinesis.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: July 12, 2011, 11:55:57 am »

Are you talking about the [REDACTED] or the likely-to-go-KABOOM PA generator?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: July 12, 2011, 12:01:29 pm »

It doesn't matter which, I'm going to stick by Tarran instead. Being shot once or twice on accident beats getting blown into smithereens when they shoot your generator by a long shot. O.O ...Besides, with his proficiency at friendly-fire he'll probably end up blowing you up anyway and it would be safer to have him between me and you to absorb part of the blast for me. :P

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: July 12, 2011, 12:02:53 pm »

...Dom has to get this personality trait ;D

But yeah, Up the [REDACTED] by one and "Sandpaper" by one.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: July 12, 2011, 12:06:53 pm »

Which, the 'avoid-Taric-at-all-costs' trait or the 'use-boss-as-a-human-shield' trait?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: July 12, 2011, 12:09:18 pm »

The second one of that list :P Though I was going to say "Sharp planner"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: July 12, 2011, 12:12:46 pm »

lol. Well, at least staying behind him means I'm less likely to get shot in the back...
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 602