Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 529850 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 You fail at failing.
« Reply #4530 on: July 10, 2011, 10:02:33 pm »

ACTIVE kinetics...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: July 10, 2011, 10:07:35 pm »

No... Passive kinetics.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=76875.msg1999312;topicseen#msg1999312

Character: Tarran Smith
"Hey, jackass, I saw that. Screw you, asshole." Throw something valuble next to him onto the ground.

Okay, you may need something from him later but after Taric makes his purchase you feel a deep need to convey your frustration. "Hey, jackass, I saw that. Screw you, asshole." You slam your hand down on the asshat's desk to punctuate the sentence, [Passive kinetics roll 5+1] everything within a foot of your fist hums and shatters. Huh.... You hadn't meant to do that. [Signifer will save 3+1 Vs kinetics 5+1] The man leans away from you, you think you've made your point here.

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: July 10, 2011, 10:09:56 pm »

Shatter, not vaporize.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: July 10, 2011, 10:12:58 pm »

Oh, yeah, shatters.

Still, it breaks stuff. Even if vaporizing isn't shattering, it will still do quite a bit of damage.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: July 10, 2011, 10:15:53 pm »

And you're counting on being in Melee range with it. Even if you do get within punching distance, a machine punches harder then you, Combined with Taric's passive kinetics skill... >:3

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: July 10, 2011, 10:19:22 pm »

You don't want to ask me that because I am so biased it is not even funny. But seriously, not even one of them? Damn. Hmm.

I'd recommend trying to find a copy of the original Resident Evil if you have a PS1 or PS2 that can still play PS1 games. Or, y'know, other means of playing PS1 games. >.> Director's Cut if you have to, but the new costumes suck ass and frankly I don't really like some of the puzzle changes or the fact you get like 2x ammo off every pick-up. It made the game way too easy, I mean, my brother for example is really good at those games and can get to the end with so much ammo and healing items... and I'm pretty good, I beat the last boss with 3 shotgun shells, 7 pistol bullets, and a knife. :3 I don't count the rocket since you have to use that to kill him. Anyway, once you're done with that, move on to RE2. It's probably my least favorite one but you should give it a try, you might like it, I dunno. I just don't have as fond memories of it as I do for RE1 and the later sequels. If you do play RE2 though you have to beat it I think 6 times to unlock everything. That game also has the introduction of HUNK, who's a fucking badass in my opinion... and yes, his name is all caps, that's not me being an ass about it. Anyway RE3 is pretty good, I haven't played it in a long time but I actually found my copy yesterday, and when I get done with my new Cv games I'm probably going to pop that in and see what's up with it again. RE4 is the game that everybody was shitting themselves over when it came out, and I'll admit to having run through it about twenty or thirty times - also known as a tenth of the amount of time I put in RE1 - but Leon's just not my favorite RE character, and the plot is, well... "Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president's daughter?" His one-liners are terrible but funny too. The whole thing is like an 80's spy flick.

As for RE5, well, that seems to be something everyone's divided on. If you have a 360 and a gold account though, let me know and if you get a copy I can try to help you through it. Assuming I can borrow it from bro. >.> I like the campaign and the DLC but what a lot of people care about in that game is the Mercenaries mode, where you pick from three different versions of Chris and Sheva, or two different versions of Jill and Wesker, and try to keep a kill combo going to eliminate all 150 enemies as fast as possible. Wesker's kind of broken in this mode because he has an ability to 'dash', which knocks majini aside and counts as a melee attack. If you kill the enemies with a melee, you get 5 seconds on the clock, and there's some enemies that can only be melee'd by a dashing Wesker like the lickers and the reapers. As you might guess, I'm a Wesker player, but not a very good one compared to some of these guys. I'm like... lower-middle-tier, probably, and I rarely play Mercs anyway. My brother is awesome with S.T.A.R.S. Chris and is roughly the fourth or fifth best player of that character in the world, and it's a toss-up between him and BerserkerKev who is the best American S.T.A.R.S. Chris. If you wanted to play Mercs instead of the campaign I'd refer you to him. ^^

If you have a Gamecube, I'm pretty sure they released the first three REs on it (although not the original RE, just the REmake which I'm not a fan of >.>) and RE4 and Code Veronica are coming to Xbox Live Arcade soon, so there's that. I'm kind of torn about Operation Raccoon City which is coming out soon, I dunno about this whole squad-based thing being injected into RE2. I'll wait and see though.

Anyway, the thing with Resident Evil is that it's very cheesy. It's chockful of horrendous acting (except for RE5 and it's debatable about RE4) and ridiculous plots. If you're not the kind of guy who enjoys watching bad movies you might not like it.

Don't have any consoles beyond PS2, (and that thing has been through hell.) always been a fan of bad movies so I'll have to give it a whirl... Hell I enjoyed The spirits within and I've been since told that it was a terrible movie. I'm more of a fan of really bad comedy, but bad action also works some days. (Except for starship troopers which makes me homicidal.)

Reworked my design for the piru, added a helluva lot of whitespace.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh, yeah, shatters.

Still, it breaks stuff. Even if vaporizing isn't shattering, it will still do quite a bit of damage.

You aren't ready yet. Right now it's based too much in luck and I won't activate your abilities every time you hit something.(Particularly if you're trying.) Taric also has passive kinetic skill, and he'll be wearing the armor, he won't be easy to beat... Why do I have a feeling Taric is going to become the character that "the Captain" has to beat it into submission every so often?

Just remember that I shifted the plot (slightly), and it was done in such a manner as to protect Tarran, and perhaps James.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: July 10, 2011, 10:22:06 pm »

Bugger. :(

And James isn't really going to be on Taric's extermination radar anytime soon, and Tarran would just end up dead instead of a eunich

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: July 10, 2011, 10:23:09 pm »

You aren't ready yet. Right now it's based too much in luck and I won't activate your abilities every time you hit something.(Particularly if you're trying.) Taric also has passive kinetic skill, and he'll be wearing the armor, he won't be easy to beat...
Darn.

Why do I have a feeling Taric is going to become the character that "the Captain" has to beat it into submission every so often?
Because Taricus is both insane in-character and in real life? :P

Just give me something that can electrocute him even when he's in the suit and we'll take care of that for quite a while.

Just remember that I shifted the plot (slightly), and it was done in such a manner as to protect Tarran, and perhaps James.
HAH, SUCK ON IT TARIC! :P

But what about Dom?

Anyway, big bad minigun is nearing completion. Any requests for stuff on it?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: July 10, 2011, 10:25:47 pm »

Can't do anything to Dom. Can't exactly neuter a female, and she's the medic which prevents killing as a viable method. Which pretty much means she and Ashley are safe, along with Jordan and Harry (As they're subordinate to Ash).

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: July 10, 2011, 10:27:43 pm »

...Oh, you're only doing this because you have an obsession with removing male genitals.

Dude, come on, stop it, your obsession looks like it's a borderline fetish for you. :-\

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: July 10, 2011, 10:28:30 pm »

HAH, SUCK ON IT TARIC! :P

But what about Dom?

Dom? Dom has the contractual immunity given to badass women, she's in no danger from Taric.  The plot branch might apply to her, but it is less likely.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: July 10, 2011, 10:32:16 pm »

You know, being a man kinda doesn't feel like what it used to be. What with maniacs looking to remove your genitals and our generally higher chance of death. >_>

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: July 10, 2011, 10:35:10 pm »

Actually Dom's protected by the fact Taric wants to get in her pants for whatever reason. So he's hardly going to try to kill her, especially since she's doing her best to keep everyone else alive.

@Draignean: So you're playing Bioshock on PC then? You can get RE2, 4, and 5 on PC; I have RE2 and 5 for it, anyway. I dunno about the rest of the series. ^^; But yeah, if you're limited to those three, I would say get RE4 if you got an older computer and RE5 if you have a good one. You can always watch LPs on YouTube or something, too, to see if you might like it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: July 10, 2011, 10:36:39 pm »

Good ;D

@SC: I think that passed over due to death threats.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: July 10, 2011, 10:37:47 pm »

You know, being a man kinda doesn't feel like what it used to be. What with maniacs looking to remove your genitals and our generally higher chance of death. >_>

At least you aren't black..

Actually Dom's protected by the fact Taric wants to get in her pants for whatever reason. So he's hardly going to try to kill her, especially since she's doing her best to keep everyone else alive.

@Draignean: So you're playing Bioshock on PC then? You can get RE2, 4, and 5 on PC; I have RE2 and 5 for it, anyway. I dunno about the rest of the series. ^^; But yeah, if you're limited to those three, I would say get RE4 if you got an older computer and RE5 if you have a good one. You can always watch LPs on YouTube or something, too, to see if you might like it.

Hate LPs, ruins all the surprises. I play my way, even if that means go through Might&Magic as a ridiculously wimpy telekinetic mage who lived by throwing rocks everywhere.
---
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 602