Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 526514 times)

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 1, In which there is a tangent.
« Reply #765 on: March 10, 2011, 12:41:39 am »

oh.
well, um just wait for our leader to decide what we are doing then...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 10, 2011, 12:44:52 am »

oh.

How about shooting baddies?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 10, 2011, 12:48:32 am »

His pistol does get -2 to damage at this range though, and the Irin is even worse. Particle weapons, lethal at close range, completely useless at distance.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 10, 2011, 12:50:35 am »

Until I get my hands on it...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 10, 2011, 12:54:23 am »

Until I get my hands on it...

;) You can't turn everything into a sniper rifle though.

Also, I've been disappointed with the armor system. (I.e It can take nearly infinite punishment as long as the roll is good.) so in chapter 2 I may change how armor works if no one has objections.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 10, 2011, 12:55:09 am »

Fair enough.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 10, 2011, 12:57:45 am »

His pistol does get -2 to damage at this range though, and the Irin is even worse. Particle weapons, lethal at close range, completely useless at distance.
Ummm... how can I see the distance from me to them? I can't see where you've listed the distance.

Also, I've been disappointed with the armor system. (I.e It can take nearly infinite punishment as long as the roll is good.) so in chapter 2 I may change how armor works if no one has objections.
Just as long as it doesn't make all armor act as if they're made of paper.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 10, 2011, 01:01:47 am »

Ummm... how can I see the distance from me to them? I can't see where you've listed the distance.

Erk, listed it in the first post. 50ft, right into medium range. Hmm... What do people think of me listing the distance to each relevant PC on the enemy's stats in the spoilers?

Just as long as it doesn't make all armor act as if they're made of paper.

Nah, planning on giving armor its own HP and threshold system.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 10, 2011, 01:03:05 am »

The armour system sounds nice and I would like distance in an enemy's profile.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 10, 2011, 01:07:58 am »

Erk, listed it in the first post. 50ft, right into medium range. Hmm... What do people think of me listing the distance to each relevant PC on the enemy's stats in the spoilers?
Would be nice if it doesn't bog you down too much.

Oh, good, that sounds decent if it doesn't bog you down too much.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 10, 2011, 01:09:21 am »

Dom took the grenade and put it in a pocket, then cut the man's jumpsuit into a few bandages. A stray bullet nicked her shoulder as she was doing so, and she looked up at the Guardian, annoyed. "Bitch," she said under her breath. She moved her shield to cover herself better as she moved across the corridor to Tarran's side. "Just a second." She fired a heavy pistol round at the woman down the hall, because she wasn't going to let that burst of fire go unanswered, then put the Abassy away and started trying to patch him up.

Also, I agree with Tarran.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 10, 2011, 01:10:03 am »

Done, it'll go into an individual breakdown once you get into more advanced combat situations. Also I forgot to kill Hex on the enemies sheet  :-[ oops.

Would be nice if it doesn't bog you down too much.

Oh, good, that sounds decent if it doesn't bog you down too much.

It'll be cool as soon as I get around to adding all the new crap I invented into the first post's "Lore" spoiler.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 10, 2011, 01:14:34 am »

Wow, serious just slid right in behind me. Trollan, as soon as you decide on a course of action I'll run the turn. (Or time passes and Tarran gives you an order,)

Edit: Added most all of the stuff that I could find to the first page, including Taric's upgrade notes.

Edit 2: Holy Crap, I'm at the character limit for that post. *Facepalm* Should have reserved the post after it for use.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 01:34:55 am by Draignean »
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 10, 2011, 01:17:22 am »

^^ That's how I operate.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 10, 2011, 02:33:36 am »

Spoiler: Initiative Roll (click to show/hide)

Taric Sizier

SHOOT THE BITCH!

You aren't giving up until this daughter of a motherless whore is dead. [Marksman roll 5+1, Confirm critical 3, Guardian armor 2+1-3] Anger honing your focus to a razor you fire again, this time the laser cuts into the woman at the neck, very nearly decapitating her. Her convulsions are mercifully brief, and she was dead from the moment it hit her.

The Guardian has been killed. The ALR has been discharged.

---

Tarran Smith

Pull out my Chimera and pot-shot Ivan as much as I can.

You order Trol to close in with his shotgun and try to close the distance to Ivan. In the meantime you grab your pistol and fire at Ivan while lying on your back. [Quickshot 2+1-2 range] The little machine pistol just isn't up to the distance, you strike sparks but nothing else.

---

Trol Grane

As per your squad leader's orders you grab the shotgun off your back and try to chase Ivan down. [Dex 5 Vs Ivan dex 4] You sprint after him, he's fast and doesn't have far to go, you however have chased people more than once in your time as an enforcer. You're twenty-five feet away when he reaches the door, you raise your shotgun and flow into a shooting kneel, still sliding forwards from your momentum. [Quickshot 2] The speed of your movement against his is difficult to calculate, and your blast overshoots him and blows a shallow molten crater in the wall.

---

Dominique Wakeman

Dom took the grenade and put it in a pocket, then cut the man's jumpsuit into a few bandages. A stray bullet nicked her shoulder as she was doing so, and she looked up at the Guardian, annoyed. "Bitch," she said under her breath. She moved her shield to cover herself better as she moved across the corridor to Tarran's side. "Just a second." She fired a heavy pistol round at the woman down the hall, because she wasn't going to let that burst of fire go unanswered, then put the Abassy away and started trying to patch him up.

You grab the grenade, something like that you just couldn't pass up. Pistol in hand you look up from your grisly work in time to see Taric cut down the Guardian with a blade of light. Serves the trigger happy bitch right. You get back to Tarran and start bandaging the poor bastard. [Dex 3, int 4, fighting 4, luck 3, = 14/20] [Tarran end roll 3+1] To his credit the man doesn't pass out as you pull the remaining gauss rounds out of his body, the bleeding has been stemmed but you still have a little more work to do if you don't want it to start again immediately.

Tarran's bleeding has been stemmed, treatment is underway.

---

Fighter

Get the fuck out of here!

The Independent scrambles out the door, hastily heading into the unknown room.

Status
Warning: Tarran's health is below 50%

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 02:40:28 am by Draignean »
---
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 602