Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 527418 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Chapter I, In which people are very lucky
« Reply #420 on: February 24, 2011, 05:03:17 pm »

Tarran Smith

"Load up and ready your weapons and follow me. Stay stealthy, we're all by ourselves. Trol, cover our rear. Taric, stay close behind me. Dominique, keep your eyes on any hallway splits or other exposing features. Alright? Move out." Ready my Renfield SMG and randomly go down one direction of the hallway.

As a freedom fighter you've never done much work with a team, but you've had plenty of time to wish you had one. You give your orders and the others fall in. [Intuition 6+1] You don't know why but the one direction just seems... better. You move out, getting your Renfield into a good position for a tight fight.

The group moves out quickly trying to make as little noise as possible, a moot point since you're in a corridor where the ceiling just blew up. After a minute you come to an intersection, the hallway that crosses yours has doors every 20ft. It also has a trio of surprised looking men.

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

---

Taric Sizier

Follow Tarran's orders

Okay, you may have had a rough start with the guy but he makes sense, you make sure your Broadbeam is ready and follow Tarran. You come to the first intersection within minutes, and you aren't alone.

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

---

Dominique Wakeman

Everything seemed to be have passed by in a blur, but now that there was a quiet moment, Dom got her bearings. "Got it," she said to Tarran. She fell into step beside him, keeping crouched to present as little a target as possible, and swept her eyes from one side of the hallway to the other.

There isn't much to watch in the hall, but you follow Tarran's lead and keep an eye for anything out of the ordinary. As such you're the first to spot the three men walking towards you on the left corridor. Looks like the enemy is coming to you.

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

---

Trol Grane

do what the boss says

You follow Tarran's orders, acting as a rearguard. You don't see anything out of the ordinary, but as you walk off the red emergency lighting and the rubble from the ceiling makes it hard to see all the way down the hallway. You only notice something is wrong when you bump into Taric's back. (-1 to initiative roll)

Spoiler: Trol Grane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 24, 2011, 05:08:53 pm »

Aim at the leader
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 05:11:42 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 24, 2011, 05:11:21 pm »

Except under special circumstances you cannot aim in and fire on a single round, if you shoot the leader it will be a quickshot not an aimed shot.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 24, 2011, 05:12:04 pm »

Thank goodness for quickediting  :D

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 24, 2011, 05:14:23 pm »

"Let 'em have it!" Fire my SMG at the 1st one while charging into and attempting to knock over the second.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 24, 2011, 06:09:03 pm »

That's a... bold move.

You are aware that you are not wearing any armor?

« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 06:30:32 pm by Draignean »
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 24, 2011, 06:43:29 pm »

That's a... bold move.

You are aware that you are not wearing any armor?
I'm in front. I'll get shot either way unless I retreat into the back, which I won't. Might as well lessen my chances of getting shot by being a moving target and also rushing them while they're not ready.

Well... How far away are they anyway?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 24, 2011, 06:46:05 pm »

Forgot that bit, oops.

Roughly 25ft.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 24, 2011, 07:06:23 pm »

Eh, I can make that. Much more safer to be all in their face then be at the end of their guns.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 25, 2011, 12:02:20 am »

Dom knew one thing about guns. She knew that if she got in their faces before they could shoot, they'd never have a chance to pull the trigger; it just wasn't practical to try and shoot at someone at point-blank range when they're physically attacking you. She charged forward, firing the pistol as she went at the one not holding a riot shield. When she got close she'd have to try and take one of those shields away.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 25, 2011, 12:06:53 am »

Yay, melee charge buddy to share the bullets with me.

*Crosses fingers* Five, five, five, five, fiiiivvveeeee...!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 25, 2011, 12:12:59 am »

one, one, one, ooooonnnnneeeeee!!!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 25, 2011, 12:16:37 am »

one, one, one, ooooonnnnneeeeee!!!
Sush, or I'll blow your head off.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 25, 2011, 12:17:41 am »

Like last times one  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 602