Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 512396 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deviation-22 (Sci-Fi RTD) Ch. 2 The AI is about to get slapped
« Reply #2490 on: April 16, 2011, 07:37:34 am »

I'd like to say that you're understating Taric's creepyness...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: April 16, 2011, 07:52:55 am »

Only for a joke, kinda like saying Jupiter's a little bit bigger than Earth. But you agree that we seem to be in need of a laugh track? :3 You could always install one on Hoke so everything he says is replaced by it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: April 16, 2011, 07:56:32 am »

Well I'd better learn to fly this thing before I do that...

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: April 16, 2011, 08:42:20 am »

James snapped to attention. "Whoa, do what the AI says, i don't want to vomit my new food all over the place!"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: April 16, 2011, 08:45:30 am »

"I could just lock him out of those systems as well."

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: April 16, 2011, 10:09:42 am »

for lack of a better thing to do, and to show something is not quite right with teague, poke the new dude

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: April 16, 2011, 10:35:30 am »

these last 3-4 pages are sick and should be erased. in short theyre funny as hell :P
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: April 16, 2011, 10:36:08 am »

Good good. Now are you signing up?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: April 16, 2011, 10:38:15 am »

nah im not an good rp:er btw powders still in the waitlist
Quite fucked indeed.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: April 16, 2011, 10:39:19 am »

Neither am I, but you have to learn somewhere...

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: April 16, 2011, 11:14:26 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
who am i trying to fool seems like too much fun.
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: April 16, 2011, 01:43:04 pm »

"He'll promise to delete any footage of dom?"

There is a moment of silence before the voice replies again. "No, but he won't show it to anyone else. The AI says that this is his final offer."
"I'd reply to that but dom's still here..." Give Hoke access to speak again. and access to the cockpit camera.
"I could just lock him out of those systems as well."

Nathaniel Grumbles quite a bit as he comes back on the intercom. "You want to hazard a bet as to what's faster? Your programming or my ability to triple gravity and pin you to the ceiling. Punk..."

After Hoke is done feeling sorry for himself the ship turns and starts dodging through the trees vaguely in the direction of Hensfield. You take advantage of the ship's luxury, resting, eating, resting, watching holos, resting, and opening holographic 'windows' that you can see outside through. Under the trees might as well be under a cavern, no light gets in through the densely woven canopy. The trees themselves glow slightly, covered in a fungus that gives off a faint light that varies from green to violet. The forest floor is still quite far below you, movement and animal life is scarce but that's to be expected when you're riding in a giant and shiny ship that isn't exactly made for stealth. What you do see though is either reptile, or what Taric swears is an animate fungus. Once in the distance you get a fleeting glimpse of that looks for all the world to be a flying snake, though a flying snake that's larger than the ship. The gas giant blacking out the sun was alien, but that really didn't come up a lot when you were inside the facility... Now though there's nothing at all to keep you from believing that you aren't Kansas anymore.

The trip lasts long enough for you to all put in a good night's sleep and get showered and re-clothed. The ship's little cleaning robots are also capable of mending clothing, though they destroy your jumpsuits instead of keeping them. After a bit of testing you find that they can mend some of the damage to your armor as well, it isn't perfect but it works well enough.  (Health restored, Stamina restored, Armor +50% of maximum)

When you finally arrive Hoke puts you down a mile outside the settlement, you don't want to risk the colonists seeing it or appropriating it somehow. Nathaniel tells you that if you walk out the door, take a right, and keep walking straight you should find the settlement. He'll be able to track you and talk to you via the short range radio as long as you stay with seven miles of the ship. 

Now, all there is to do is walk out the ship into untamed wilderness, trudge a mile to the settlement, somehow find the unchained that may or may not have arrived here, and do all of this while keeping your own presence as soft as possible to keep you out of Technocrat sight.

(3rd Mission completed, +3 attribute points and +6/6ths* skill)

*The old way seemed too confining, this way you can finish of your partial training sessions too.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: April 16, 2011, 01:49:05 pm »

Att points into intelligence. Skill point into crafting.

"Okay. Nathaniel, don't scratch the paint while I'm gone." Start walking.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: April 16, 2011, 02:32:24 pm »

All the skill points into Active Kinetics to jump that to 3, all attribute points into Endurance to make it 9... unless Endurance doesn't up my stamina, in which case, 3 to Willpower.

Dom went to the kitchen to grab some snack bars for the trip, then exited the ship. Good thing I'm well out of that for the moment. Kinda creepy to think about Nathaniel just watching me while I'm asleep. He probably had, too. It seemed like the kind of thing he would do. ...We need to get him some books as fast as possible.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: April 16, 2011, 02:52:55 pm »

Since I have a strength of 0, all attribute points into Strength.

For skills, 2/6ths to marksman, rest into Dodging.

"Oh hey, a walk in the dark. Reminds me of the time I went through sewers... almost died that day. Oh well, at least this time there's no sewer water."

Get walking.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 602