Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Darling, you gotta let me know: should I Stay or should I Go?  (Read 27402 times)

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
Re: Zathras is dead, long live Book!
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 08:03:15 pm »

Hi Book. Nice to meet you.

You might want to change your avatar, its the same as Zathras'.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 08:19:39 pm »

Hi Book. Nice to meet you.

Disrespectful, if you ask me. You can't just REPLACE Zathras, you jerk.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 08:33:00 pm »

Assimilation is perfectly acceptable though.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 08:37:26 pm »

Assimilation is perfectly acceptable though.
Well, first he parades around, boasting about how Zathras is dead, and then tries to take over his life like nothing happened! Seriously, he's got some deep psychological issues that need to be dealt with now!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 08:39:12 pm »

Well, first he parades around, boasting about how Zathras is dead, and then tries to take over his life like nothing happened! Seriously, he's got some deep psychological issues that need to be dealt with now!

Book is a doppelganger.

I had no idea Bastard Paranormal was this real.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 08:47:49 pm »

Hahahaha! Yes, I've eaten him! Zathras is now merely Book's puppet! Yeah!

But the avatar should reflect Book's unchallenged and unparalleled supremacy, yes.

ETA: Meh, not as cool as I hoped. Well, I'll tinker with it and we'll see what happens.
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2011, 08:51:40 pm »

Hahahaha! Yes, I've eaten him! Zathras is now merely Book's puppet! Yeah!

But the avatar should reflect Book's unchallenged and unparalleled supremacy, yes.
I challenge you for Zathras soul.

According to Bay law, any member is allowed to challenge another member for the soul of any third member that was taken without due process of Bay law. Since you have overstepped Mafia sublaw, I am allowed a challenge to a game of your choosing, assuming the game is fair and played in a location that is agreeable to both parties.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2011, 09:04:15 pm »

Hah! Challenge... accepted!

Provisos:

1) Zathras didn't and Book doesn't have a "soul." Those imaginary concepts hold no sway on the scientific mind. Believe nothing that you can't see, touch, smell, or at least infer from a particle accelerator run.

2) Were we face-to-face, the traditional challenge would be chess, but long distance and computer-aided shenanigans make it impractical. Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock, first-blood sabers, and summarising Proust are also out due to impracticalities.

3) I will ponder the choice of game for a few more hours. You may choose up to two aides-de-camp, and so will I. We shall meet at dawn next after the game decision is published, and the winner will be decided by an arbiter of unchallenged honour. Your choice of Toaster, Vector, Mephansteras, JimG or JanusTwoface.

4) Should webadict win, he shall receive the password to the Zathras account.... but if Book wins, what should Webadict relinquish? Nominations welcome.

Honour must be satisfied.

No Oglaf jokes, please...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 09:12:45 pm by Book »
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2011, 09:09:02 pm »

4) Should webadict win, he will be given the password to the Zathras account.... but if Book wins, what should Webadict relinquish? Nominations welcome.

Why, that is quite easy: his most prized possession.

The title King of the Mafia.

Should he lose, another game of KotM will be hosted, with both Web and Zath auto-inned.  They will have to fight for the right to the title again, against a field of challengers and would-be hopefuls.

For the whippersnappers out there, the original KotM.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2011, 09:14:30 pm »

Perfect. I applaud and accept you suggestion.

Webadict, I accept your challenge, and will bet Zathras' "soul" against the "King of the Mafia" title.

Are you still on, or will you cowardly run away with your tail between your legs?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 09:15:44 pm »

Hah! Challenge... accepted!

Provisos:

1) Zathras didn't and Book doesn't have a soul. Those imaginary concepts hold no sway on the scientific mind. Believe nothing that you can't see, touch, smell, or at least infer from a particle accelerator run.

2) Were we face-to-face, the traditional challenge would be chess, but long distance and computer-aided shenanigans make it impractical. Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock, first-blood sabers, and summarising Proust are also out due to impracticalities.

3) I will ponder the choice of game for a few more hours. You may choose up to two aides-de-camp, and so will I. We shall meet at dawn next after the game decision is published, and the winner will be decided by an arbiter of unchallenged honour. Your choice of Toaster, Vector, Mephansteras or JimG.

4) Should webadict win, he will be given the password to the Zathras account.... but if Book wins, what should Webadict relinquish? Nominations welcome.

This shall be fun!
1) The soul, in terms of Bay law, shall include both the body and account of the owner. You'll have to relinquish any part that was taken, as there was never a Bay challenge that required the owner to forfeit.

2) I would never use any such methods, assuming it were agreed upon. I have my honor to uphold, sir. Not only that, but many chess sites have time limits to discourage such utilities.

3) Of course. I shall choose Toaster and Jim Groovester. The other two are far too busy for Bay challenges.

4)

Why, that is quite easy: his most prized possession.

The title King of the Mafia.

Should he lose, another game of KotM will be hosted, with both Web and Zath auto-inned.  They will have to fight for the right to the title again, against a field of challengers and would-be hopefuls.

For the whippersnappers out there, the original KotM.
Ah yes. I do, in fact, still hold the title of King of the Mafia. Technically, no one has attempted to challenge me for the title, so I both own it, and it is fair game.

Perfect. I applaud and accept you suggestion.

Webadict, I accept your challenge, and will bet Zathras' "soul" against the "King of the Mafia" title.

Are you still on, or will you cowardly run away with your tail between your legs?

NEVER! No challenge goes unaccepted! Name your game!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 09:21:40 pm »

What have I just been dragged into?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2011, 09:29:34 pm »

What have I just been dragged into?

Something amazing. Or at least entertaining.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2011, 09:32:33 pm »

It is ON!

Some details and small print clarifications:

1) The soul, in terms of Bay law, shall include both the body and account of the owner. You'll have to relinquish any part that was taken, as there was never a Bay challenge that required the owner to forfeit.
Please be specific. Should Book lose, what is it that you claim ownership to? Account password, avatar, worldy possessions or something else?

2) I would never use any such methods, assuming it were agreed upon. I have my honor to uphold, sir. Not only that, but many chess sites have time limits to discourage such utilities.
Agreed in principle, but cumbersome in practice. Speed chess is different from Tournament conditions. Were we to agree on chess, I'd posit at least a 120m/game or 90/40 controls, and most points out of a six-game tourney, with tie-breakers after if needed.

3) Of course. I shall choose Toaster and Jim Groovester. The other two are far too busy for Bay challenges.
Please clarify: you need to agree on one single arbiter of unchallenged honour to adjudicate the result, from the five I mentioned. You may also choose up to two aides-de-camp to assist you or take over should you withdraw, from the entire universe of B12 players.

4)Ah yes. I do, in fact, still hold the title of King of the Mafia. Technically, no one has attempted to challenge me for the title, so I both own it, and it is fair game.
I'd posit, unless you disagree, that it's the title that you're betting, not the ability to contend for it. If you lose, I become King of the Mafia, though I'll be willing to stipulate an immediate game to follow for me to defend my newly acquired title.

No challenge goes unaccepted! Name your game!
This is an important and interesting choice, so I will ponder it, and it must be agreed as honourable by whoever you choose as impartial arbiter from the previous list.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2011, 09:48:36 pm »

Please be specific. Should Book lose, what is it that you claim ownership to? Account password, avatar, worldy possessions or something else?
... Hmm, I suppose I'll have to fight for something, now won't I? Fine. since Zathras is clearly your slave, you release him from such clutches. Also, you say, as quoted:

That should be fair.

Agreed in principle, but cumbersome in practice. Speed chess is different from Tournament conditions. Were we to agree on chess, I'd posit at least a 120m/game or 90/40 controls, and most points out of a six-game tourney, with tie-breakers after if needed.
Well, if you're going to make it tournament style... I was assuming this challenge was rather simpler and not taking more than an hour.

Please clarify: you need to agree on one single arbiter of unchallenged honour to adjudicate the result, from the five I mentioned. You may also choose up to two aides-de-camp to assist you or take over should you withdraw, from the entire universe of B12 players.
Ah, my bad. I skipped over the last bit. Toaster shall do for the arbiter. As for two aides-de-camp... I shall pick any Mafians that volunteer. Should none volunteer, I shall go through the challenge with none.

I'd posit, unless you disagree, that it's the title that you're betting, not the ability to contend for it. If you lose, I become King of the Mafia, though I'll be willing to stipulate an immediate game to follow for me to defend my newly acquired title.
Of course. If you win, you become the new owner of the King of the Mafia title. I was merely showing that the title has never been contested and is therefore able to be challenged for.

This is an important and interesting choice, so I will ponder it, and it must be agreed as honourable by whoever you choose as impartial arbiter from the previous list.
Fair enough.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14