Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Darling, you gotta let me know: should I Stay or should I Go?  (Read 27406 times)

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
Re: The Challenge for Zathras' Soul / King of the Mafia is ON!
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2011, 10:27:01 pm »

Ok. I should be able to do one or two evenings during the week, no problem. We'll figure it out over PM.
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2011, 10:45:49 pm »

I'm best in the evening after ~10 PM EST, but you don't really need me there, right?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2011, 10:49:09 pm »

But it seems the stakes are rather low on your side.
If Web loses, he can no longer even claim to have once had the title King of the Mafia. This includes quoting and other trickery.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2011, 10:51:23 pm »

After 10PM EST works for me. And, in principle, yes, the arbiter should be there in case any shenanigans or disagreements occur (not that I think it likely, but it's the principle of the thing). On the other hand, if you really would rather not or will be too busy or find chess too boring, we can just let you know after the fact; it's not like we're deciding how to partition the Ottoman Empire...

PPE: Zai, I meant the other way around; he seems to be asking little of me if I lose. Can you think of anything else I can concede to him if I lose? Also, I oppose your Soviet Revisionism proposal. Regardless of what happens, it will always be the case that web was King of the Mafia since the time of that old game to the moment he loses it. No rewriting history, please.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2011, 11:43:25 pm »

Book, that gives me a thought- Web can be the Sick Man of the Mafia Forum to replace his title should he lose.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2011, 11:51:20 pm »

Heheh... we can do better than that. He'll become "The Lemon-Sucking LOL-tard of the Mafia"!

No, I think stripping him of the title is an onerous enough risk for his side. Certainly more valuable than what he has asked in return, which is why I asked him if there's anything else Book or Zathras can put on the table to make it a more balanced bet. You guys are welcome to add suggestions, but they must be agreed by him (and then by me).

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2011, 03:25:54 am »

If Book loses, he has to buy Webadict a prostitute.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2011, 08:31:17 am »

If Book loses, he has to buy Webadict a prostitute.
Err... No thanks. But at least you're thinking?

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2011, 05:19:20 pm »

It's going down tonight!

The challenge for Zathras' Soul and the King of the Mafia title is on, and will be decided tonight. The field of battle is chess.com, the time is 10:00PM EST (7:00PM PST) barring any last minute changes.

We'll play for best of three games, side colours to be decided randomly, and a fast-ish time control (60/g or 30/g, depending on how we feel). If for any reason we're not done tonight, we'll schedule a follow on session, probably tomorrow.

If you want to come cheer, boo, laugh or whatever, join the chess.com site, and add "webadict" and "b12-book" to your friends list. After it's done, I'll post here the results and the games.

See you on the battlefield, your Majesty!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2011, 11:33:00 pm »

Point: Webadict!

Zathras shall soon be freed!

Also, Book will admit his love of the show Jersey Shore.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2011, 11:33:58 pm »

The King of the Mafia made a valiant defence of his title! But it ain't over.

We were able to play only one game today, so two more to go. The game started quite even, several traps were laid and avoided by both sides, and well into the game the material was quite equal.

Then, around move 20, Wuba managed to dislodge the Black king from its place. It seemed bad for Book, but he managed to maintain a decent defence... until five moves later when he stupidly stepped into a knight fork and lost a rook. It all went downhill from there.

Wuba pressed his luck, paying little attention to the clock. Even with decisive material gains, his clock dwindled into less than two minutes without a clear route to mate, but he managed to complete the exchanges, and race a pawn to crowning in the nick of time.

Wuba won the first game with only forty-eight seconds left on his clock.

Good show, your Majesty! I will have to trounce you twice in a row to win this challenge. We will continue tomorrow, at the same place and time.

The match was witnessed and validated as fair by Toaster, our noble arbiter. You are all welcome to join us for the next session to see this challenge through. The game is copied below.

[Event "The Challenge for Zathras' Soul / King of the Mafia. Game one of three."]
[Date "2011.02.16"]
[White "webadict"]
[Black "b12-book"]
[Result "1-0"]
[TimeControl "30|0"]
[Termination "webadict won by checkmate"]

1.c4 e5 2.Nc3 Nf6 3.e4 Bb4 4.Nf3 Nc6 5.d4 exd4 6.Nxd4 Nxe4 7.Qf3 Qe7 8.Nf5 Qe5 9.Nxg7+ Qxg7 10.Qxe4+ Ne7 11.Bd2 f5 12.Qf4 d6 13.Nb5 Bxd2+ 14.Qxd2 Nc6 15.Qc3 Qe7+ 16.Be2 Rg8 17.O-O Qg7 18.Qxg7 Rxg7 19.Rae1 Ne5 20.Bh5+ Kd7 21.c5 Kc6 22.Be8+ Bd7 23.Bxd7+ Nxd7 24.Nd4+ Kd5 25.Ne6 Re7 26.Nf4+ Kxc5 27.Rxe7 Nf6 28.Rxc7+ Kb6 29.Rf7 Ne4 30.Rxf5 Rc8 31.Nd5+ Kc5 32.Rc1+ Kd4 33.Rxc8 b6 34.Nf6 Nc5 35.Rd5+ Kc4 36.Rxd6 Kb5 37.f4 Nb7 38.Rd5+ Nc5 39.Nd7 Kc4 40.Rdxc5+ bxc5 41.Rxc5+ Kd4 42.f5 a5 43.f6 a4 44.f7 a3 45.bxa3 Ke4 46.f8=Q h5 47.Qf5+ Kd4 48.Qe5+ Kd3 49.Rc3+ Kd2 50.Qe3+ Kd1 51.Rc1# 1-0

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2011, 11:39:15 pm »

I confirm this game.  The match stands 1-0 in favor of webadict.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2011, 11:54:06 pm »

Well

Whatever grumbling there was about the Zathras --> Book thing seems to have died down and almost everyone has acclimated seamlessly to the change.

However, chess is awesome.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2011, 02:07:30 am »

I still type Zathras instead of Book sometimes, I just generally catch it and correct the mistake.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2011, 12:25:42 pm »

Sounds like you're pretty evenly matched.  I would've come along and watched, but it was 3 o clock on a school night... eh, I have holiday next week.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14