Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

ACTUAL PLAYERS ONLY. What days can you game? (Choose all that you can make)

8pm GMT Fridays
- 7 (46.7%)
8pm GMT Saturdays
- 3 (20%)
4pm GMT Sundays
- 5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: February 19, 2011, 04:59:05 am

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34

Author Topic: [D&D 3.5] Red Hand of Doom. Drop-kicking a dragon in a 100-foot chasm.  (Read 44642 times)

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: [D&D 3.5] Interest Check for Red Hand of Doom Maptools game.
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2011, 12:14:38 pm »

I intended to make a rogue out of one of these: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Bleu_Naga_%283.5e_Race%29

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2011, 12:23:18 pm »

Hmm. Do you have a source for it that isn't that infernal website? DandDwiki is... well, crap, except for the things that got taken from other places. And even then, you can't be sure it hasn't been edited.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2011, 12:31:59 pm »

I'm sorry, I don't know. I don't know of very many sites that have homebrew races.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2011, 12:43:25 pm »

I'll poke around the internets, see what I can find.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2011, 01:48:28 pm »

Double post, but meh.

Fortis, I'm afraid I'm going to say no the the Naga.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2011, 02:42:21 pm »

Ok finished the Character, I'll be making the backstory up in a moment. A few things first.

Akigagak I'll be sending you a Pm with some extra stuff that has to do with Rothil, mostly backstory descriptions and such.
The second thing is do you enforce the need for food on travels or no? I know some DMs do and some don't just asking your preference on that part.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=273662

Edit: forgot to add the link... Also please double check my magical item prices, I am not sure I calculated the Armor and Weapons value correctly..
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 02:53:33 pm by mission0 »
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2011, 02:54:50 pm »

Eh, not really. Basically, food will abstracted out, and it'll be assumed that you always have enough food unless you haven't visited any towns or villages for like a week. So if you're planning on a longer trip you'll buy extra food, but whenever you visit a town you'll get up to 7 days food free.

Wow, that sentence got mangled. I hope it's clear, I don't want to write it again.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2011, 03:01:42 pm »

Edit: forgot to add the link... Also please double check my magical item prices, I am not sure I calculated the Armor and Weapons value correctly..

Uh, yeah.

+1 Studded Leather would be 1175gp, so you over-egged it a bit. (Masterwork armour is only +150 gp.)

The +1 Shock Rapier, though... Should be 8320gp. (320gp for base weapon, +1 Enhancement Bonus is 2000, Second +1 (Shock in this case) bonus would make it 8000.) Explained here.

You could afford a straight +1 Rapier, though.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 03:03:27 pm by Akigagak »

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2011, 03:41:14 pm »

Ah well, that's fine. I'll work something else out. What races do you allow?

Never mind, I decided to go with one of the basic races. Anyway, I need a bit of help making the magical items. How does one go about calculating the price for enchanted weapons and armor? Say if I wanted to make a +1 sickle with the flaming enchantment

Edit again: Nevermind, I need to learn how to read, the answer was right there...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 05:47:58 pm by Fortis »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2011, 06:24:23 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 04:12:34 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2011, 06:28:53 pm »

No Warforged.

FUUUUUUUUUU-

I kid. But seriously, I think I'll withdraw from saying I'm interested. It looks fun but there's a ton of other people who want in and since I'm not even sure if I'd really be able to participate all the time, I'll not be holding anyone else back.
Ah well. Maybe next times.
Good luck to you, and may you not die too terribly painfully to whatever Red-Handed Doom* apparently awaits you.

*If that's not the final boss then convey my disappointment to whoever wrote the adventure.
See, no luck there. I did say "no Warforged."

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2011, 07:17:23 pm »

Ok it's fixed, I also didn't even add up the numbers right the first time so I had somehow lost 1000gp in the first calculation. Should be good now. Dropped the shock enhancement and the Currency that I have now should be correct.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2011, 07:22:22 pm »

Okay, I've got a rogue made up. Would you look over it and make sure I didn't make any glaring errors?

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=273795

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2011, 07:41:04 pm »

Ok I have to ask, you have a few skill points in hide but none in Move Silently? Was there a reason for that? Just seemed odd.

The only real errors that I am picking up are minor ones, like you need to put in how much money you have left and what languages you know.

Also if you are interested Pm me, we could work on some background that connects our two characters. Both are stealthy types.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2011, 07:50:07 pm »

Also, there is no Ring of Dexterity, +1 or otherwise. It only comes in Gloves, and not in +odd numbers.

Also, I notice you haven't given the sources for these things.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34