Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 14465 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #165 on: October 09, 2011, 12:42:06 am »

Well, today the new map with vehicles and such opened up. It really makes me look better on the game. The map is quite large, making the interplay between the vehicles and infantry even more interesting.

As for my strategy, I use the support class' C4, place 5 on a jeep's hood, then make a bee-line for the nearest enemy tank. Jump out shortly before hitting the tank, detonate the C4, and you get 250-350 points and 1 or 2 kills if you didn't get shot before detonating it. And best of all, your teammates will be free of an enemy tank. Even when it was only me doing it, I could almost lock down enemy tanks from leaving their base simply because the jeeps respawn and can be brought up to the front lines so much more rapidly.

Jets seem pretty much useless for now, though I haven't seen any of their unlockable weaponry, helicopters are very difficult to use correctly, but seem to be pretty lethal if you do. Jeeps are great for fast transport and anti-tank exploding, tanks feel like tanks without being overpowered, and the mobile anti-aircraft is decent at both aircraft and extreme range killing of enemy tanks.

You managed to get Caspian Border to play without the server lagging to death? I tried playing for an hour or so last night and it had short lag spikes every five seconds or so. Made flying jets absolutely hopeless.
The trick is to choose your server. Assuming PC version, go to the server selection menu and set the search setting to North America region and Caspian Border map. Servers without punkbuster have worked well for me. Servers from other regions seem to be piles of steaming horse turds and have aforementioned lag; just join servers on the list until you find a good one that works well for you.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 09, 2011, 04:02:02 am »

Metro: I constantly go things like 3-10 on the first and last sections because there are too many damn snipers. Also, every single fucking spawn beacon always ends up on a cliff in the middle of nowhere. Then we get to the tunnels and I go 10-3 because the playerbase is utterly retarded. That or I end the match with 0-16, all of which is against a sniper who goes 93-0 using only a knife and has time to type "Another jewish dog put down" between every kill.

Caspian: Spawn in base, walk towards tank, get sniped. See sniper sitting on the very top of the fucking tower on the far side of the map. Repeat for a few times. Then I spawn on a teammate and find out that my squad's 3 recons are all even further away from the action then me. In 4 rounds on that shitpile, I have killed about 3 guys and gotten sniped by a muzzle sticking out of a rock/guy outside draw distance at least 30 times. I also put c4 on a tank, which somehow only killed me and not the tank despite being at a safe distance.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 09, 2011, 07:44:38 am »

While flying jets: I am a leaf on the wind.

While driving tanks: OH GOD WHYS IT TIPPING OVER?

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 19, 2011, 03:39:57 pm »

Only a simple mind can be certain.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 19, 2011, 03:52:19 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQR49JGySTM

anyone else poop a little?

"Ah! It went right past my ear! [Pain sounds and censored swearing]!"

:D

That must be so awesome to play, insanely scary, but oh so awesome. This comes to mind. It seems we're close...
Entropy is not what it used to be.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 19, 2011, 10:07:44 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQR49JGySTM

anyone else poop a little?

"Ah! It went right past my ear! [Pain sounds and censored swearing]!"

:D

That must be so awesome to play, insanely scary, but oh so awesome. This comes to mind. It seems we're close...

Oh god. That would be so sick with ArmA 2
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 19, 2011, 10:29:19 pm »

just completed building my new computer for BF3. Can't express how excited I am. BF1942, BF2 and the original Team Fortress occupied much of my youth, now BF3 will consume the rest.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2011, 05:48:53 am »

just completed building my new computer for BF3. Can't express how excited I am. BF1942, BF2 and the original Team Fortress occupied much of my youth, now BF3 will consume the rest.

I'm exactly in the same boat, except that I finished mine about two months or so ago. I don't think I've ever been this pleased with the performance of a computer, it runs like a dream.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2011, 06:01:50 am »

I built a brand new computer about 5 months ago, pretty much solely to get this game on PC. Happily, this had shifted my focus back to pc gaming again. So, thank you Battlefield 3! You made me a PC gamer again!!

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2011, 03:38:03 pm »

yup, we seem to be in a sweetspot of pc technology with great performance and reasonable prices. I got an I5-2500k for $219 and have it oc'ed stable at 4.9GHZ, awesome performance/price ratio.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 24, 2011, 02:22:07 pm »

Locked and loaded, waiting for the order to fire. Expected at 3am EDT.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 24, 2011, 02:24:56 pm »

Glad I have it preloaded! My friend was going on and on the other day about the evils of Origin, and how it steals your computer data and sells it to peole. to which I say sure, cool, do that, I'ma go shoot people now!

HA! REBUTAL!

Anyways, less than 12 hours! (although I work, so you know, more like just over 24 hours for me).

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 24, 2011, 03:26:47 pm »

Locked and loaded, waiting for the order to fire. Expected at 3am EDT.

You lucky American bastards, getting it two days before we do. >:(

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 24, 2011, 03:36:12 pm »

you lucky Europeans get a better version than we do since there is usually a day 1 or 2 patch to fix the buggy releases. But yes, I do get to play sooner. Sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16