Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 14456 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #135 on: June 19, 2011, 12:53:43 am »

But does that copy register on steam?

It won't be on steam.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 19, 2011, 01:14:09 am »

The correct question is: will that copy register on Origin? And the answer is most likely yes.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 19, 2011, 01:31:22 am »

just checked the live help at EA. They also told me it will be available through steam....they did try to talk me into ordering from origin though.

http://i52.tinypic.com/6st5df.jpg begining

http://i53.tinypic.com/346ojy9.jpg end

If you trust some random dude from EA livechat/steam forums, it apparently will eventually be on steam

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 19, 2011, 01:33:07 am »

just checked the live help at EA. They also told me it will be available through steam....they did try to talk me into ordering from origin though.

http://i52.tinypic.com/6st5df.jpg begining

http://i53.tinypic.com/346ojy9.jpg end

If you trust some random dude from EA livechat/steam forums, it apparently will eventually be on steam

Yeah I highly doubt it will be on steam, considering the same reason Crysis 2, etc got kicked, it would break steams new DD rules.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 19, 2011, 01:35:48 am »

If anything it'll be up for at least a bit. I honestly think a decision to keep BF3 off steam is going to lose sales and profit for both sides.

But then again, I just read through steam's forums and I feel like I need a shot of whiskey.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 18, 2011, 02:16:49 pm »

So I figured I'd bump this with the latest, most-epic, symphony-fueled trailer yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDDfPxF3EFE&feature=player_embedded

In other news, if you were bothered about the 3d spotting in BFBC2, or in the alpha build, you'll be pleased to know they've tweaked it according to community feedback and it's apparently a lot different now. How, exactly, people aren't quite yet sure.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2011, 10:15:36 am »

See, This is what I've been waiting for all these years! It's all about the massive 64 player battles!!! Beautiful game.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2011, 12:48:17 pm »

So, open beta for this starts tomorrow (early access started yesterday for some people) so I'm bumping this thread. Does anyone have early access? If so, how does the game play?

I personally can't wait for tomorrow to try it for myself.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 28, 2011, 12:58:57 pm »

Since getting RO2, my enthusiasm for BF3 has really turned. I mean, I'm still excited it for it, but not for the reasons I originally was.

First off, there's been so much BS and controversy over Origin, I feel about as bad buying BF3 as I do buying a Ubisoft title right now. Possibly even worse.

Second, the hype machine took off and went straight to the moon. At first it was like "Haha, dinosaurs, you guys get it." Then commercials playing Jay-Z started popping up and the game starts marketing itself exactly like CoD does: to the lowest common denominator.

Third, the beta is only Rush mode on a single map. Squad Rush has never been the most popular game mode out there in BC2, and while I know it makes sense to lead with that in Beta, it's not putting the game's best foot forward at all. People somehow hacked their way into a Caspian Something server DICE had running, and said the game is more fun there. Still. EA's hand is being felt heavily with this one, and the more I look at BF3, the more I see BC2.5. To the degree that, I'm not pre-ordering anymore and I'm not a day 1 one buy either. The $60 price tag also kind of pisses me off. Am I playing on a 360? No. Why am I paying 360 prices for it?

Fourth, is because I know this launch is going to be a titanic headache. Origin is brand new, their DRM is brand new, the whole infrastructure behind BF3 is new. They're already at or above 1 million preorders. It's going to be a cluster fuck if every DICE game ever released is any benchmark. BC2 had a rocky release and it's half the size in scope that BF3 is. I just don't have the patience for it atm. Not after RO2's release.

So yeah. At this point three things interest me greatly. Jets, destructible terrain and the single player campaign. I'm getting my 64 player fix in RO2, and prone, and a hell of a lot of realism I know I'll never get in BF3, and that's significantly cut down my reasons for wanting it. I like graphics, they're good for immersion....but the MP aspect of it no longer holds as much appeal.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 01:03:42 pm by nenjin »

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2011, 01:06:39 pm »

Destructible terrain. In a city.

That alone has me sold. Yes, I am being a fool for doing so, but at least it's destructible terrain NOT in the middle of fucking nowhere. (Red Faction Guerrilla, cough cough)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 28, 2011, 01:29:03 pm »

Game so far looks too CoD, probably because of the Squad Rush being the only mode people get to play but still.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 28, 2011, 01:37:21 pm »

I have to say, I'm loving it (in the early access, preorderd it). It feels more battlefield to me than the BC series (didn't play much of them btw). I find it just feels great and looks great. I was skeptical of Origin as well, but all it does is boot the game. Oddly, it doesn't start the game, it links you to battlelog.battlefield.com (not sure if you even need to boot from origin). There is no menu, you browser servers, launch games, and even launch the single player campaign from your web browser. It works a lot better than most in game game browsers, and the game boots quickly once you join. No intros, no splashes, and it loads faster than any other PC game i've played in a while.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 28, 2011, 01:41:34 pm »

I'm looking foward to playing this tomorrow :D

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 28, 2011, 01:50:49 pm »

I was frustrated at first, as I kept getting mown down. Then I remebered I wasn't playing CoD, took it a bit slower, and started doing much better. You need caution and teamwork to do well in this one, not just speed and reflexs. This is causing a lot of complaints, which I contribute to modern fps' in general, aiming towards fast games and faster gameplay.
My favourite feature so far has to be the little things. 1, jumping over obsticles triggers a vault, a little detail that ramps up immersion so much, makes getting around quick as well, as the vault keeps your sprint going. (also, sprint is unlimited, as is fitting for a large game). Second is the bi-pods, basiclly, if you aim down the scope while prone, or near an obsticle near your elbow height, you'll automatcially use the bipod to temporairly mount your gun, so much fun!

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 28, 2011, 02:03:43 pm »

@ the people complaining about price... why didn't any of you shop around? I got my copy for 43 dollars..
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16