Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148528 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #780 on: October 08, 2012, 07:34:50 pm »

So I did a bunch of multiplayer today.

I did the gargoyles two times on my Zweihander Wielder. Poor summoner #1 didn't expect me to two-shot it, I think.
The second person, I decided to use Pyromancy so he would have a chance to fight.

I did the Moonlight Butterfly. Owned it along with another guy who had pyromancy. I took it down from half health with one Zweihander swing when it landed.

I used all my cracked red eye orbs today, too.
The people I ended up fighting we're obviously on their NG+. I got killed by one guy in channeler gear. Killed by two guys with gravelord swords. And one guy who got invaded right as I got summoned to help him with the gargoyles.

After that I decided to make a Sorcerer, as Multiplayer died down at level 35 for me at the Undead Parish, and Darkroot Garden on my Zweihanderer.

I think i'm gonna go Sunbros with my Zweihanderer, after two more boss fights.

I did the Taurus Demon a couple X amount of times. I have like, 120k souls on my level 10 char right now, xD.
I'm going to do a High-Dex Magical Pew Pew sort of thing with this char.
Thinking i'll do Darkstalkers with him her.

Im stuck between using a Dagger, for the crits, or a Scimitar, for the damage, on my Sorc.

I got summoned by a guy on NG+ on my level 10 Sorc, too. Or he just modded his enemies to have obscenely high health and damage.

Thats about it for me.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 08, 2012, 09:57:04 pm »

So, I need some advice.  Like I mentioned before, I'm Oswald.  Int-based miracle user (Velka's talisman) with Velka's rapier and enchanted parrying dagger.  That leaves my alternate weapon slot, which I'm planning on being a +15 I can cast Darkmoon Blade on.  It should probably be something with a high crit since I've got a parrying dagger.  Mail breaker is pretty stylish, bandit knife is obviously the best but what Pardoner would be caught dead with something like that?

Is mail breaker good for the above purpose?  It's got shitty range, but if I'm just backstab/riposte fishing...  I already cleared the lizards in Hollow without a single slab, it's looking like I'm gonna have to kill Stray Demon just to get one easy one, and I don't to blow it on mail breaker if it sucks
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 08, 2012, 10:02:34 pm »

The weapon with the best critical bonus is the Dark Silver Tracer, which just so happens to be a dagger.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 08, 2012, 10:12:07 pm »

The Dark Silver Tracer can't be enchanted however... All in all you will lose about 50-100 per back stab using the mail breaker however A: it looks better and B: player will be less aware of it so it really matter just how much looks matter to you I say upgrade them to +14 and try them out the mail breaker has a different back-stab/parry move set.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 08, 2012, 10:22:21 pm »

Noooo stop talking about the DLC contents. :'(
Can't you keep it in till the DLC comes out this month?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 08, 2012, 10:23:20 pm »

I'm also an int-based build, I max out at 16 dex, which is why I'm using Velka's rapier and darkmoon blade
Shoes...

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 09, 2012, 04:45:05 am »

In my opinion, I would go with the Mail Breaker. It's the best looking option you have that has decent critting abilities.

Also, *Sigh*. Is the lag in this game always this bad in PvP?

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 09, 2012, 08:32:23 am »

In my opinion, I would go with the Mail Breaker. It's the best looking option you have that has decent critting abilities.

Also, *Sigh*. Is the lag in this game always this bad in PvP?

Often enough, yeah.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 09, 2012, 11:25:48 am »

Bye bye Dark Souls.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: October 09, 2012, 12:03:38 pm »

I'm actually having a game now where I'm regularly on the winning side of lagstabs.  That, or the other guys aren't locked on and being really shitty about their maneuvers, because they're exposing their backs all the time.
Shoes...

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 09, 2012, 04:33:31 pm »

Did some more multiplayer, on my new Sorcerer.
It was pretty fun. Did Undead Burg a few times, and I got help with the gargoyles from a german sunbro.
I'm amazed at how easy it is to get a bunch of souls online, compared to single-player.

EDIT: Decided to go with a Scimitar, over a dagger, for now. I rescued Griggs, got Great Soul Arrow and Magic Weapon.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 07:18:44 pm by Facekillz058 »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 10, 2012, 11:32:08 am »

Last night Oswald visited the forest.  You can all guess how that went.

Thank God there was one good player who kept invading me, because I'd decided to play until I ran out of humanity and if it weren't for her I'd have been there all night.  Had my first four-way fight.  Me, a Forest Hunter, a Darkwraith, and the Bandit.  I won, hell yeah.  Plus the occasional 2v1, I didn't realize just how awesome fast rolling (Not flippy, just regular 25% roll) was until my guy started pulling Matrix shit
Shoes...

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 10, 2012, 04:21:01 pm »

The Soultrix, starring Oswald of Carim, and his merry band of invaders.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 10, 2012, 04:36:54 pm »

I just killed that armored boar via firebombs and arrows. I had to go back for etuses, I really hope that fucker doesn't respawn.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 10, 2012, 04:57:25 pm »

He doesn't.
I killed him by stabbing him in the ass with a dagger, xD.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 127