Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148280 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #420 on: August 29, 2012, 05:39:57 pm »

Crossbow actually makes a good early range weapon. It has no stat scaling so you only need to upgrade it. You can't manually aim it like a bow but you can work around that with the binoculars.

Also, lightning crossbows are over-rated, stick to +15 crossbow.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 29, 2012, 07:04:38 pm »

So... 

Dex-based Darkwraith wanderer with lifehunt scythe, the rBleed shield, and Dark Armor.  Viable?  Maybe get the armor and then go Gravelord servant just to look badass?
Shoes...

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 29, 2012, 07:12:44 pm »

This game sounds pretty cool,
Do you think it would be worth canceling the pre-order i have on Bioshock: Infinite and getting this?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 29, 2012, 07:26:40 pm »

Do you think it would be worth canceling the pre-order i have on Bioshock: Infinite and getting this?

Yup!
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 29, 2012, 08:16:42 pm »

I am eagerly awaiting Bioshock Infinite and I say yes. This game is better than any games that have been and will be released recently. Of course, if you don't want to die hundreds thousands of times, you should probably stick to Bioshock.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 29, 2012, 09:11:28 pm »

Tips for the Dragon on the bridge? I found a workable strategy up until the point he does a downward face breath attack, it seems to one shot me no matter how many HPs I have at the moment. I put a serious hurting on during one attempt and thought "hey this is doable." And then he breath weapon'd me as I was running away. Apparently the attack just kills you outright if it hits you.

So yeah, am I missing something?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 29, 2012, 09:15:04 pm »

So yeah, am I missing something?
Other than that you're not really supposed to fight it, no, you don't seem to be missing much. Why are you fighting it?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 29, 2012, 09:17:44 pm »

Because it makes me mad and when I hit it damage numbers pop up. Ergo, it must die.

Also I've been reading a FAQ and it says he can die. So there's that. That one recommended shooting it with a bow about 8 times. I don't have a bow so.....yeah. I'm moving out of the Undead Parish and want to tie up loose ends.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 29, 2012, 09:29:24 pm »

I've been reading a FAQ and it says he can die.
I respect this reason.
I haven't seriously tried fighting it, but have you tried standing near the stairs? You can dodge down there to avoid the breath. Shooting it with a bow only 8 times will not kill it. 800 probably would, but not 8.
Some specific strategies here, though you've probably read them already.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 29, 2012, 09:31:14 pm »

Light/no armour and the most powerful weapon you can wield in two hands.  It's possible to dodge the flame attacks (rolling to the right seemed to get the best results) and block/dodge the rest while scoring the occasional well timed hit.  Just keep moving and hope for the best.  It'll be a lot easier once you have a decent lightning weapon though.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 29, 2012, 09:45:56 pm »

I've been reading a FAQ and it says he can die.
I respect this reason.
I haven't seriously tried fighting it, but have you tried standing near the stairs? You can dodge down there to avoid the breath. Shooting it with a bow only 8 times will not kill it. 800 probably would, but not 8.
Some specific strategies here, though you've probably read them already.

Well, watching the video there made sense. I was doing that only at the other end of the bridge near the bonfire, rushing him as a he got close and running back and shielding in the side spots. So no stairwell....and about -30 levels and all the awesome weaponry :P I think my way is more fun and fair to the dragon....were it not for his completely random and very quick "everything within sprinting distance dies instantly" attack.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 30, 2012, 03:49:56 am »

The only time I killed that stupid dragon was with a bow. Took between 150 and 200 arrows total and a lot of time... also it seems to only be possible on the first playthrough, but I think others might disagree with me. The dragon does heal, and your arrows only seem to be able to outpace the healing on the first playthrough.

Normally I grab the tail with arrows if I want it and ignore it otherwise. You don't NEED to kill it... if you want to get past it, lure it down onto the bridge and then run between it's legs... usually you can make it to the bonfire on the other side of him before he turns around.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 30, 2012, 08:51:23 am »

The only time I killed that stupid dragon was with a bow. Took between 150 and 200 arrows total and a lot of time... also it seems to only be possible on the first playthrough, but I think others might disagree with me. The dragon does heal, and your arrows only seem to be able to outpace the healing on the first playthrough.

Normally I grab the tail with arrows if I want it and ignore it otherwise. You don't NEED to kill it... if you want to get past it, lure it down onto the bridge and then run between it's legs... usually you can make it to the bonfire on the other side of him before he turns around.

Suffer not the Dragon to live.

Tibbz2

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 30, 2012, 10:48:26 am »

Shoved on Havel's armour and upgraded my zweihander to lightning +2... This feel ridiculously over powered, so fun! Takes down just about everything in 2 hits or less :p

Went to fight the hydra and it was just 1 hit per head to lop them off... Shame it won't be of much use for S.Ornstein later :(
THE DEMONS ESCAPED MY ICE TRAP AND NOW MY LAST WARRIOR IS SMACKING THEM ALL DOWN WITH HER DECEASED TODDLER OH GOD THE BOOZE JUST EXPLODED AND THERE'S SMOKE AND FIRE EVERYWHERE JESUS CHRIST.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 30, 2012, 10:55:33 am »

Yeah, I don't think I could use Zweihander just because it's such a no-brainer for big guy builds.  I got my winged spear up to +5 on a Parish-grinding run and the difference is like night and day.  Just for fun I cracked-orb invaded once in upper undead burg and fucked the guy up.  Did like 10% of his HP even when his shield was up and since it was a spear he couldn't take advantage of the stagger.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 127