Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148200 times)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #1500 on: June 19, 2013, 12:26:57 pm »

PvP lag makes it really hard to dodge shots without specific practice.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: June 19, 2013, 12:33:56 pm »

Wait out the iron flesh, wog, pivot backstab, unlocking your camera makes it hard to hit you with a bow.

Can't you just roll under the arrows? (forward dodge) greatbows are slow, and if you can get close and get an opening, you should be good
Also, toxic mist. acid cloud!
And the bow-wielder gets hit.  That's the point of all the poise though.  They take a hit and then you take an arrow to the face.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: June 19, 2013, 12:46:30 pm »

Wait out the iron flesh, wog, pivot backstab, unlocking your camera makes it hard to hit you with a bow.

Can't you just roll under the arrows? (forward dodge) greatbows are slow, and if you can get close and get an opening, you should be good
Also, toxic mist. acid cloud!
And the bow-wielder gets hit.  That's the point of all the poise though.  They take a hit and then you take an arrow to the face.

Hence the acid/toxic cloud :D
either way, now I'm suddenly wanting to make a character to wield the demon greathammer/dragon tooth/that thing that leroy uses just to deal with that.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: June 19, 2013, 12:53:21 pm »

If nothing else works, just run/hide.  Iron Flesh is temporary.

Also backstabs break infinite poise.  I'm not sure how iron flesh effects it but wog will stagger a high poise opponent which is much worse than being knocked down.  That's when you unlock and backstab.
Shoes...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: June 19, 2013, 12:56:15 pm »

Never played multiplayer, but won't iron flesh make him move a lot slower? Should be easy to run behind and backstab if you don't lock on. Unless of course he's wearing a greatshield on his back...

For my second character, I was thinking of doing a challenge build, not knowing if I have the skill: Dual Balder Shields. Should be decent damage, fully upgraded.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: June 19, 2013, 01:07:39 pm »

Never played multiplayer, but won't iron flesh make him move a lot slower? Should be easy to run behind and backstab if you don't lock on. Unless of course he's wearing a greatshield on his back...

For my second character, I was thinking of doing a challenge build, not knowing if I have the skill: Dual Balder Shields. Should be decent damage, fully upgraded.
Aiming a bow in lock-on sort of circumvents movement speed, as you kinda 'rotate in place' and aim at the enemy.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: June 19, 2013, 01:18:09 pm »

Well, when he's actually drawing the bow, that prevents him from rotating, right? You probably need to stick close, try to provoke a shot, then break lock when he draws and get behind him. Probably will only work once, though, since he's a real human.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: June 19, 2013, 01:21:29 pm »

Well, when he's actually drawing the bow, that prevents him from rotating, right? You probably need to stick close, try to provoke a shot, then break lock when he draws and get behind him. Probably will only work once, though, since he's a real human.
I'm not saying that it's invincible, just that it's a devious idea that puts you on a defensive position that cannot be parried and is ready to use a ranged attack in case of magic.  Done right, it'll catch people totally off-guard and you can lay into them.  A +5 Greatbow is significant damage.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: June 19, 2013, 01:23:44 pm »

Someone gets hit with DSGB at close range, I'd imagine that'd leave them open to getting whacked with something very large as they stand up, too.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: June 19, 2013, 01:30:29 pm »

Someone gets hit with DSGB at close range, I'd imagine that'd leave them open to getting whacked with something very large as they stand up, too.
Fun thing about greatbows, they cause knockback even on greatshields, and will knock anyone to the ground who isn't blocking.  So yeah, if you get a hit in, and then follow it up with one of the AOE swords, you can deal tremendous damage.

And get indicted.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: June 19, 2013, 06:01:06 pm »

Gwyn isn't a very fun boss fight. Too repetitive. I can't fight him more than a couple times in a row without getting bored and turning to something else.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: June 19, 2013, 06:07:05 pm »

If he's the final boss, how are you fighting him many times in a row?

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: June 19, 2013, 06:08:30 pm »

Dying.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: June 19, 2013, 07:12:16 pm »

Put on the heaviest armor you have and cast iron flesh.  Just stand there and try your best to parry.  gg
Shoes...

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: June 19, 2013, 07:18:30 pm »

See, I did the exact opposite to beat him. Light armor, bullshit ninja flip ring, and never stop moving. :)

THE WALL

Oh that is the best thing ever. :P
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 127