Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Assassin's Creed 3?  (Read 1617 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Assassin's Creed 3?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 09:06:52 pm »

It was a second Ezio Auditore da Firenze game, called Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

Sorry. I couldn't stand it.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Shambling Zombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2011, 09:09:35 pm »

It was a second Ezio Auditore da Firenze game, called Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

Sorry. I couldn't stand it.

Thanks.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 09:38:08 pm »

1800s London would be awesome. Factories, smog, Enlightenment architecture. Awesomeness.
Yeah, Victorian London would be great (heck, it was a pretty good place for real killers >.>).  Plus there could be plenty of random historical figures to meet.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 09:39:21 pm »

I heard AC is also going for time periods that aren't usally visited by other games.

I have dougts about the industrial era, seeing as the game doesn't seem to be gunning for just a 3 game series. Female assassin has not been comfirmed of denied, so its worth considering.

And as for AC being more Desmon-based, considering the ending of AC Brotherhood, it seems Desmon is knocked up out. (Sorry, I just couldn't resist :P)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Woah woah woah, ok what? I lack Brotherhood, so can someone fill me in? I thought it was like that other  AC game, the other with altair for the second time that had a few story things but where easily picked up on in AC2, what the hell happened in Brotherhood?

I was working off this post which seems to state there is a second game featuring Altair.

I have Brotherhood
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2011, 09:39:41 pm »

Also, who says it can't take place BEFORE the other games?  It doesn't neccessarily have to move forwards.

Because of the meta-plot. The reason, stated in AC2, for the second game is "Desmond needs the skills of his ancestors to become an Assassin in the modern age." What's discovered at the end of AC2, like AC1, is more than that and really shows the reason for AC2 as a game is so....

So unless there's something they need to know that is revealed in a time before the renaissance or medieval times....the story has to move forward, both in the current timeline and in what they're dealing with. Especially since:

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 11:54:36 pm »

The second game featuring Altair was on the PSP. I played it, purely because I'm also a massive AC addict and NEED to know all of the story. It wasn't a great game at all, and it didn't really tell us anything new, but it did fill in some blanks about Altair's life after he got hold of the Artifact and started decyphering it.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2011, 12:12:30 am »

The second game featuring Altair was on the PSP. I played it, purely because I'm also a massive AC addict and NEED to know all of the story. It wasn't a great game at all, and it didn't really tell us anything new, but it did fill in some blanks about Altair's life after he got hold of the Artifact and started decyphering it.
Si, and the Codex of AC2 gave us the basics of what happened in it, I had assumed Brotherhood was like that, but for Ezio instead of Altair, now I learn some serious stuff when down and am utterly confused.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2011, 12:32:41 am »

Si, and the Codex of AC2 gave us the basics of what happened in it, I had assumed Brotherhood was like that, but for Ezio instead of Altair, now I learn some serious stuff when down and am utterly confused.

I may pick up a PSP to give that game a bash.  And yeah, Brotherhood is AC3 for all intents and purposes.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2011, 03:49:37 pm »

My personal hypothesis is that it will be some nice revolution style.
American Revolution will basically be the start, perhaps with the freemasons/templars of the new republic being the antagonist. Later, something will happen and there'll be some awesome french revolution main plotline. Then it'll probably end with some cleaning up of the big bad in early industrial London for good measure.
Pages: 1 [2]