Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Assassin's Creed 3?  (Read 1623 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Assassin's Creed 3?
« on: January 23, 2011, 06:23:50 pm »

Ok, here the explantion.

I am a big fan of Assassin's Creed. I have just finished brotherhood and have heard about Assassin's Creed 3. I want to spectulate in what time period it will be set in.

My money is on American Revolution, but WWI and the French Revolution are also likely. WWII has been denied by Ubisoft so its unlikely it will be set any time after it.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Assassin's Creed 3?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 06:28:52 pm »

Last I'd heard was WWII and staring a female character.....

So I guess that's out.

I think all bets are off. The last games end pretty much at the death of the medieval era which the series has made its name on. So that means game play has to get reimagined along some lines....guns, vehicles, a new take on climbing on ye olde buildings.

In terms of setting, my money would be on pre or early industrial London. So maybe WWI? I don't think the AC games care so much about what's going on historically at the time when they're planning they're games, they're all about setting first and then they work the politics in afterward. So rather than think keynote historical events guiding the next game....think settings. That's why money is on the Age of Steam power, or some early industrial setting.

Because I just can't picture the next Assassin running around in a leather vest, wearing a Tory wig, climbing up the side of the Towne Halle, and assassinating a guy with a musket or blunderbuss. I really can't.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 06:29:17 pm »

Actually, I really doubt it will be that far later...

Perhaps centered around Desmond more.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 06:32:31 pm »

I guess there is that. Since the EPIC PLOT ELEMENT has been revealed now and....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maybe the series will just go into the modern setting now, ala Splinter Cell. I find that hard to believe though. They put so much love into historical recreations, I can't believe they'd consign their team to doing sky scrapers and modern cities already.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 06:37:19 pm »

The 1700's with muskets, cannons, wooden ships, iron men and such would be pretty sweet, IMO. A very under-utilized time period, I think.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 06:41:16 pm »

A pirate-themed Assassin's Creed would be kinda fun.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 06:44:40 pm »

1800s London would be awesome. Factories, smog, Enlightenment architecture. Awesomeness.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 07:46:11 pm »

I heard AC is also going for time periods that aren't usally visited by other games.

I have dougts about the industrial era, seeing as the game doesn't seem to be gunning for just a 3 game series. Female assassin has not been comfirmed of denied, so its worth considering.

And as for AC being more Desmon-based, considering the ending of AC Brotherhood, it seems Desmon is knocked up out. (Sorry, I just couldn't resist :P)

Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 07:50:06 pm »

I haven't played Brotherhood but...

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 07:50:56 pm »

I heard AC is also going for time periods that aren't usally visited by other games.

I have dougts about the industrial era, seeing as the game doesn't seem to be gunning for just a 3 game series. Female assassin has not been comfirmed of denied, so its worth considering.

And as for AC being more Desmon-based, considering the ending of AC Brotherhood, it seems Desmon is knocked up out. (Sorry, I just couldn't resist :P)

Woah woah woah, ok what? I lack Brotherhood, so can someone fill me in? I thought it was like that other  AC game, the other with altair for the second time that had a few story things but where easily picked up on in AC2, what the hell happened in Brotherhood?
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Shambling Zombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 08:21:17 pm »

I think it will most likely focus on Desmond, due to certain story elements from Brotherhood (mostly based around how much time they have).

Aside from that, if it is another one set in the past, it's hard to play a super-ninja (I know he's an Assassin, but ninja sounds better to me) somewhere and it not be fun. Ninja Western? Ninja Pirates? Ninja in pre-WWI england? Ninja in a World War? It's all good.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 08:22:24 pm »

World war...
Eh, this ain't Call of Duty.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 08:53:01 pm »

WHat was this second Altair game?  I've never heard of it.

Also, who says it can't take place BEFORE the other games?  It doesn't neccessarily have to move forwards.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 08:54:46 pm »

Wait, actually World War 1 works fine. Hell, there was a British Medic who assassinated a German General with a Hidden Blade on Christmas, according to Assassins Creed lore.

Shambling Zombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 09:04:47 pm »

It was a second Enzio Auditore game, called Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

With the World Wars, yeah I was thinking less front-line soldier more dealing with the shadowy Templars pulling strings in the background. Sort of like "Oh no! Archduke Ferdinand was killed by Templar agents, find out what's going on!" type thing.
Pages: [1] 2