Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Games with Colonial Themes?  (Read 1982 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games with Colonial Themes?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 04:44:43 pm »

Anno series (no natives here, though)
Anno had natives. Or at least 1602 did, although they weren't particulalry useful unless they were your only source of tobacco or something.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2011, 04:48:00 pm »

you guys forgot FreeCol, remake of the original Colonization into java.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 04:50:58 pm »

Alien Legacy is one of the more interesting ones, although it tends to get bogged down in planet exploration micromanagement (you have to fly a ship/probe/something across the different planets/moons/asteroids looking for things, searching every tile... Or maybe I was just feeling compelled to be thorough).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 06:46:55 pm »

Reunion is another gem from early 90th.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2011, 08:51:59 pm »

Reunion is another gem from early 90th.
It's pretty buggy though. Plus winning the game has some basis on chance.

Alien Legacy is one of the more interesting ones, although it tends to get bogged down in planet exploration micromanagement (you have to fly a ship/probe/something across the different planets/moons/asteroids looking for things, searching every tile... Or maybe I was just feeling compelled to be thorough).
You don't have to search every single time once you research the Warp Radio(which happens fairly early on). It'll show science resources and important sites with two different icons when you scan with it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2011, 08:32:43 am »

Damn, all these games are rather old. >: NO offence, gents.

Maybe someone should make a "Post what kind of games you are looking for" thread because there are so many "Games like X" threads on these forums that it's just not funny. I want to make another one, too. :P

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2011, 09:46:40 am »

Maybe someone should make a "Post what kind of games you are looking for" thread because there are so many "Games like X" threads on these forums that it's just not funny. I want to make another one, too. :P
That'd just make things confusing. This isn't exactly seeking a lost name where only 1-3 people will even have the slightest idea and post. Every request would get flooded by suggestions.
Pages: 1 [2]