Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion  (Read 7199 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2011, 07:25:41 pm »

I'm getting the urge to play modded Oblivion again....my problem is usually figuring what must have is incompatible with another must have.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2011, 07:34:57 pm »

This thread caused me to repurchase Oblivion with hope of checking out the mods that have been created since I stopped playing last time (as well as Shivering Isles). Is the Script Extender still required for most of them? Hopefully the Steam version doesn't have that idiotic encryption that Direct2Drive had.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2011, 08:11:16 pm »

Yes, the OBSE is required for anything more advanced than mud.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2011, 09:00:20 pm »

This thread caused me to repurchase Oblivion with hope of checking out the mods that have been created since I stopped playing last time (as well as Shivering Isles). Is the Script Extender still required for most of them? Hopefully the Steam version doesn't have that idiotic encryption that Direct2Drive had.

IIRC, the OBSE now comes with the proper .dlls and such to work with the Steam encryption, so it should work with that as well with no worries.

Edit: Straight off of the OBSE page:

OBSE provides official support for:
Oblivion & Shivering Isles build 1.2.0.416.  This is the latest official build of Oblivion.  It provides fixes for the FormID problems and supports Shivering Isles.  All users will need to update to this build in order to use OBSE v0017 and later.
Steam build 1.2.0.416 (in v0017b)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 09:14:09 pm by TwilightWalker »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2011, 04:00:17 am »

I'm getting the urge to play modded Oblivion again....my problem is usually figuring what must have is incompatible with another must have.

If you're actually installing/merging mods properly, there's usually very little incompatibility involved.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2011, 04:09:27 am »

The big thing stopping me from playing oblivion again is somehow the interface mod I was using got corrupted, and is now missing one of images it used for the menu borders. So all the menus have a bright pink bar running up one side. It's really quite jarring. And I can't find it again to redownload... >:(
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2011, 04:14:53 am »

What is the esp/files called?

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2011, 05:18:12 am »

Okaaay, so I've reinstalled the thing, spend the whole night modding it... and then within the first half an hour I was reminded of why I never bothered fully exploring it. The damn thing's incredibly awkward and clunky. The way the characters move and attack is just horrible, especially the fact that it determines hits not by whether or not the weapon contacts the enemy but by whether or not the crosshair is pointed at the enemy. I got bored fifteen minutes out of the tutorial dungeon and went back to playing Transformice. Maybe I'll pick it up again later.
Maybe.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2011, 06:39:00 am »

Never really understood what you meant by clunky. Seems quite simple and fluid to me. Yea, the way it registers hits isn't the best, but it uses hitboxes, and it works for me. What makes Oblivion a little less then exciting to start up is because it takes some time to get into it. I always am just daunted when I start it up with a new char. Since I have OOO and some other difficult mods installed, the game is pretty damn hard.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2011, 07:05:32 am »

Play some Mount&Blade, mate.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2011, 04:55:37 pm »

guys maybe you can help me out here?

i've reinstalled oblivion a few times but alotta objects and interior spaces are missing any idea how to fix this?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 01:20:40 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2011, 04:56:23 pm »

i've reinstalled oblivion a few times but alotta objects and interior spaces are missing any idea how to fix this?

Try reinstalling to a different folder / make sure your CD isn't scratched or dirty?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2011, 05:05:32 pm »

So, no idea where the guy went in Nehrim?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]