Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion  (Read 7213 times)

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2011, 12:03:40 pm »

Okay, I've got an awesome mod for ya'll: Sexlivion Companion Vilja.

It's easily the best companion mod out there and is voiced as well as co-written by Terry Pratchet.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2011, 12:08:36 pm »

*cough*xLovers*cough*

It's easily the best companion mod out there and is voiced as well as co-written by Terry Pratchet.

Wait, what? That girl is voiced by Pterry?  :-\

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2011, 12:09:59 pm »

Hehe, sorry, I meant that it is voiced and on a completely unrelated note is co-written by Terry.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2011, 01:20:30 pm »

Holy fuck. What the shit? That mod author must've been cumming all over himself when that happened.

Also, I think the main trouble with Oblivion was the abundance of unnecessary "features" (Patrick Stewart voicing the Emperor, Havok physics, Radiant AI - which could be replaced by a simple schedule script, that stupid tree creation software etc etc) at the expense of many other features, such as lots of weapon skills, usefulness of magic, closed cities, diversity in terrain etc.

I wish Bethesda would get off the aging wreck known as the 360, though. It's really holding them back in terms of games.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2011, 01:42:51 pm »

I wish Bethesda would get off the aging wreck known as the 360, though. It's really holding them back in terms of games.

They can't, there's no other console to move to, at least until M$ releases the next version of their sucksbox.
And there's no way Bethsoft is giving up all that money from console kiddies.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2011, 01:45:01 pm »

Just be glad they aren't developing for the Wii... *shudder*
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2011, 01:46:36 pm »

They can't, there's no other console to move to, at least until M$ releases the next version of their sucksbox.
And there's no way Bethsoft is giving up all that money from console kiddies.

I'd rather they made a port for the PS3 or something so that we PC users could get open cities in default gameplay. I'll just have to wait for mods, I suppose.

The game is, from screenshots, looking gorgeous, though.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2011, 10:34:02 pm »

Eh. The Xbox 360 was amazing when it came out, graphic and capability wise, but the fact it's so damn old now is getting to it. The horrible issues with the early models didn't help either. I had one until last year, and had some great times playing Oblivion, Fallout, GTA4, and Dead Space on it. Very great times.

Anyway, cant wait till Skyrim either, but until then, I am having fun in Oblivion :3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2011, 11:04:29 pm »

Specifically the stupid level scaling, especially of quest rewards. I seem to remember OOO did something about that, but it came bundled with a whole bunch of other changes I didn't want, so I didn't much like it.

OOO doesn't fix quest rewards, it fixes random dungeon content by creating a fixed level range for pretty much every creature in the game and redesigning each dungeon around a specific theme (this among a great number of other changes/new content, as you noted).

To be frank, you won't be missing out on much by using OOO. Some of the vanilla dungeons are moderately interesting but of those not tied to a quest, only one or two have anything more than the standard levelled enemies and loot.

For quest rewards, look up the (logically named) Quest Award Leveller. It has optional plugins for SI/DLC as well.

Khosan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2011, 11:28:42 pm »

I've finally got FCOM installed.

Is it normal that it crashes a lot unless I crank down the graphics?  I used to be able to play with the graphics set at their highest (unless I tried to do Knights of the Nine and happened to look down when you get teleported way up into the sky), but I've had to lower them quite a bit since then.

jmancube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2011, 12:36:48 am »

I'd love if Bethesda made their games PC exclusives, but we all know that is never going to happen....*sighs* 

I absolutely loved Oblivion, even with all of it's flaws. Sure, Morrowind was better in a lot of ways (plus morrowind is definitely my favorite game), but that didn't stop me from playing the heck out of Oblivion. I must have played it for over 200 hours or something like that. I played the game through without mods, and then I played it for a while with the TCOM mod compilation. The game is pretty good without mods, but when it is modded that is when it truly shines.

Also, there is a total conversion mod that is absolutely fantastic. It's called Nehrim- At Fates Edge, or something like that. It's done by a bunch of German modders, and it has German voice overs with English subtitles available. Absolutely fantastic, very polished, and definitely worth a shot if you haven't played it yet.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2011, 04:37:52 am »

Eh. The Xbox 360 was amazing when it came out, graphic and capability wise, but the fact it's so damn old now is getting to it.

Great news! Microsoft intends to keep the 360 alive until 2015! That means even TES VI will run on it. Isn't that fantastic? :D

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2011, 05:47:59 am »

/slit wrists.

So my choices are "Buy a PS3, get the PS3 version which has been dumbed down to Xbox standards" or "Run on low quality on my shit low end laptop", eh? Well guess what.

Fuck you Bethesda

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2011, 12:56:20 pm »

well they aren't running on gamebryo so maybe we might get lucky with this one?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2011, 06:57:43 pm »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4