Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines Expand and discuss  (Read 12012 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines Expand and discuss
« on: January 17, 2011, 08:49:59 am »

hey just bought this from D2D and i have seen it for years but never got round to getting it and when i finally could be bothered i could not find it anywhere :P, so just wondering what are people opinions to this? so people Discuss and Expand.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines Expand and discuss
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 08:58:19 am »

Fantastic game with entertaining characters, great atmosphere, and various endings. It does suffer from some annoying bugs occasionally though. Despite the bugs I'd rank it among the best RPGs of the last decade.

A Malkavian character run is essential.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 09:02:19 am »

Yea, i think it's pretty buggy unless you get the community patches [made by fans after the fact].
I think theres a bunch of mods too, that are supposed to improve/change the game, so while its not essential its something worth checking out.

Really great game though

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 09:03:22 am »

Basically Deus Ex with vampires instead of cyborgs. :)

And some of those bugs are just terrible. Definitely get one of the unofficial fan patches.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 09:36:56 am »

And some of those bugs are just terrible. Definitely get one of the unofficial fan patches.
Do that. Its a good game except for that.
Also, every time someone mentions it, someone will reinstall it.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 10:00:27 am »

Well it certainly won't be me that reinstalls it - because I never uninstalled in the first place  8)

Other than that, get Wesp's patch, because without it the game is unplayable and because it restores so much content it's ridiculous (finished content that the devs, for some reason, left out in the official release), though you can choose to install only the basic, bugfix version. You know, if you're boring.

Other than that, well, enjoy one of the best RPG in the whole world, and don't forget to never go Malkavian the first play-through, and to always go Malk the second play-through. Because it's awesome.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 10:02:05 am »

never go Malkavian the first play-through, and to always go Malk the second play-through.
Why that order?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 10:06:32 am »

Well, there's really no way to say this without being at least somewhat spoiler-y, but :

Because the PC Malkavian's madness-filled dialogue won't mean anything to you the first time you play, and might actually actively prohibit you from understanding some things, as opposed to being revealed as the true insight it is when the player is familiar with the plot and can make the connections between what his character is saying and what is happening.

edit : basically what I'm saying is you won't understand half of what your character's dialogue choices are if you do it the first time, not to mention what consequences they might have.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 10:36:59 am »

Great game, very entertaining, even if the development was rushed and nigh unfinished. It really tragic that Troika went poof during it, I'd love to see another game. I still have a few gripes with it though, like how you never got a chance to use a sniper rifle to, well, snipe someone, you just rarely got anywhere big enough to favor a sniper approach.

Celerity was my favorite discipline, at lower levels it just gives you a sizeable speed bost, at max you move as fast (if not faster) then a bullet, literally.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 10:59:56 am »

You should try being a 5-fortitude 5-protean Gangrel - Yeah I just smacked an entire room full of armoured douchebags apart without taking a hint of damage, what of it  8)

It does have the most pathetically useless combat animation, though. Still, how's about that damage, huh?

Actually every clan becomes a manslaughter machine when maxing out their disciplines, it's just some are better at mincing entire battalions than others. Like Celerity, or Obfuscate, or Potence with the hook thingy.

And yeah, it's pretty sad that Troika went under. I'll adore them forever even only for Bloodlines' incredible voicework and writing.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 11:17:09 am »

I shall reinstall this!
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 11:19:00 am »

Maybe spoiler but, Why is it considered bad to drain other vampires? You gain their power and it would be the only way to grow other than becoming older.
I can see that elder vampires dont like it because it's a threat to them, but other than that?

I shall reinstall this!
I told ya!

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 11:21:08 am »

Oh, guys! Other than the official patch what should I install? Unofficial patches, Camerilla, etc. ?
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 11:48:23 am »

Maybe spoiler but, Why is it considered bad to drain other vampires? You gain their power and it would be the only way to grow other than becoming older.
I can see that elder vampires dont like it because it's a threat to them, but other than that?

It's just an arbitrary taboo. You know how cannibalism is forbidden in most human cultures? Same thing. You monster.

Well, except there's the point that there is considerable benefit to the one doing the cannibalizing, so it's really more like how murdering rich people and taking their money is forbidden in most human cultures.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 12:01:59 pm »

Well it's kind of reasonable for old, powerful vampires to outlaw such practices, don't you think? Other than that, yeah, an arbitrary taboo.

And Omega - I've posted a link to the unofficial patch, you don't need anything else.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8