Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines Expand and discuss  (Read 12007 times)

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines Expand and discuss
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 12:25:50 pm »

Back when I installed the game, there were two competing unofficial fan patches. One of them focused on ironing out all the bugs, while the other ironed out all the bugs and also sought to add more content. Has the situation changed since then?

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 12:31:24 pm »

Yes, there were. Turns out tessera or whatever his name was (the crazy guy who did nude skins afaik) backwards-engineered his patch from Wesp's. Wesp's patch is the one that can either fix bugs, or fix bugs and restore content, is the only constantly updated one, and is infinitely better in general, not to mention its creator is not batshit crazy :) It's also the one I've linked to, so that's even better for you!

edit : Though Wesp does have an alarming tendency to move stuff around for no apparent reason to the point that "spot the fancy katana" is the most widespread game among Bloodline fans.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 01:47:41 pm »

just installing now.... and how do i install wesp's mod?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 02:07:39 pm »

It's a really easy step by step installer program.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2011, 02:08:51 pm »

It's a really easy step by step installer program.

ahh cool cool :) that makes things easy then :D, also i have always been worried about installing mods in case its malware or corrupts the game or something :P
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2011, 07:50:27 pm »

Maybe spoiler but, Why is it considered bad to drain other vampires? You gain their power and it would be the only way to grow other than becoming older.
I can see that elder vampires dont like it because it's a threat to them, but other than that?

It's just an arbitrary taboo. You know how cannibalism is forbidden in most human cultures? Same thing. You monster.

Well, except there's the point that there is considerable benefit to the one doing the cannibalizing, so it's really more like how murdering rich people and taking their money is forbidden in most human cultures.

Well, there's also the "completely obliterating the soul" aspect of it, which is considered quite inhuman. So inhuman in fact, I believe you automatically lose a point of humanity from diablerie

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 12:49:27 am »

I don't know why, but I've felt compelled to reinstall this. However, having played through it twice (one non-Malkavian run, followed by a Malkavian run), I've gone looking for mods for it, but not really found any decent repository or list. I know about the unofficial patch, but what else is there?
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 02:21:48 am »

never go Malkavian the first play-through, and to always go Malk the second play-through.
Why that order?

Heh.  I did the automatic character creation on my first run and got a Malkavian...I wonder what it says about me that it thought an insane psychotic was an appropriate character...

Incidentally, playing the bat-shit crazy dude who seems to be babbling, and then realizing a little later that your character knows more than you think, has its own charm.  In a "oh yeah, I knew that" kind of way.

KG

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2011, 05:19:11 am »

Maybe spoiler but, Why is it considered bad to drain other vampires? You gain their power and it would be the only way to grow other than becoming older.
I can see that elder vampires dont like it because it's a threat to them, but other than that?

It's just an arbitrary taboo. You know how cannibalism is forbidden in most human cultures? Same thing. You monster.

Well, except there's the point that there is considerable benefit to the one doing the cannibalizing, so it's really more like how murdering rich people and taking their money is forbidden in most human cultures.

Well, there's also the "completely obliterating the soul" aspect of it, which is considered quite inhuman. So inhuman in fact, I believe you automatically lose a point of humanity from diablerie

Wanted to add, even though it's been a month and a half:  Sometimes /they/ take /you/ over a little, too.  Haven't played much of Bloodlines, but in tabletop if your coterie defeats some big bad nasty who has four generations on you or something, and you diablerize him...  well, congratulations, he's got a fresh body now and the rest of your group might not notice until it's too late.  You don't want to play with that kind of fire.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Brons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2011, 05:31:08 am »

The haunted mansion still gives me nightmares.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2011, 06:04:58 am »

Wanted to add, even though it's been a month and a half:  Sometimes /they/ take /you/ over a little, too.  Haven't played much of Bloodlines, but in tabletop if your coterie defeats some big bad nasty who has four generations on you or something, and you diablerize him...  well, congratulations, he's got a fresh body now and the rest of your group might not notice until it's too late.  You don't want to play with that kind of fire.

I believe Prince Mithras of London currently resides in the body of a Assamite neonate.
Not to mention the Tzimisce antediluvian...

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 07:47:47 am »

(trolling removed)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 05:16:19 pm by Toady One »

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 09:11:44 am »

(response to trolling removed)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 05:16:53 pm by Toady One »

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 10:06:35 am »

Cool game. Like Malkavian, Nosferatu is fun for a second playthough. You will often achieve things in a different way that how you did when you could just walk up and talk to a mortal without violating the rules.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 10:11:29 am »

Cool game. Like Malkavian, Nosferatu is fun for a second playthough. You will often achieve things in a different way that how you did when you could just walk up and talk to a mortal without violating the rules.

Of course, you'll have to endure your character looking like a BDSM gremlin for the entire game if you play a Nosferatu.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8