Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 77

Author Topic: Arena Battles (Now Dead, Sorry All its been a great run.)  (Read 75022 times)

Vox Nihili

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles (Currently under the management of Draignean)
« Reply #300 on: February 01, 2011, 05:29:37 pm »

Edit:  Actually, if I take his iron pike, can I trade that and my iron helm in for a steel helm?

Iron items are worth two and steel items are five points each, so I don't believe you'd have enough for that trade-in.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 01, 2011, 05:48:46 pm »

Oh, well.  I guess I'll take that pike, but please don't actually add it to my character during actual battles, I just want it for trading.

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 01, 2011, 06:08:20 pm »

Might as well try something new.

Name: Aximus Prime
Race: Human
Skill Choices: Axe 5
Items choosen: Shadowsteel Axe
Bio: Aximus honestly has no idea how he got here. Or where he is now. Hell, the only reason anyone knows his name is because it was on a bloodstained note tied to his axe.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 01, 2011, 07:29:23 pm »

Yeah, Got a Cotten candy cloak for my most badass dwarf in my fortress (Owned a goblin ambush, And just killed a minatour)

All this with just a silver axe, And cotten candy every thing... Im knighting this son of a bitch >:D

Sir Lancelot.

Anywase on topic, Who currently is the top gladiator?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 07:32:48 pm by Javarock »
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 01, 2011, 07:34:11 pm »

Remalle, i think. He has claimed at least three lives. an extraordinary feat!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 01, 2011, 07:48:31 pm »

I want to claim my third life! Send Powder Maceman in to turn someone to mush!

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 01, 2011, 07:56:08 pm »

I've got 2 and the dreadmarch. And I'm a kitty :3.

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 01, 2011, 08:02:19 pm »

I would say it's between Remalle and that crazy Tigerman. I wanna see them do battle.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 01, 2011, 09:44:03 pm »

Anywase on topic, Who currently is the top gladiator?

It's a toss up between Ragathgare, Remalle, and Gaaben. If they fought my money would be on Gaaben though, he has the highest skills/best gear of the bunch.

Now though we have a pair of fighters facing off in the arena, both with a single win to their names.

Connan
, the Lionslayer. While an accomplished beastslayer, he has yet to kill another gladiator in the arena.

Vs.

Tempest, the whirlwind of death. His first fight in the arena he completely dismembered his opponent, his axes are potent tools.

Connan's Lion skin cape whips about him, this is an impressive feat considering the fact that the arena is indoors. Tempest and Connan seem to have gotten into a macho pose contest, Tempest has an easy time with the two axes of his, but Connan's cape really helps him out alot. The winner isn't very clear, after one of them dies though it should shed some light.

The two fighters clash together and Connan strikes out first, aiming a lethal blow at Tempest's head. Tempest luckily is wearing is safety helmet and the blow glances harmlessly away, Connan isn't content with that though and chops Tempest's right arm off at the elbow sending both the arm and one of Tempest's axes flying. Tempest attempts several counter blows but each is blocked by Connan's Shield, undeterred he launches another quick series but those too are parried off by Connan's quick axe. Connan reverses the momentum of the parry and slashes Tempest across the inside of his left arm, damaging it beyond the ability to grasp. This may be the end of the line for tempest...

Both arms crippled Tempest is able to take next to no offensive action, the feeble attacks he can make are useless and are blocked as quickly as they are launched. Connan's flashing axe takes off Tempest's left hand, even without any real arms Tempest attempts to make one last strike against Connan... It fails, and Tempest slips down into a pool of his blood. He thrashes once and does not rise.

Excellent work Connan, it takes guts to charge down a dwarf with two axes. Well it has been proved that your macho axe-and-cape pose is superior, grab you gear and train up.

Victor's Combat Log.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 02, 2011, 03:23:50 am »

Well tonight we have a very exciting match, some of our fans I think have been hankering for something a little less formulaic than "I chop your foot off, dance on your chest, and then kill you by multiple amputation. To that end we present..

Victor's combat log
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 03:37:02 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 02, 2011, 03:36:19 am »

Also the match with sharks will be tomorrow, it will be a three person free for all. Dangur Mczown is already one of the combatants so I'll just need two more volunteers.

I shall also unveil the purpose of those Uranium bars some of you have, it should be interesting.  ;D

(As an aside we just got a foot of snow out where I live, so if there are large unexplained gaps it is because everything is frozen solid. )
---

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 02, 2011, 04:10:25 am »

This is unsafe as hell, but Aximus will fight your damned guppies.

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 02, 2011, 09:11:25 am »

Mr. Pointy Stick will take on the sharks.  But only after he picks up the winnings from the Sea serpent-troll bets.

I believe the other bets on the match were:

So
Owner: Zifnab
Name: Mr. Pokey stick
Species: Elf
Skill: Dodge 1, Spear 5
Inv: Iron Greaves, Bronze Mail shirt, Faerie Silver Spear

would get a red-winged blackbird leather cape and does not need an iron mail shirt, so would like to have a copper helm and copper shield instead

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 02, 2011, 09:42:09 am »

YEEAH! Shark-filled water!
Hey with all these danger matches I might want to take swimming... hmmm...
Should be fun.

BETTING!
Bet on: 15 fire imps vs 3 elephants! Who will win?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 02, 2011, 11:01:55 am »

I'll bet my gauntlet on the elephants. I think Boatmurdered proved that Elephants>fire
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 77