Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Supreme Commander (Bay12 MP) - Hosting Times Up  (Read 4881 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Supreme Commander (Bay12 MP) - Hosting Friday at 9 PM GMT
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 03:54:07 pm »

We've been playing on Forged Alliance, on version 1.5.3599 (i think) and running the phantom mod. Great gamemode, http://supremecommander.filefront.com/file/PhantomN;93338.
That does look like fun.  Is anyone still playing?
Also, I see patches on that site.  Maybe try them, Orb?

Wow. Awesome. Game delayed for a bit so I can see where I can go with this. Also, I suppose the updates to the lobby are indeed the main download, since those patches are only 5 mbs.

"Edit" The phantom mod certainly looks interesting too. I'd be more than willing to give that a shot.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 04:03:45 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Supreme Commander (Bay12 MP) - Hosting Friday at 9 PM GMT
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 04:48:22 pm »

Ok. Game is updated and ready to go. I'll get a game going at 10:30 PM GMT.

Be there

"Edit" We will be playing updated SC: FA with no mods or AI adjustments(for now)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 04:54:21 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Supreme Commander (Bay12 MP) - Updated and Ready to Rock n Roll
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2011, 05:24:59 pm »

Triple post....but I made the thread anyway, so meh.

I think I figured out the source of all my issues. The GPG lobby I had installed was from the original Supreme Commander. When I uninstalled and reinstalled the expansion, I had the lobby reinstalled, which means it was up to date as of out of the box for the expansion. Now the updating is actually working correctly and its downloading as of this moment.

What this means to all of you out there is that the games will be hosted through the lobby, and you don't need Hamachi anymore. I'll throw out the server details when I get to it. For now, as of the 3rd change in time, it will be at 11:00 PM or 11:30 PM GMT, depending on how fast the updating is and if I run into issues.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Supreme Commander (Bay12 MP) - Game Running
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 08:19:15 pm »

Sorry for the all the hassle, but through trial and error I finally got everything updated.

Game name is Bay12, pass is fun. Its through GPGnet. We are playing Forged Alliance.

"Edit" Server down, I guess I didn't give enough notice really. Also, interesting thing: If you only have the expantion, you can only play as the seraphim.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 08:45:01 pm by Orb »

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supreme Commander (Bay12 MP) - Server is up
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 08:45:42 pm »

Ok, joining, GPGnet name is Corei7.

Edit: I guess I was too slow.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 08:48:23 pm by KaminaSquirtle »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2011, 08:49:38 pm »

I'll put it back up if you want to do a 1vs1. Just reinstalling the regular Supreme Commander so I can play as the UEF.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2011, 08:52:54 pm »

I'll put it back up if you want to do a 1vs1. Just reinstalling the regular Supreme Commander so I can play as the UEF.
Sure.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Supreme Commander (Bay12 MP) - Server down
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2011, 09:00:57 pm »

Ugh, this is giving me as much trouble as Steam.

Ok. Installing supreme command wiped the GPG lobby, so now I have to reinstall FA, which means I have to update it again. I'll host a game in about 30-60 minutes if everything goes smoothly, if you still want a game.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2011, 09:03:47 pm »

Yeah, GPGnet is terrible.
I'll still play, though.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2011, 09:57:05 pm »

One more half hour of delay.  ::)

I didn't anticipate the fact it had to update the regular supreme commander too, if I understand what its doing correctly. Or its just downloading the same patch again....

"Edit" The Supreme Commander patch is 30mbs. So much trouble for just one game. Eh. I'll definitely play a game tomorrow.

You free at 4 PM GMT tomorrow?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 10:57:28 pm by Orb »

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 11:06:37 pm »

Sure, that should work.  I'll have to leave around 6 pm GMT though, so we can't have too many delays and still expect a decently long match.
I'd think 2 hours would be enough time to play a game.

Captain Hat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 11:14:09 pm »

Gah! I really wish I had seen this thread earlier, I would have totally been up for a game of Supreme Commander. I think I can also bring a friend too.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Supreme Commander (Bay12 MP) - Server Up
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2011, 11:15:12 pm »

Hm. Alright.

Also, something awesome(or bad, I'll deal with the consequences later) happened with the update, and it finished while I was browsing the forums. If you're still on, I have the server up with the same pass/name.

"Edit" Server down.

So yah. I'll be hosting tomorrow "morning" if I wake up early enough.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 11:33:04 pm by Orb »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Supreme Commander (Bay12 MP) - Game at 4pm GMT on Saturday
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2011, 10:31:46 am »

Got up a bit early today, so the server is up now. As before, the server name is Bay12 and pass is fun

"Edit" I noticed there is also a clan feature for GPG. I could probably look into making a Bay12 one later.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 10:33:19 am by Orb »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Supreme Commander (Bay12 MP) - Server Up!
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2011, 11:24:57 am »

I got oooooowned. =/

I did get his commander down to 200 HP. That counts for something, right?

"Edit" Server is still up, btw.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4