Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XIX - Game Over, World Rescued!  (Read 57160 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIX - Day 3 Boils Over
« Reply #330 on: January 25, 2011, 03:36:50 pm »

er, make that 6.
4!/((4-2)!/2)=6 possibilities.
azure, ottofar, zrk, mukluk in that order.

(0)(0)(1)(1) - azure passive townie. mukluk waiting for us to suicide. zrk2 defending against ottofar.
(0)(1)(0)(1) - azure passive townie, mukluk waiting for suicide. ottofar defending against zrk2.
(0)(1)(1)(0) - azure and mukluk passive townies. ottofar and zrk2 make look that one of them is town. possible, but unlikely.
(1)(0)(0)(1) - ottofar and zrk2 are flaming to no use. azure and mukluk are just biding their time. not too likely.
(1)(0)(1)(0) - azure waiting, keeping tension up. zrk2 defending. possible.
(1)(1)(0)(0) - azure waiting, tension stays high. ottofar and azure keeping suspicions against zrk2.

I'm keeping that order, but mukluk may still be it.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

mukluk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 25, 2011, 03:41:11 pm »

well at least you're trying ;)

yeah I'm not good at flaming. I admit it. XD

to be honest I'm paranoid right now. my order is azure>ottofar=zrk>mukluk. mukluk has been fairly inactive though.

waiting for us to kill each other, eh mukluk?

Zrk2,

Well thank you. And do your >s follow methematical rules, or does mukluk place in as most scummy? For clarity.

Azure and Mukluk tell us what you think of the revelation of Darvis' innocence, and how this affects your scumpicks.

Like I said in my last post, it was disappointing and it means we have to get our act together or we are toast.  In the last round, both you and Darvis was up and it makes me wonder if we made the right decision.  Anyways, same question to you Zrk2.  What do you think of the revelation of Darvis' innocence, and how this affects your scumpicks?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIX - Day 2: The Captain, KIA. Situation: FUBAR?
« Reply #332 on: January 25, 2011, 03:46:19 pm »

All right. My scumpicks are Ottofar for this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He just reposts old things in order to avoid saying anything that could be scummy, as well as hounding me for my OP long after everyone else moved on. It's an attempt at framing me, and he isn't even examining other possibilities.

And Azure for demi-lurking.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 25, 2011, 08:20:04 pm »

Azure, come here a minute.
So quick to find alliance? Yes Darvi was suspected and finally threw in the towel, but you were fairly quick to put us together.
What do you think now?

Because you were buddying. It's a scumtell if there's no reason for it, and the pair of you were nattering away to no worthwhile end whilst Otto and Zrk2 argued back and forth and everyone else lurked in a corner. Pardon me for being the only god damn player to actually try scumhunting for a change, even if I was wrong. At least it dragged you two out of you reverie and lured the lurkers out of the woodwork.

I'm also wondering why exactly it is that you're targetting me at the moment. At first I thought you were just trying to pressure me, but as it appears to have become a more serious vote as the day has progressed I'm inclined to think it's on the basis of my day 2 theory of you and Darvi being buddy-maffers (despite the fact that I expressed my own doubts about that very theory before the day ended, when you started dropping town-tells). However, that's a very weak proof of much of anything beyond the fact that my scum-hunting failed (as it appears wont to do in these bloody games... >.>). In fact, it's basically come across a delayed OMGUS; something I'm not sure I should find annoying or amusing.

As for what I think... hmm. I still think I got a solid town-tell on you, TolyK, which puts my own mafia list like this - going from scummiest to least:

Zrk2, mukluk, Ottofar, TolyK.

The slip about thinking there were three mafia was just too... casual to be a scum gambit, in my opinion. I've been thinking about it, and - since it seems Darvi really is town - I have drawn the conclusion that you genuinely didn't know there were only two maffers, which meant that you couldn't possibly be maffers. As far as I'm concerned, you're almost entirely in the clear.

Also think I got a town-tell on Otto, too, as I reckon scum would do everything in their power to avoid appearing scummy. Otto, on the other hand, has played like a cryptic motherfucker all game; practically heedless of any criticism or pressure votes and hounding Zrk2 with almost rabid single-mindedness (of course, this could be a possible mafioso gambit, but it relies too strongly on leaving yourself at the mercy of town's whims for it to make any sense). He also actually has a solid argument on Zrk2 that adequately explains his tunnel-vision and makes me rather ashamed of not having lynched him yesterday (considering how blatantly obvious things have become now - however, in hindsight, this was only made possible by the revelation that Darvi was town), which leaves only a lurker who has made things difficult for me by preventing me from connecting any scum-teams via interplay. Although, if I were to examine things a bit more closely...

And Azure for demi-lurking.

Wow, lookatdat! Suddenly, I don't even need to try to find evidence of a Zrk/mukluk scum pairing. >.> Ignoring mukluk's obsessive lurking and noteworthy lack of contribution to the town cause in favour of attacking me. I see. Cool beans, brah.

I also don't believe I've seen either one of them even so much as FoS the other throughout the entire game, and have only really changed this now when it would start looking really suspicious - obvious distancing they're trying to fix now that it's too late. Rather ashamed of myself for only noticing that now, of course, but... eh. Better late than never and all that.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 25, 2011, 08:21:17 pm »

Azure and Mukluk tell us what you think of the revelation of Darvis' innocence, and how this affects your scumpicks.

Missed this, but I think I've pretty much answered it anyway. >.>

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 25, 2011, 08:25:28 pm »

Alright, folks.  This is LYLO.  If there's a mislynch here, the scum wins.  Now, more than ever, you must think before you act.  I'd recommend everyone go back to the start of the thread and reread everything.  Take notes.  Look for inconsistencies and concealed BS.  Think before you vote, and explain yourself.  A mistake here is a loss.

Again, if you have specific questions, please let me know.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 25, 2011, 09:35:40 pm »

Yes, you did. Which leaves Mukluk and Ottofar as the most likely scum. I will reread the thread tomorrow and compose my 'Massive List of Thoughts on Players.' As I did over in Kingmaker. Scum shall die.

mukluk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 26, 2011, 03:09:06 am »

Yes, you did. Which leaves Mukluk and Ottofar as the most likely scum. I will reread the thread tomorrow and compose my 'Massive List of Thoughts on Players.' As I did over in Kingmaker. Scum shall die.

I also answered your question half the page up.  I asked you the same question Zrk2 and I haven't receive a response on it yet.

mukluk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 26, 2011, 03:16:40 am »

Alright, folks.  This is LYLO.  If there's a mislynch here, the scum wins.  Now, more than ever, you must think before you act.  I'd recommend everyone go back to the start of the thread and reread everything.  Take notes.  Look for inconsistencies and concealed BS.  Think before you vote, and explain yourself.  A mistake here is a loss.

Again, if you have specific questions, please let me know.

Does LYLO means lynch lost?  Also, are there other popular abbreviations?  Thanks for the advice Toaster at this stage of the game.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #339 on: January 26, 2011, 07:39:43 am »

Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 26, 2011, 07:46:28 pm »

Everyone, please report in with your scumpicks. As this is Lylo we need to look over everything.

I still think Ottofar is scum, as explained above.

mukluk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 27, 2011, 04:34:52 am »

Okay thanks Argembarger.

mukluk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 27, 2011, 04:38:15 am »

LYLO it is.  Let's get this one right people.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 27, 2011, 08:47:33 am »

You already have my answers, and I have seen nothing that should incline me to change my mind.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIX - Day 2: The Captain, KIA. Situation: FUBAR?
« Reply #344 on: January 27, 2011, 09:14:27 am »

All right. My scumpicks are Ottofar for this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dude, that is... uh... quite a weak reason.

I did it like that to point out the stupidity of your question.

I mean you asked that when my vote was on you.

Also, I'll laugh if Azure and Mukluk are the scum.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29