Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XIX - Game Over, World Rescued!  (Read 57235 times)

The Captain

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIX - Day 1: Liars and Traitors and Cults, Oh My!
« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2011, 04:42:03 pm »

Sure, extension is welcome.

mukluk Do asking no questions/semi-lurking help you achieve your scummy objectives ?

I'm new to this whole questioning thing and isn't "lurking" how everyone keep up with the game?  I agree an extension will give us more time to catch mafia.

Mukluk I want you to pick three people you're suspicious of and ask them questions you think will reveal their intent.

Azure if you were the doctor, who would you protect tonight?

mukluk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 20, 2011, 09:19:58 pm »

I'm new to this whole questioning thing and isn't "lurking" how everyone keep up with the game?

Lurking is when you refrain from posting.  Active lurking is when you post without contributing.  Neither are considered town-friendly, because you're not participating in the scum hunting process.  You need to be able to not only keep up to date with what is going on, but also probe other players to determine for yourself who is honest and who is a lying dirty scumbag.

Okay thanks!  However, what is if the situation is unclear or if you just want to check the game out (so you could keep up to date with it)?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 20, 2011, 09:28:08 pm »

TolyK Had you been in from the start, what would you have done differently from Vadia?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

mukluk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2011, 09:41:38 pm »

Sure, extension is welcome.

mukluk Do asking no questions/semi-lurking help you achieve your scummy objectives ?

I'm new to this whole questioning thing and isn't "lurking" how everyone keep up with the game?  I agree an extension will give us more time to catch mafia.

Mukluk I want you to pick three people you're suspicious of and ask them questions you think will reveal their intent.

I'm just wondering if asking questions make one a bigger target though.  I think it is fair to ask some of the people that have been asking me questions so here goes with the questions:

Tyberix, you mentioned you had informants inside random.org and have solid evidence of mafia goals.  So do you really have that evidence (and what they are) or just pulling our legs, explained?

My next questions goes to The Captain and Tolyk (replacing Vadia who received some votes).  What is a good question to ask another player and once you have that question answer it yourself?

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #169 on: January 21, 2011, 01:11:16 am »

woooooooooooooo

This job ain't exclusive to Zathras no more,
We figured out the perl and it isn't a chore.
Zath can rest easier; 'cause now there are two
people who can sic his
LurkerTracker on you!

Azure Sepulchre has 2 posts; the last 12 hours ago. Red text: UristMcDwarf. Posts: [1][2]
Darvi has 16 posts; the last 12 hours ago. Red text: Urist McDwarf.. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16]
Ottofar has 19 posts; the last 12 hours ago. Red text: Zrk2. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19]
The Captain has 3 posts; the last 10 hours ago. Red text: . Posts: [1][2][3]
Toaster has 4 posts; the last 10 hours ago. Red text: . Posts: [1][2][3][4]
TolyK has 22 posts; the last 12 hours ago. Red text: no-lynch. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22]
Tyberix has 7 posts; the last 11 hours ago. Red text: . Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7]
UristMcDwarf has 2 posts; the last 40 hours ago. Red text: . Posts: [1][2]
Zrk2 has 10 posts; the last 5 hours ago. Red text: Vadia. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10]
mukluk has 8 posts; the last 5 hours ago. Red text: . Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8]

Moderator has 11 posts; the last 11 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11]

Replacements considered: warhammer651 => Ottofar; vadia => TolyK.

Moderator: please prod UristMcDwarf. They haven't posted in over 36 hours.

UristMcDwarf will be prodded.

Because the goddamn LurkerTracker told me to.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 01:17:36 am by Argembarger »
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 21, 2011, 03:01:26 am »

Vadia Convince me you're not a mafia dude.

(I'm not good at logic-ing) Dx

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2011, 06:52:31 am »

Tyberix, you mentioned you had informants inside random.org and have solid evidence of mafia goals.  So do you really have that evidence (and what they are) or just pulling our legs, explained?

Back then it was only randomized list,sorry i know it was bit to much. Btw: please bold the nicks next time it makes it easier to find.

Vadia Convince me you're not a mafia dude.

(I'm not good at logic-ing) Dx
You admit to not reading even  the votecount ? Replacements are kind of important ...

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 21, 2011, 08:26:49 am »

I would protect Ottofar, as I've been in a couple of games with him and I don't think I've really ever seen him live past the first night. Admittedly, during one of those games I had gotten him lynched him when we were both town, so I feel quite guilty about that, too. :(

The Captain: You don't seem to have your vote on anyone. Do you have any FoS's or do you really intend to no vote, like you suggested earlier? If the latter, what's your reasoning?

Also, Zrk2, I asked you a question inside the spoiler text of my previous post, at the very bottom of it. I would be much obliged if you would answer it. = |

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 21, 2011, 08:56:16 am »

Okay thanks!  However, what is if the situation is unclear or if you just want to check the game out (so you could keep up to date with it)?

In the first case, that's a good time to ask questions to help clear up the confusion.  In the second, you don't have to post every time you read the thread, but if you make it a habit you will get called on it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 21, 2011, 09:46:32 am »

TolyK Had you been in from the start, what would you have done differently from Vadia?
I've gotta first read the whole thing. Where does the last mafia game start?

TolyK has 22 posts; the last 12 hours ago. Red text: no-lynch. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22]
what. I think that means it tracks... all messages I've made for some reason? I haven't...
oh. right.
that counts for Vadia's posts.
*facepalm*
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 21, 2011, 09:49:33 am »

Yeah, Zathras' LurkerTracker, tracks lurkers, like Azure or Urist.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 21, 2011, 09:50:09 am »

I've gotta first read the whole thing. Where does the last mafia game start?
Here

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 21, 2011, 01:27:05 pm »

Oh, I just threw out a series of generic questions, I see now that they were not very helpful, I just wanted to get those things out of the way quickly so we would not waste time discussing it when we have more information to discuss.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

The Captain

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 21, 2011, 03:25:43 pm »

I would protect Ottofar, as I've been in a couple of games with him and I don't think I've really ever seen him live past the first night. Admittedly, during one of those games I had gotten him lynched him when we were both town, so I feel quite guilty about that, too. :(

So you think Ottofar is town?

The Captain: You don't seem to have your vote on anyone. Do you have any FoS's or do you really intend to no vote, like you suggested earlier? If the latter, what's your reasoning?

I think a mislynch is almost a given on the first day, so I'm always nervous to cast my vote so early on, before I can get better reads on people.

Zrk2 why ask "generic questions"? Do you think you'll be able to pick up on scumtells without actually pushing individual players?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 21, 2011, 03:28:14 pm »

Actually I've done that in blind mafia (in this thing called "real life").
It makes people who don't answer more suspicious.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29