Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 283

Author Topic: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)  (Read 434995 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)
« Reply #390 on: May 08, 2011, 03:28:36 am »

Most...

Terrifying...

Thing...

Spoiler: EVER! (click to show/hide)

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 08, 2011, 03:54:35 am »

Quotan my announcement on the Steam Group.

Lauren Faust to take a more minor role in FiM
posted by Jude @ 01:38AM on May 08, 2011
http://fyre-flye.deviantart.com/journal/40428056/

She's still part of the team and still gets to see everything and the entire team itself is unchanged and they all assure us that the series will remain great and whatnot, but Lauren is now only a Consulting Producer, which means she does hardly anything at all now. By her own words, in a sense, she no longer actually works on the show.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 08, 2011, 04:01:07 am »

She's still part of the team and still gets to see everything and the entire team itself is unchanged and they all assure us that the series will remain great and whatnot, but Lauren is now only a Consulting Producer, which means she does hardly anything at all now. By her own words, in a sense, she no longer actually works on the show.

That's it, ponies over, everypony go home.  It's been fun guys.  And I do use the term "guys" loosely.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 08, 2011, 04:25:44 am »

Quote from: Lauren Faust
And now I suppose it’s finally time for me to deliver some unfortunate news. I’ve been uncertain for a little while now about how, when and, to be honest, whether to announce the news at all. But here it is: I am no longer working on the show. Various circumstances with the production made it increasingly impossible for me to keep up the level of personal creative involvement and control that I had at the start of the series. I don’t think I can accurately express how difficult and painful the decision was and still is. When Season 2 begins, you will see my credit changed from Executive Producer to Consulting Producer. My involvement in Season 2 ultimately does not reach far beyond story conception and scripts. A little more involved in the beginning, and a little less towards the end.

That sounds bad... I knew something like this would happen eventually but I was hoping for at least another Season.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 08, 2011, 04:45:02 am »

I'm going to continue to be optimistic about the new season until there's more of a reason to worry.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 08, 2011, 04:53:15 am »

By the way Lauren still reads over the script and likely has the ability to say shitniggerwtfudoin?

And also nothing else has changed on the entire team whatsoever other than that her name shows up in a different part of the credits now. It's the same team and they probably have gained an attachment to the series and know what the hell they're doing by now.

By the way season 2 was done under Faust's supervision already so if the show is going to start sucking just because she doesn't do as much, you'll have to wait til season 3 to see.
(And by all this I mean the entire script is done and almost half the season is ready to air.)

tl;dr

Do you have any idea how much everyone overreacted on the steam group when I posted the announcement jesus christ you people
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 04:56:13 am by Lumbajak »

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 08, 2011, 05:58:07 am »

I laughed at AJ calling Rarity out on
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yeah, that was pretty funny.

And, actually, I liked the episode over all.
Spoiler: Episode Stuff (click to show/hide)

I agree, I don't think it's all that strange at all that Fluttershy went way too far there. Plus, now all of the main cast have had their psycho breakdowns. :D

Any suggestions for improvement, other than the tail/hair and slightly large head?
Edit: Another fault: the neck should flow with the back of the head. If I get a pen for inking and some good prncils for coloring, the next one might get pretty nice.
Actually, I think you found everything that looked off on that picture. At least, to give any better analysis, I'd need to see another drawing which you haven't looked at so critically first. :P

An additional small point: I think the ear is a bit small, but it might just be the large head making it look small.
Also, the reason the butt is protruding weirdly is that the hind legs upper part should make up the butt, not stick out of it. See real horse anatomy for a comparison.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 08, 2011, 06:02:55 am »

On the topic of the newer episode, this is my favorite scene:
I laughed for a while.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 08, 2011, 07:13:31 am »

Quotan my announcement on the Steam Group.

Lauren Faust to take a more minor role in FiM
posted by Jude @ 01:38AM on May 08, 2011
http://fyre-flye.deviantart.com/journal/40428056/

By the by, which one is the steam group? I'd like to join, but searching for "my little pony" "pony" "MLP" or almost anything pony related I could think of nets hundreds of different groups.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 08, 2011, 12:48:58 pm »

By the by, which one is the steam group? I'd like to join, but searching for "my little pony" "pony" "MLP" or almost anything pony related I could think of nets hundreds of different groups.
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (MLP:FiM)

The one with over three thousand members.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 08, 2011, 12:50:39 pm »

An additional small point: I think the ear is a bit small, but it might just be the large head making it look small.
Also, the reason the butt is protruding weirdly is that the hind legs upper part should make up the butt, not stick out of it. See real horse anatomy for a comparison.
Ahead of you; I found that error out earlier today. I'd have drawn another one, but I've been a bit busy this weekend. I think I can draw one tonight, though.

Done and done!
Spoiler: Twilight Sparkle (click to show/hide)

I daresay I'm improving. Now, to get better drawing tools... maybe even install the correct drivers and plug in my scanner.
Edit: I just noticed; I missed one line on the hair. Curses!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 04:20:15 pm by Pyrate »
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 08, 2011, 06:37:28 pm »

Nice! The body looks really good, but I think the head might be a bit big still and the eyes are too small.

So, I was thinking that it's a bit lame criticising someone else's work without contributing anything yourself, so I decided to try my hoof at a pony of my own. For reasons of no real relevance, I had to use paint for this. One and a half hour later, I could kill for some decent layer tools. :P

Anyway, picture:

Spoiler: Paint pony! (click to show/hide)
Crap, I just realized I forgot the cutie mark. :-\ Meh, too late to do anything about that now, I need to get to bed.

Otherwise, I think it turned out pretty good. The eye might be a bit small, and the body a bit too long, though.

adecoy95

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 09, 2011, 02:44:58 am »

none of my friends will even watch an episode to see if they would like it.  :(

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 09, 2011, 03:09:27 am »

On the topic of the newer episode, this is my favorite scene:
I laughed for a while.

SWEET CELESTIA! That's both horrifying and hilarious!

Specifically, this one. I'm part of it too.

Ahead of you; I found that error out earlier today. I'd have drawn another one, but I've been a bit busy this weekend. I think I can draw one tonight, though.

Done and done!
Spoiler: Twilight Sparkle (click to show/hide)

I daresay I'm improving. Now, to get better drawing tools... maybe even install the correct drivers and plug in my scanner.
Edit: I just noticed; I missed one line on the hair. Curses!

The head seems a bit off to me - her left eye should be closer to the muzzle (which, incidentally, should protrude from the face more - right now it's inside the boundary of the main circle of the head)

Now that I look at it, I see that you were drawing her in profile. So what's that funky smudge just to the left of her head?

Nice! The body looks really good, but I think the head might be a bit big still and the eyes are too small.

So, I was thinking that it's a bit lame criticising someone else's work without contributing anything yourself, so I decided to try my hoof at a pony of my own. For reasons of no real relevance, I had to use paint for this. One and a half hour later, I could kill for some decent layer tools. :P

Anyway, picture:

Spoiler: Paint pony! (click to show/hide)
Crap, I just realized I forgot the cutie mark. :-\ Meh, too late to do anything about that now, I need to get to bed.

Otherwise, I think it turned out pretty good. The eye might be a bit small, and the body a bit too long, though.

Looks pretty good, Sil. The body length looks fine, but the eye is a tad to small and placed a bit too far forward, I think. also, if you need decent layer tools but have no money, might I recommend the GIMP? It's free and can do pretty much everything Photoshop can.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 09, 2011, 04:02:27 am »

Specifically, this one. I'm part of it too.
Now I wuz tryin' tuh link that but for some reason it wouldn't let me.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 283