Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 283

Author Topic: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)  (Read 434526 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)
« Reply #4050 on: October 19, 2011, 07:05:49 pm »

I'm definitely participating in the torture. It's the one chance I have of writing something I'm actually good at. If we're going with the 'pick one pony to torture' deal, I call Twilight. A mind is such a terrible thing to waste, after all...
Nothing important here, move along.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: October 19, 2011, 07:06:54 pm »

It's the one chance I have of writing something I'm actually good at.
I'm not sure if I should be worried.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: October 19, 2011, 07:09:39 pm »

I'm already worried.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: October 19, 2011, 07:10:06 pm »

Like I said, I'm pretty sure that part of my personality is sociopathic. Thinking up elaborate tortures is practically a pastime for me.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: October 19, 2011, 07:11:36 pm »

Thinking up horrifying situations and locations is a pastime for me.

We should start writing together.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: October 19, 2011, 07:13:33 pm »

In all seriousness...
Maybe the 'normal' one is where our OCs show up in Ponyville as a group set out to found a settlement in the name of some country or other. Problem is, we get lost int he Everfree and come out the other side with little in the way of supplies or knowledge about our surroundings. The Mane Cast graciously aid us in getting back on track. We can throw in some Bay12 injokes and have some fun with it.

And Crazy the mechanic is going to torture Fluttershy, unless anyone has objections to this.

Only if I get Rarity.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: October 19, 2011, 07:16:35 pm »

What, no-one wants to be the rescuer who murders the evil serial killers, attempts to heal the wounds imflicted but fails, leaving one option? Am I going to have to rescue, futilely attempt to help and mercy-kill the whole mane cast by myself and still have a character that hasn't been turned into a numb shell?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: October 19, 2011, 07:18:58 pm »

About the 'bay12' explorers to found a settlement....

My Little Fortress mod. Hell, if we make it out that it's a dwarf fortress - my little pony crossover, I bet we'll get better ratings in the Gorn story.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: October 19, 2011, 07:20:39 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: October 19, 2011, 07:21:34 pm »

Just a note: you'll have lots of competition with other horror fics as it's getting close to halloween. Maybe save it for christmas.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: October 19, 2011, 07:23:02 pm »

I kinda like my human self-insert. He's the guy in my avatar.

Now remember. We have to make the Fanfic good. That means 3D characters, plot and fun. We have to make it very good so that ED doesn't catch on at first.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: October 19, 2011, 07:24:07 pm »

That's a good idea, but I won't be available probably that month. So let's make it reasonably quickly and then just put it up on Christmas.

Heck, we could make it a sort of Christmas story, about how the mane 6 help the poor, starved travellers.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: October 19, 2011, 07:25:51 pm »

What, no-one wants to be the rescuer who murders the evil serial killers, attempts to heal the wounds imflicted but fails, leaving one option? Am I going to have to rescue, futilely attempt to help and mercy-kill the whole mane cast by myself and still have a character that hasn't been turned into a numb shell?
Doctor Whooves?

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: October 19, 2011, 07:27:26 pm »

The thing is, if we do it for Christmas, the cute fic's going to have a lot of competition. We're not fronting with the horror fic.

If we could put out the cute fic when it's not going to have much competition, it will draw a larger crowd. If it's during horror fic season, we'll be drawing in the people who don't want to read horror fics in the first place.

They'll be out of the frying pan and straight into our master-crafted hell. Adorned with spikes of torture.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: October 19, 2011, 07:29:22 pm »

Mmmm....good idea.
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 283