Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 283

Author Topic: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)  (Read 434537 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: When did ponies become awesome? What else have I missed? (take 2)
« Reply #4020 on: October 19, 2011, 06:15:36 pm »

That's what I was thinking. We need a fake email so that they won't know who it is, though...hmmmm...
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: October 19, 2011, 06:18:42 pm »

If we get it onto EqD, there's probably going to be people constantly reading it. We're probably going to have to make a separate document to write the gorn fic, then someone quickly copy-paste the whole thing over and catch everyone unawares.

PS: Pegasi wings are likely extremely sensitive since they're supposedly the pegasi's magical interface with their environment, meaning lots and lots of nerves. Pouring tar over it then plucking feathers would probably be hellish for the victim.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 06:20:50 pm by TheBronzePickle »
Nothing important here, move along.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: October 19, 2011, 06:20:19 pm »

That's a good idea. How long will we let it be cute?
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: October 19, 2011, 06:21:16 pm »

You'll like this nice story. It's a bit long, but you'll love the ending!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1td5r9BGGA7l2-rnlFTnVrJN2NdZclcVWUMoCqaSujnM/mobilebasic?pli=1&hl=en_GB

You see, you posted that. That immediately made me go into enjoy-gorn mode :p
I went in there expecting cupcakes, and I got my damn cupcakes. You should make a separate account just to catch me flat-footed once or twice :p

Now, with that out of the way...
What the fuck?

Yeah, really. I mean the story really IS is basically the same story as Cupcakes except that instead of cupcakes it has rainbows.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: October 19, 2011, 06:22:52 pm »

Well, we could make a fake account named "Bay12" or something similar, but no need to hide the fact that we're the guys doing it :p
And exactly what I was thinking. Once it gets on EqD, we replace our Google Docs/Fanfiction.net cute story with the gorn fic with no hints at all  that we did anything.
I'm doing this alone if nobody else is in; this is just going to be too awesome :p

And I'm thinking a day or so. Enough time for people to notice it, but not soon enough that everyone who would read it would have already done so.
Any ideas about the theme for the cute/gorn fiction? I'm thinking that we shouldn't use Pinkie as our antagonist, we don't want to be remembered as "that other Cupcakes thing."

Alright, damnit! Stop posting before me, people! I'm typing! D:<

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: October 19, 2011, 06:24:54 pm »

... I didn't say it was a good turn, guys.

Feh, maybe I'm a bit too "Stop Having Fun" about it, but some of the pictures seem like they might be a step too far for this forum. I'll admit, I'm slightly impressed that Zombiedash seems to have more or less correct horse skull anatomy, though. Enough to recognize at a glance "Oh this was clearly a horse".

And don't bother with a fake identity for trolling EqD if you're going to be openly discussing it here, there's not much point.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: October 19, 2011, 06:26:24 pm »

I meant that so as to avoid our following stories being ignored because of this trolling. Let's go with the Bay12 name.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: October 19, 2011, 06:27:20 pm »

Exactly. Don't hide that it was Bay12 that did it :p

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: October 19, 2011, 06:30:00 pm »

Pinkie's going to be one of the victims. She's not even going to be physically tortured, we're going to mind rape her.

Maybe the torturers should be self-inserts? It's not something I've heard of being done before, so I think it would at least be original.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: October 19, 2011, 06:31:40 pm »

Yes! Great idea!

Hmmm. When shall we orchestrate our plot?

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: October 19, 2011, 06:34:46 pm »

I've got a big break between classes every Thursday, and my school doesn't have classes on Fridays. I'm also generally available after 3:20 every weekday. I'm often busy on weekends, though.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: October 19, 2011, 06:36:35 pm »

Let's do it in a week. Cute story first. How long should we aim for it to be?

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: October 19, 2011, 06:37:23 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Self-inserts it is. How does the weekend sound, though? On one hand, the new Luna episode. On the other hand, the weekend is when we are all most likely to have time to work on it.

EDIT:
Well, I'm available Friday most of the day, and a few hours on Monday and Wednesday. I can't make Tuesday/Thursday; I have school, then karate lessons.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 06:39:44 pm by Crazy Cow »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: October 19, 2011, 06:40:00 pm »

I meant that you'll need to submit future stories under false names, actually, because the Bay12 one will be instantly traced back here and to the posts of the people responsible. Hell, I'll help them find the posts in question if it hasn't been done by the time I notice (if I ever do). Not really a fan of organized trolling of other communities, y'know?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: October 19, 2011, 06:41:15 pm »

Now, characters. For cute story, should we use OCs or, maybe, the mane 6?
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 283